Any 2016 wine and diners out there?

Welcome to the wonderful, addicting world of Disney events. These forums are a great place to make some new friends, keep eachother motivated, and help the days and months pass by until the next Event. I have only been running for 3 years and just took family to WDW this January for all of the events. It was a blast.

It's not too early to think about a destination goal for 2016. But I agree with some of the other posters that it's beneficial to have some smaller events in the near future that can help keep your focus and training on track. 5ks and 10ks seem to be plentiful in my area and hopefully would be in yours too. Don't hesitate to sign up for a few if time and budget allow.

But to answer your initial post, DW and I have a full calendar of races this year but are already thinking about 2016 and W & D is definitely on the radar. Thanks to the generosity of information shared by other members on this forum, it sounds like my kind of event (night, food, fun, and Disney!). A lot of it will depend on our kids and their school activities but I would say we are a "definite maybe."

I know I am trying to work out the details obviously I have till July! But gonna try to iron these out ASAP!!

I'm totally going to follow this thread. I have never run a single race (or trained at all) in my life, but I am totally eyeing this as my first race!

I know I am trying to work out the details obviously I have till July! But gonna try to iron these out ASAP!!

You can DEFINITELY get to the 10k!! Just keep being steady in your training and keep conditioning for the miles - you just need to do a little over 6 miles in 16 minutes a mile or less! I just did my first 10K last month (and have another one coming up this Saturday) - I was super nervous beforehand, but I'd put in the work and I had a blast! I LOVE the 10K distance, too!

Loving the support thanks guys! I am actually starting to eye the glass slipper challenge!!

Just scheduled a block out of my day this coming Tuesday at noon to sign up for 2015! Will let you know how it goes.
Thinking maybe if we really enjoy this year we may try for a coast to coast next year, but will definitely depend on the budget!

Yeah my budget probably won't alloy for a coast to coast for a while. We are in the market for a new home so this one race is barely in the budget!

You guys, I've been sick the past 3 days and haven't been able to run. I'm bummed. Hoping to get back out there tomorrow morning, *fingers crossed*!

Wow, that's great! The merch for that this year was so cute.

Look at Keels going for the Coast to Coast for your first two 13.1's. That's awesome!

Oh ... and it's only gotten worse since I planned those two! Also planning the WDW Full in 2016 and the Glass Slipper Challenge in '16!

well its been COLD and rainy so I couldn't take DS out in it! hopefully tomorrow I will be out there again!

Got out today 13:35 pace for 2.5 miles run/walk intervals think I can do better but my right shin really is killing me any tips???

Ugh. I'm still sick. I'm really hoping tomorrow morning is the morning I can get back to it.

You guys are awesome...I am not really planning on W&D 2016 as we are already doing WDW Marathon Weekend 2016 (my first full :scared:) but I just cant resist these boards lol, Its so nice to see everyone supporting each other in their training, I like that im not the only one that hates the treadmill though I'm thankful its in my living room when I need it which has been a lot lately with the crazy weather here in Georgia. Congrats to everyone on taking on these races and good luck to all of you

Make sure you stretch! And also look into getting a Stick or a foam roller to help work out everything after a run.

I'm also a big believer in K-Tape. I know some people like it and some don't - but even if it's just a "placebo effect", it's helped me! I use it on my ankle, calf and shin from time to time!

You guys are awesome...I am not really planning on W&D 2016 as we are already doing WDW Marathon Weekend 2016 (my first full :scared:) but I just cant resist these boards lol, Its so nice to see everyone supporting each other in their training, I like that im not the only one that hates the treadmill though I'm thankful its in my living room when I need it which has been a lot lately with the crazy weather here in Georgia. Congrats to everyone on taking on these races and good luck to all of you
Anyone is welcome on this thread!!! So please come back motivation and support is the object of this thread!!!
Make sure you stretch! And also look into getting a Stick or a foam roller to help work out everything after a run.

I'm also a big believer in K-Tape. I know some people like it and some don't - but even if it's just a "placebo effect", it's helped me! I use it on my ankle, calf and shin from time to time!

My shin is still driving me crazy I am headed out for K tape today!

I have to say I know for some of the advanced runners this might sound silly but I am so proud of myself today I ran an interval that was 3run/2walk 5run/3walk 5run/3walk and a 3run/2walk and I ran all the way through!!! Now for me a month ago it was hard to run for 2 min straight! So I am very proud of my run today!! Oh yeah with a pace of 13:45!

If you are having shin pain, you are doing too much too soon. Ease back. No rush here. Steady progress will get you there healthy.

Anyone is welcome on this thread!!! So please come back motivation and support is the object of this thread!!!

My shin is still driving me crazy I am headed out for K tape today!

I have to say I know for some of the advanced runners this might sound silly but I am so proud of myself today I ran an interval that was 3run/2walk 5run/3walk 5run/3walk and a 3run/2walk and I ran all the way through!!! Now for me a month ago it was hard to run for 2 min straight! So I am very proud of my run today!! Oh yeah with a pace of 13:45!

Good for you! Just be sure you're listening to your body - that's REALLY important in the early days! I didn't want to hold back at first - I wanted to go as fast as I could for as long as I could! - but I'm happy I did. One injury can REALLY derail serious training, and your shins and knees are generally the first places to get upset if you're pushing it too much at the start.

I have always had shin splint issues. Even when I was Running regularly back in high school it was always a problem

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter