• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any adult Dis'ers into Hardcore Metal?

It's not getting postponed here, but we're going to have Exodus headlining instead of Slayer now D: Thanks for the heads up!!<3 Poor Tom, that can't be fun. Hope he has a quick recovery...

And great eye candy~ There are few things on this earth better than a hot metal dudeXD

:guilty: I would be pretty pissed if that were the new line up I was to see instead.

Exodus is good, don't get me wrong, but, I have already seen them 2x this year and IMHO they certainly are not %$#@ing Slayer caliber.

Slayer is....................Slayer............:thumbsup2

I am going to hold onto my tix and stay put and wait for Tom!:woohoo:

Are you on the West Coast???

Haven't been on this site in ages went to subscribed threads and wow this thread still exists! Hope everyone is well. Great to see it is alive and kicking! Haven't heard any further updates on RJD's condition since what was listed on his site Jan 13th.

If anyone is a fan of David Ellefson, a good friend of mine(David Fefolt) and Rhino (Manowar) put together a new band Angels of Babylon. Dave Ellefson is on bass and Ethan Brosh on Guitar. You can find them on myspace or FB Their album is out in Europe and has a tentative release date here in the states around May.
To Dio and a full recovery.
Long Live Rock and Roll "Hail" to Stand Up and Shout. He is the King of Rock and Roll and remember Don't Talk to Strangers Rock N Roll Children.:)

:guilty: I would be pretty pissed if that were the new line up I was to see instead.

Exodus is good, don't get me wrong, but, I have already seen them 2x this year and IMHO they certainly are not %$#@ing Slayer caliber.

Slayer is....................Slayer............:thumbsup2

I am going to hold onto my tix and stay put and wait for Tom!:woohoo:

Are you on the West Coast???

*replies all super late* Sorry >>;

No, I'm in the midwest. Indiana to be precise. Yay for me!:rolleyes:

I'm not a huge Slayer fan per say, but I'm determined to see them at least once! I mean, you can't call yourself a fan of metal if you haven't even seen Slayer. *sighs*

(I changed the title of this thread from Black metal to Hardcore metal. No metal discrimination here!) :banana:

I can count on one hand the Dis'ers that even know who Type O Negative, Pantera (Down), Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth, Slip Knot ;), Slayer, Exodus, Testament, Soulfly, Cavalera Conspiracy are....need I go on?
icon_freak.gif

Anyone get psyched about Metal concerts, or just that a song you like is on the radio? Anyone listen to Sirius Hard Attack and love it? Can't live without it? Do you hear Ministry's rendition of Roadhouse Blues and freak out, while other's say....what the heck is that....? Do you find people strange who think American Idol music is................good?
1312.gif

Just wondering..... or maybe I am the weird one
thc070.gif
, but I doubt it
snooty.gif
.......:laughing:

Just curious........

I still love my freaps and my CF peeps :hug:

Dude-so with ya! Gotta feelin' I'm a wee bit older than you-Metallica "Ride the Lightning" was my first metal experience! Type O Negative-still awesome! And so on and so on-but I prefer XM (even though we have both in different cars-guess it depends on my mood what I drive!) so it is all good my friend!

Some call us angry-we just consider them confused!

(Have a super soft spot for KISS though-favorite band of all time!)

Dude-so with ya! Gotta feelin' I'm a wee bit older than you-Metallica "Ride the Lightning" was my first metal experience! Type O Negative-still awesome! And so on and so on-but I prefer XM (even though we have both in different cars-guess it depends on my mood what I drive!) so it is all good my friend!

Some call us angry-we just consider them confused!

(Have a super soft spot for KISS though-favorite band of all time!)

Hi Waynesgirl!!!! Guess what!? Ride the Lightning was the first "speed" metal CASSETTE I owned:lmao::rotfl2: We are not old- we are just "experienced" and know a good thing when we hear it!:thumbsup2 Through the years we stayed true to the metal!

KISS was the very first band I saw- I was in 7th grade and ever since then- I can't get enough metal in my life.

Type O will always be my favorite. Even though sometimes I venture off to other lands and bands - my home is always with Type O:love: I can't say there is ANYONE else out there that even comes close to their sound. It is so unique. I am glad Pete got his act together and the band is supposed to be in the studio. I hope Josh gives up his Paramedic career and comes back to the keyboards- AND GROWS HIS DARN HAIR BACK TOO!:guilty: I love watching that mane fly around!:laughing:

Next week Amon Amarth tix go on sale! I am SO there. I can't wait to see Johan, King of Viking Metal and the boyz!:worship:

For the most part- the louder and heavier it is, the more I like it!:woohoo:

It's so cool that we can love both Metal AND Disney! I love old school like Metallica and Iron Maiden and new school like Slip Knot and Korn for just an example. I love Linkin Park, and Nirvana also.
BUT>>
My first and true love is David Bowie.:worship:

But I agree with you all about people who listen to crap pop or rap music. I JUST DON'T GET IT???? Why do they like that stuff?????:confused3 It's all the same drivel over and over. Bad Taste!

Well, I got that out! Thanks.

It's so cool that we can love both Metal AND Disney! I love old school like Metallica and Iron Maiden and new school like Slip Knot and Korn for just an example. I love Linkin Park, and Nirvana also.
BUT>>
My first and true love is David Bowie.:worship:

But I agree with you all about people who listen to crap pop or rap music. I JUST DON'T GET IT???? Why do they like that stuff?????:confused3 It's all the same drivel over and over. Bad Taste!

Well, I got that out! Thanks.

:wave2:

I thought this was funny.

I read a comment made by a Facebook friend of mine about AI- she said she was disappointed b/c there was no talent on the show this year......and people were agreeing with her :scared1::eek::scared1:

..............I HAD TO KEEP MY COMMENTS TO MYSELF b/c I luv mah friend:lmao::rotfl2:

I think parents have a responsibility to their children when they are young to introduce them to good music. :thumbsup2 Even if it is just classic rock! But be sure you teach your child there is NO such person as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin or Jethro Tull. :rolleyes::laughing:

Hell my fellow Brothers and Sisters of True Metal and Disney :goodvibes

I was fooling around on youtube and found this video "Mickey Mouse and his Band - Black Metal Concert" it's pretty cool check it out :thumbsup2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTQdLXsMHKI

:lmao: Do you think we can get a petition going to make this an attraction in WDW!!?:rotfl2: 3-D would be nice!

We can do a poll here on the Dis to see who would approve- bahhahahaaaaaaaaaaa:lmao:
Goddess forbid! We would get totally SLAMMED for that one!:rolleyes:
thtomato.gif

If you like that, I think you'll enjoy this one, though it is a classic, so I'm sure most of you have seen it. I am in tears laughing every time I see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InZNBcJTmWs

I love Bert- he is a cool dude! :thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing.

:lmao: Do you think we can get a petition going to make this an attraction in WDW!!?:rotfl2: 3-D would be nice!

We can do a poll here on the Dis to see who would approve- bahhahahaaaaaaaaaaa:lmao:
Goddess forbid! We would get totally SLAMMED for that one!:rolleyes:
thtomato.gif

I love Bert- he is a cool dude! :thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing.

LOL that would be the best attraction ever!!!!!!....maybe they could re-theme Philharmagic.....That would be so Metal \m/ -_- \m/ ....btw did you notice my new avatar? I am wearing my Immortal ...Demons of Metal shirt in my pic with Baloo....I love wearing my Metal shirts to the Parks...the looks I get sometimes are pricelss!!! I already have my shirts packed and ready for my trip in April/May!!!!

demons.jpg

....btw did you notice my new avatar? I am wearing my Immortal ...Demons of Metal shirt in my pic with Baloo....I love wearing my Metal shirts to the Parks...the looks I get sometimes are pricelss!!! I already have my shirts packed and ready for my trip in April/May!!!!

I DID notice your new avatar (nice to see you BTW :laughing:) but I could not make out what the shirt was. I like it!

Last August I did bring my Danzig shirt with me and wore that. Our next trip- I am packing my Slayer, Arch Enemy, Lamb of God- and hopefully an Amon Amarth shirt. I am hoping they have girly Ts at the concert next month! I told the T shirt guy at the Rob Zombie concert a few months back that this is discrimination against us girls b/c Rob did not have a girly T!!! I usually have to get mine online. :rolleyes: Us girls like to proudly display our bands across our chests too ya know!!!

Maybe I will add my Vlad Dracula and my Elizabeth Bathory Ts to my luggage also! Mix it up a little! :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

I wonder how many snickers we will get with our wardrobe:rolleyes1 Oh, that's right- no one does that in Disney, everyone is so considerate!:lmao:

Thanks Metal- I won't be heading up to see them- will you be heading down?

The DW and I are still mulling it over......I doubt it though as I have seen Iron Maiden live 7 times and Dream Theater live 4 times and given that we despise everything about NYC the draw of seeing them live together isn't enough to motivate me to take the 4 hour drive to NYC....Having said that I am going to look up the rest of the North American tour dates and if they are hitting Montreal we may head up there :goodvibes I just wish that they were coming to Boston or even Hartford CT!!!!

In any case I wanted to share it with my brethren of gloom and doom in case any of you guys (and girls) were interested :rockband:

What ticks me off is that Maiden/DT are playing both NYC and North Jersey (PNC Arts ceter), but nothing in Philly or Baltimore. I was thinking about hitting the PNC show, but I have friends south of Baltimore, so I'm hitting the Nissan Pavillion (or whatever it's called now) gig.

No way I'm missing DT and Maiden together. I'm really hoping Bruce comes out to sing with DT, or Petrucci sits in with Maiden. Even though DT will probably only get 45 to 50 minutes, they usually tailor the setlist for the audience, so it should stray towards the metal/shredding stuff. I heard Eddie Trunk saying that with 50 minutes DT would only be able to play two full songs :lmao:

Not sure if one would consider this hardcore, but I love Mastodon, Hatebreed, Tool, Hed (p.e.), Sepultura, Soulfly and Kylesa to name a few.

I also love Disney music and all kinds of other stuff metal heads usually don't get into.

Not sure if one would consider this hardcore, but I love Mastodon, Hatebreed, Tool, Hed (p.e.), Sepultura, Soulfly and Kylesa to name a few.

I also love Disney music and all kinds of other stuff metal heads usually don't get into.

This thread used to have "Black Metal" in the title but it was scarring off people lol So Maddhatir changed the name to Hardcore Metal so you're all good :thumbsup2

Yeah so welcome to the gang :)

We mostly talk about all kinds of Metal anyway so you're good even with some of your hard rock (nu metal bands) listed below :goodvibes

I think that I am the only Metal Elitist on this thread LOL Maddhatir and Brocktoon are way more open minded when it comes the Music / Metal than I am...I don't mean to speak for them but it's the truth.....

Having said that I do listen to other stuff that isn't Metal - Metal like old Hed (Pe) , Snot, Soulfly, old Sevendust etc....just don't tell my fellow Metal Elitists I will be banished from that crowd faster than Metallica :rotfl2:

If you like Metal and Disney like all of us on this thread check out the following Metal tribute songs to Disney :

Like Donald Duck by Trick or Treat
Fantasmic by Nightwish

Blast it Loud and Proud :rockband:

I think that I am the only Metal Elitist on this thread LOL Maddhatir and Brocktoon are way more open minded when it comes the Music / Metal than I am...I don't mean to speak for them but it's the truth.....

I'd agree with you on that ... I love metal, but I'd get my a** kicked at some of the metal shows wearing the shirts of some of the other bands I love :thumbsup2

While I listen anything and everything, I kind think jazz/fusion and metal respresent all that is great with music ...

Crack The Skye is nowhere as heavy as Mastodon's earlier stuff like Leviathan, but it's easily my favorite Mastodon work, probably because it strays in the progressive direction. And Lateralus has remained one of my all time faves.

If you like Tool and Mastodon and are OK with growling or screaming, then you should check out:

OPETH - Blackwater Park or Ghost Reveries
BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME - Colors

Welcome Dan!!!!

Having said that I do listen to other stuff that isn't Metal - Metal like old Hed (Pe) , Snot, Soulfly, old Sevendust etc....just don't tell my fellow Metal Elitists I will be banished from that crowd faster than Metallica :rotfl2:

No banishing here! I LUUUUV Soulfly! Well anything that involves the Cavalera Bros is ALL good! :thumbsup2 I love how Max's accent comes through in his songs. And the few songs that I've heard from Snot were good, but, the name has to go {{puke}} OK so, sometimes my girly-girl-ness comes out ! :cutie::rotfl2:

Just got an e-mail from Ticketmaster that Korn is touring, but not in Philly right now:guilty: I would love to see them again. It's only been about a year since my last show, but I need me more Korn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter