Any adult Dis'ers into Hardcore Metal?

I thought I was the only guy wierd enough to like "Disney magic", yet at the same time like some metal music. God bless all of you out there :)

Heres my happy faves...

Solitude Aeturnus (do yourself a favor and listen to em) the best
Candlemass
Isole
Danzig (yeah im older lol)

So im not the only messed up dis'er too funny....

So to recap....Candlemass and Enchanted Tiki Birds.....a wonderful day ;)

Darby O'Gill

Dimmu Borgir touring the US! Check out the dates
http://www.myspace.com/dimmuborgir

And be sure to sign up for pre-sale tix!:thumbsup2
https://tixx1.artistarena.com/dimmuborgir/

\m/

Blood Red Throne!!!!!! I'm so excited to see them in the US.
And my job sells the tickets to the place they're playing in this city so I can buy the without service fees :woohoo: that extr 10 bucks is going towards merch!

I just saw the Katatonia, Orphaned Land, Swallow the Sun tour and it was amazing!!!

Blood Red Throne!!!!!! I'm so excited to see them in the US.
And my job sells the tickets to the place they're playing in this city so I can buy the without service fees :woohoo: that extr 10 bucks is going towards merch!

I just saw the Katatonia, Orphaned Land, Swallow the Sun tour and it was amazing!!!

:woohoo: Gotta have the merch :laughing: If you sign up for the pre-sale tix, they are supposed to go easy on some of the "BS" charges. Every little bit helps these days. :sad2:

I was thinking about seeing Katatonia- but I have a few shows coming up. Black Label Society (HUSH! I know- I know! blah, blah, Zakk is a d-bag, blahhhh :rotfl2: I can't help it. BLS is like my bad habit) Cannibal Corpse, Soulfly and now Dimmu.

Last night I pre-ordered the new Dimmu CD and a girly T :banana:

Did everyone see the new vid for "Gateway" ? Oh I would love to see Dimmu with a full orchestra behind them.:worship:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KzzbYp7NtY

Just wanted to drop in and let my fellow Brothers and Sisters of True Metal and DIS know that I am still alive and kicking!!! MY home computer crashed and I have been way too busy at work to stop in :)

I agree the new Dimmu is going to be amazing!!! I have seen them live 3 times and Old Man's Child live twice over the years!!! I am going to have to hit that show for sure....

Now I have to decide between Nile on 11/05 or Dimmu Borgir/Enslaved/Blood Red Throne on 11/05!! Damn you Metal Gods for giving me such a hard decision!!!!

My next shows coming up are:

Nile or Dimmu Borgir - 11/05
Overkill / Forbidden - 11/07
Suicidal Tendencies/ Cro Mags / DRI - 11/13
Epica / Mutiny Within / Scar Symmetry - 11/20
Blind Guardian - 11/21

I love the Fall for it is Metal season in the US!!!! Best November ever I turn 30 on 11/10 so the Metal Gods are giving me an amazing 30th B-Day gift with an amazing Month of Metal!!!!!

You've got a packed November that's for sure! Happy early early birthday!~

Oh, and if you decide to go see Nile be sure to tell me how they are.
...I doubt I could make it through one song about Osiris before busting up laughingXD

Feel like throwing my current upcoming shows out there too!

DRI
Nuclear Assault (making a 5 hour drive for this one)
Triptykon
Nevermore
Watain
Enslaved(okay, technically dimmu)
Overkill
Frontline Assembly(not metal...)

Then next year I've already got 70,000 tons of metal, Death Angel, and a band the DIS would not want the name of on here (from Greece)

busy busy busy

So we got this cd in at work by a band called Unsun. They were supposedly a symphonic band so I checked them out online on youtube because I didn't want to buy the cd and hate it. Well... I love it! Oddly enough, it's the project of Mauser (ex-Vader) and his wife.

Vader fans might be shocked, but people who like Within Temptation an Delain might want to give this a go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LapknbGS7Os

So we got this cd in at work by a band called Unsun. They were supposedly a symphonic band so I checked them out online on youtube because I didn't want to buy the cd and hate it. Well... I love it! Oddly enough, it's the project of Mauser (ex-Vader) and his wife.

Vader fans might be shocked, but people who like Within Temptation an Delain might want to give this a go:

They aren't too bad. I'm not a fan of the singer, to me she doesn't sing that well, but the music is great. I'm not a Vader fan. I saw them at Summer Slaughter a couple of years ago and I did not like them at all. ><

I like Kataklysm, Tarot, Bleeding Through, Killswitch Engage, Equilibrium, White Chapel, Atreyu, Amon Amarth, just to name a few.

Okay I'll come out and say it. I'm not a concert-goer. Kind of not my thing, to be honest. However I do recognize quite a few of the bands mentioned here. My own personal taste in music can be quite various, but where my tastes in metal is concerned, they can range from old school (Judas Priest, Dio, Black Sabbath), the essentials (Metallica, Megadeth), some of today's well knowns (Disturbed, System of a Down, Avenged Sevenfold) to even the hardest bands (Evile, Job for a Cowboy, The Black Dahlia Murder [curse you Rock Band...]).

.....A Disney fan and a Metal fan. Strange combination........;)

EDIT: I just remembered Whitechapel! Gotta show some hometown love!

:smickey:

I thought I was the only guy wierd enough to like "Disney magic", yet at the same time like some metal music. God bless all of you out there :)

This is how I feel almost every day of my life- this is one of my favorite lines-

"We're outnumbered ten to one here. Still I love the odds" Free Will Sacrifice- Amon Amarth.

Unsun FTW!!! "Clinic of Dolls" is a solid album the title track as well as "Not Enough" are my favs so far, I also enjoy their first album "The End of Life" highlights for me being "Whispers" and "Destiny"... "Whispers" is arguably one of the best Gothic Metal songs of all time I absolutely love that song....

Mauser is the man even if he is playing Gothic Metal....His work in Vader was great but I can imagine that playing Death Metal for over 10 year gets old after awhile....I am sure he will return to Death Metal at some point even if it is not with Vader....

This is how I feel almost every day of my life- this is one of my favorite lines-

"We're outnumbered ten to one here. Still I love the odds" Free Will Sacrifice- Amon Amarth.

Amon Amarth are Metal Gods....:worship::worship::worship::worship:

Another quote I like that sums up being Metal.....

"Brothers Of Metal We Are Fighting With Power And Steel
Fighting For Metal, Metal That's Real, Brothers Of Metal Will Always Be There
Standing Together With Hands In The Air" - "Brothers of Metal, Part1" by Manowar....I personally would gladly add Sisters of Metal to that as well

I listen to:

Evanescence
Nightwish
Within Temptation
Tarja

I love Within Temptation and Nightwish.....funny coincidence I am listening to lastfm and Ice Queen by Within Temptation and Wanderlust by Nightwish played right before I opened this....

I was lucky enough to see Nightwish live twice with Tarja before she left, I hope that both sides can put their egos aside and get back together sometime soon......

If you like those bands then you must also like?

Edenbridge
Epica
Delain
Leaves' Eye
After Forever
Krypteria
Theatre of Tragedy
Lacuna Coil

to name a few :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter