• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any AAA perks?

princesswendy720

DIS Veteran
I already have my upcoming vacation booked with the Disney Fall Discount code.

Are there any Disney perks for AAA card members? (disounts at certain stores or anything..) other than room/package discounts.

I've never read about anything but I figured I'd ask the DIS experts since the AAA website is kind of useless for this sort of thing.

can only comment about some of the perks you get when you book your Disney vacation through your AAA agent...

you get a AAA Diamond parking pass (spaces are right next to the handicapped parking in the lots...usually so close to the entrance it's a shorter walk to the entrance than it is to the trams.)

you get a discount card that can be used for 10% off in any Disney store.

There's a couple of other things, but I can't remember the details...one was for a Princess storytime I think.

Is it worth the savings to join AAA just for the Disney savings, or would I be better off getting the Disney Visa and doing the codes?

We are going to Disney, but want to make our dollar stretch as far as it can. Basic Membership sis $42.

You also get:
1 free 5x7 photopass picture per room (you must get while there)
luggage tags for every member of your group
Planet Hollywood meal discount voucher
Planet Hollywood merchandise voucher
Storytime pass for every member of your group

We save about 17% off rack rate. We have used AAA for our past 5 trips and have had no problems.

well you know when you join AAA you get all kinds of non-Disney related benefits (that actually are worth way more than all the Disney benefits put together. so you're not just joining for the Disney discount, LOL.) First off, if you're a good driver, the AAA car insurance is a really good deal.

And lots of other benefits to being a AAA member, for any kind of travel they will act as your travel agent...for any kind of trip, including cruises, overseas, etc. And for the driving part of your membership, AAA is awesome...including...road side assistance when your car breaks down (and they are ALWAYS available...with whatever you need be it a new tire or a tow truck)

There's 5-20% discounts using the card all over the place, including virtually every single hotel chain in the universe...also at a lot of retail stores & services (even florists.) You can also get free maps to wherever you're going as well as trip guide books that list pertinent info about locations you're traveling to/through including restaurants, attractions, state parks, hotels, etc.

(I sound like an ad, don't I? No, I don't work for AAA, but we've been members for about 20 years and have great service from them the whole time.)

Is it worth the savings to join AAA just for the Disney savings, or would I be better off getting the Disney Visa and doing the codes?

We are going to Disney, but want to make our dollar stretch as far as it can. Basic Membership sis $42.

It's absolutely worth it!:thumbsup2 We saved a couple hundred by booking through AAA. And AAA offers tons of other discounts also, not just Disney!

I was just quoted a price this Tuesday on a package for WL - for our upcoming trip May 2009 - and with the AAA discount we would save about $300.

I got the Disney VIsa and saved over $600 with the free dining code if that helps.

I got the Disney Visa and saved $600 with the free dining code. Plus it is 0% interest for 6 months on all disney vacations.

It depends greatly on how you do Disney.

If you prefer to have the whole vacation paid for and budgeted from savings, and you're not planning on doing the dining plan (you don't always save money with this, and it dramatically changes the flavor of your vacation in terms of freedom to choose what you want to do by forcing you to plan around ADR's), you're better off using the discounts and buying rack rate with your Disney tickets through a third party wholesaler. If you're spending at least 6 nights, renting DVC points for on-property villas or choosing a vacation home with a kitchen off-property will give you the freedom to save a ton on food, and open up some of Orlando's dining options to you that you simply can't match at Disney, for a fraction of the price that you'll pay in the parks or at the resorts.

If you're planning on putting your Disney vacation on a credit card, need to stay on property, and are looking at the Value resorts, you can't beat 0% interest for 6 months with extra perks.

I think it depends on the agent too...I can't say I have had the best luck this year...I booked through the same office I always have and, unfortunately the agent I worked with the last 3 years, is no longer there and the agent I'm currently dealing with is either too busy to keep up with returning calls or I'm unrealistic in expecting a call back within a day or 2.

If you can't get any discount through Disney, AAA will give a small 10% or so on the room and a few other small perks previously mentioned, but the customer service might not be worth it IMHO.

AAA can also use the codes to get you a discount but if you are joining AAA just for Disney discounts, then no it wouldn't be worth it to me. We are already AAA members so we went ahead and used them to book our package but at the same time kept aware of any specials or codes that came out and called our agent to make changes to our package. We went with AAA because we wanted to try the Diamond parking.

I love my AAA Agent. She can use either the Disney promo, or her rates if no promo is out there (or if the AAA rate is better). We just received our booking packet in the mail today from AAA, all the Magic your way perks, plus my boys will get a special story time - diamond member perks, special parking (great for us since we drive) and more. If a better disney deal comes out later in the year, we can swap our AAA promo for that, and keep all of our AAA Perks. So totally worth it. Plus we save on our hotels and restaurants there and back.

And just today our AAA Disney Confirmation Guarantee packet arrived (yay). We were looking at the balance and decided that the savings justified us adding two more days on to the beginning of our trip. Done and Done :wizard:

As for the credit card thing... We're long, LONG time Chase Mastercard members. We briefly considered switching to the Disney Visa card, but Chase only allows members to have one card. It's not worth it for us to swap one of our oldest credit lines for a new one. But the dining incentive is nice for those that take advantage of the card for that purpose alone. We do the dining regardless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter