Any 2014 rumors...MVMCP and DHS lights?

txsoccermom

DIS Veteran
Am planning trip to WDW with short cruise Dec 18-24, 2014. Would love to know if Osborne lights will still be an option and when MVMCP dates are posted, any changes, etc

TIA!

100% yes to Osborne lights! Every one of those nights at DHS. this year the last MVMCP is Dec 20.
100% yes that Osbourne lights will be back next year? Or that you like them and they are a great thing to go see? Just wondering because it was rumored that this was possibly their last year at DHS. I'm really hoping that that rumor has been put to rest and that the lights will be back next year as usual! Love the Osbourne lights very much and it would be crushing!!

100% yes that Osbourne lights will be back next year? Or that you like them and they are a great thing to go see? Just wondering because it was rumored that this was possibly their last year at DHS. I'm really hoping that that rumor has been put to rest and that the lights will be back next year as usual! Love the Osbourne lights very much and it would be crushing!!

The rumor exists and has not been address, one way or the other.

If I were to bet, I'd say the O-Lights will be back in 2014.

The rumor exists and has not been address, one way or the other. If I were to bet, I'd say the O-Lights will be back in 2014.
I read that the lights were renewed for next year whether they stay in the same place or are moved is yet to be found out.

MVMCP dates should be pretty easy to predict. The parties are typically on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and since the last one this year is on the 20th, I would guess that next year's will be on the 19th, which means you'll probably only have 2 parties to choose from.

They recently replaced all the Osborne lights to be LED, so I can't imagine they would go to that expense only to cut it next year. Plus, it has a ridiculous draw (we were in a slow moving line straight to the lights and all the way through that started nearly at the entrance gates last week Friday around 7 pm), so it would be crazy for them to get rid of them at this point.

Also after MVMCP finishes the parade in MK and the fireworks daily become the same as the party, so although that isnt everything it is a big part of the parties

and

They recently replaced all the Osborne lights to be LED, so I can't imagine they would go to that expense only to cut it next year. Plus, it has a ridiculous draw (we were in a slow moving line straight to the lights and all the way through that started nearly at the entrance gates last week Friday around 7 pm), so it would be crazy for them to get rid of them at this point.
I know that might seem like a lot to do but LEDs are actually saving them money and they could possibly move the lights to another location that is a possibility. When the lights are "dancing" to the music that also saves money due to the lights not being on constantly. I know these things because I myself do a holiday light show. My show only have 10,000+ lights but LED and the blinking saves on the electric bill.

MVMCP dates should be pretty easy to predict. The parties are typically on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and since the last one this year is on the 20th, I would guess that next year's will be on the 19th, which means you'll probably only have 2 parties to choose from.

I am hoping for this scenario ;) Would love to go on Thurs, Dec 18, and then hit DHS and other parks Dec 22/23, after our cruise. Can't wait!!!!

Rumor of Osbourne Lights disappearing directly related to new development taking that space. With all development on hold, they should be safe at least another year, possibly long after. American Idol Experience, which was also on the chopping block, is staying for the same reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter