Any AAA discounts at restaurants other than Plaza Inn or GK ?

richfei

Earning My Ears
Hi,

From what I've read I can get a 10% discount if I'm a AAA member at the Plaza Inn and at Goofys Kitchen ?

I don't have an annual pass, but I do have a AAA card.

Are there any other eating places in DL or DCA besides the two places I mentioned that provides a discount for AAA membership ?

Thanks
Richard

We accidentally found out that the Wine Country Trattoria (?- not sure if this is the right name. The restaurant in DCA below the Vineyard Room...) has a AAA discount. I think it's 10%.

We had a GREAT waiter named Mike, and he was telling us about some 50th anniversary plates they were selling. Then he mentions that if we had an AP or AAA that we could get a discount. So we decided to get one of the plates, and BF hands him the AAA card. It turns out that our entire meal was discounted, not just the plate! (No discount on the alcohol though.)

3 of us had dinner there for less than $100, and 2 of us had wine, and all of us had a salad or soup before the entree, and we were commenting about what a great value that was. Mike saw us reviewing our bill and he came and apologized for the cost and that the discount didn't apply to alcohol, and we were telling him that we were very pleasantly surprised at how reasonable it was for what we had!

Anyway, I highly recommend it. The food is really good, and the muscat electra wine (if you like sweet wines) is awesome! The bread was great too, served with an olive tapinade.

We accidentally found out that the Wine Country Trattoria (?- not sure if this is the right name. The restaurant in DCA below the Vineyard Room...) has a AAA discount. I think it's 10%.

We had a GREAT waiter named Mike, and he was telling us about some 50th anniversary plates they were selling. Then he mentions that if we had an AP or AAA that we could get a discount. So we decided to get one of the plates, and BF hands him the AAA card. It turns out that our entire meal was discounted, not just the plate! (No discount on the alcohol though.)

3 of us had dinner there for less than $100, and 2 of us had wine, and all of us had a salad or soup before the entree, and we were commenting about what a great value that was. Mike saw us reviewing our bill and he came and apologized for the cost and that the discount didn't apply to alcohol, and we were telling him that we were very pleasantly surprised at how reasonable it was for what we had!

Anyway, I highly recommend it. The food is really good, and the muscat electra wine (if you like sweet wines) is awesome! The bread was great too, served with an olive tapinade.

How recent was this experience? I could be wrong, but I thought the Disney AAA dining discounts were discontinued.

Does anyone know if the AAA dining discounts at the character meals still exist? Thanks.

AAA Members also receive the following Dining Discounts at the Disneyland Resort:

Ariel's Grotto: 10% anytime
Goofy's Kitchen: 10% for Breakfast and Dinner
PCH Grill: 10% anytime
Plaza Inn: 10% anytime
Wine Country Trattoria: 10% anytime

Information from http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/

This listing might not be completely updated, so stay tuned.

~~ I love you Phil and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

We were at the Plaza Inn for breakfast last Thursday and I asked about the AAA discount and found out it no longer exists. I was bummed.

Ok... never mind my previous post, for @ 2 years ago, is when DL stopped all AAA membership discounts for character and other meals. Not sure how I missed that, sorry for the outdated information. Anyway, I had a nice chat with a Disney Dining CM today.

~~ I love you Phil and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

The only dining discounts i know of is the AP discount. No triple A discount or anything like that, in fact never even heard of them doing a Triple A dining discount at DL. At WDW i guess if you are a Triple A member you will get a discount

:)You can get a 10% off Dining Discount at a few DL restaurants if you have a Disney Visa Card.

At DL:
Big Thunder Ranch
River Belle Terrace
French Market

At DCA:
Cocina Cucamonga

DL Hotels:
Storytellers Cafe (Lunch) - GCH
Disney's PCH Grill - PPH
Steakhouse 55 (Breakfast) -DLH

Just show them your card when you get your bill! :)

I believe you have to actually use the Disney Visa to get the discount. I don't think you can just show it, but maybe things have changed from last year.

And one thing I did find out was that sometimes you can get discounts from restaurants that aren't on the list. I got a discount at Carnation Cafe and at Rancho Zocalo, and neither of those are advertised as providing a discount.

We were at the Plaza Inn for breakfast last Thursday and I asked about the AAA discount and found out it no longer exists. I was bummed.

I believe you have to actually use the Disney Visa to get the discount. I don't think you can just show it, but maybe things have changed from last year.

And one thing I did find out was that sometimes you can get discounts from restaurants that aren't on the list. I got a discount at Carnation Cafe and at Rancho Zocalo, and neither of those are advertised as providing a discount.

Those restaurants do not offer AAA Roadside Membership discounts either. Only AP discounts exist.

Those restaurants do not offer AAA Roadside Membership discounts either. Only AP discounts exist. /QUOTE]

I wasn't meaning the AAA discount, I was meaning the Disney Visa discount. You actually have to put the meal on your Disney Visa to get the discount, and some restaurants will give that DV discount even though it isn't advertised. I just tend to use the DV whenever I buy a meal and sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised to see a discount on my receipt.

k. That makes more sense now! Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter