• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any advantage to buying tickets before arriving?

disneyfifs

Mouseketeer
Hi, we are making a last minute trip to WDW and was wondering if I should buy our tickets online and hold them in will call or just buy when we check in at AoA? Is there any advantage to pre-purchasing? We are leaving on Feb. 13th. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

benefit in price. Depending on the type of tickets you are buying you can save money from an authorized vendor. We usually save about $50 on the family's tickets. Not huge but the process is easy.

We have always used Undercover Tourist and have had good service. The thing to be concerned with is the timing. Most providers have an express shipping option but they would likely not be shipped until the 11th which probably isn't enough time. UT has a pick up option that is near Universal. That could me more hassle than you might want.

Some AAA offices have deals. I checked ours and the UT price was cheaper. AAA offers vary.

Actually, I just looked at the tickets I just bought and the savings was about $40/adult ticket.

Budgeting - we buy our WDW tickets from UT about 2 years in advance - then we book our resort 1 year in advance - then the $ savings begin.

we buy from ticketsatwork.com - right now they have a 7 day park hopper water park fun and more ticket for $345 a ticket...thats $45 off gate price! If you can't get access to ticketsatwork.com I would buy from disneyyouth.com (individual enrollment) and if that is booked and no more tickets...THEN I would resort to UT for my tickets...savings everywhere for tickets - I REFUSE to pay full price for tickets! Enjoy your last minute trip!

DisneyDreamer0610 said:
we buy from ticketsatwork.com - right now they have a 7 day park hopper water park fun and more ticket for $345 a ticket...thats $45 off gate price! If you can't get access to ticketsatwork.com I would buy from disneyyouth.com (individual enrollment) and if that is booked and no more tickets...THEN I would resort to UT for my tickets...savings everywhere for tickets - I REFUSE to pay full price for tickets! Enjoy your last minute trip!

So ticketsatwork is reputable ? We get discounts through them from my work and i have never used them so I was curious they have a 4 day park hopper with three extra days total 7!for 319 that would save us like 53 bucks ;)

Yeah! I bought our tickets through them...just be aware that they charge like $50 bux for taxes and shipping but if you are like us and buying 6 tickets...thats still saving us a TON of cash so it is definitely worth it!

Thank you everyone for the information and taking the time to respond. We are exploring our options now. The more I learn from this board, the more I start planning for two trips instead of one. The one that's next week and then the one 2 years from now that no one but me knows anything about. After all, life is always better when you're planning a Disney trip!

So ticketsatwork is reputable ? We get discounts through them from my work and i have never used them so I was curious they have a 4 day park hopper with three extra days total 7!for 319 that would save us like 53 bucks ;)

We used them for SeaWorld tix a couple of years ago and had no problems. I always forget we get this through my work though--didn't even think of checking WDW park tix before our recent trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter