• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any 10-16-04 cruisers yet?

And they say you can sell anything on ebay. What a crock. (My daughter still whines and she's 31).

OKWmeister,
We were thinking of your family enjoying the "world" during the holidays. I heard the crowds were pretty heavy. Hopefully that says something for the economy.

We finalized our cruise, DD Lia decided she wanted to go so she will be going to school in the summer instead of the fall so she can go on both trips (Oct. cruise & grand gathering we have booked for 12 in early December). I had to re-book through MS and they gave us 2 Cat 11, Deck 7 cabins with the member on board offer. At first MS said no, because I had not booked 2 cabins right away but finally got the right person at MS that said Lia had cruised last year so she gave us member discount on both cabins.

FYI - found a 2 room suite at Quality suites in Cocoa Beach with the "Aloha" package for $89 a night for Oct. 15 It includes 2 room suite with 2 men's "Aloha" shirts (Jeff's happy, the brighter the better) from Cocoa Beach Surf shop and breakfast buffet for 4. It is about 2.5 miles past the Radisson at the Port. Checked on Shuttle service which is the drawback as they do not take reservations for the shuttle until you check in. But we figured we can take a taxi to the port if necessary for the difference over the Radisson. Planning the early arrival to the port like last year. I'll race you for first place in the Palo reservation line!! Quality Suites is 1 block from the beach and 1 block to Ron Jon Surf Shop. Radisson was $85 for 2 doubles for internet special with a $25.00 cancellation fee. Quality had no cancellation fee if canceled 3 days prior to arrival. I had to call 1-800-4-CHOICE to get this special as it was not available on the internet.

HI to GeneralMax from St. Paul. We are in Apple Valley. We met up with 2 other Minnesota families before we cruised last year together in October. We had a wonderful time. We have a 12 year old, DD Alisa and a DD Lia (21). So maybe we can get more info for our 12 year olds.
Alisa is in 6th grade. This will be our 4th Disney cruise. Alisa loves to snorkel. We moved to Apple Valley from St. Paul and used to live on the East Side. DH Jeff graduated from Harding.

We usually cruise this week due to MEA. So do a few other Minnesotans we found out last year.

Sorry to others on this board that I have not been posting, but life was a bit too hectic. We were in limbo until our older daughter decided how she was going to make her schedule work. We left it up to her to make the right decision for herself. We are delighted she is coming as this will be the first trip since 1996 that is only the 4 of us (no extended family or friends). With the exception of the great disboard members.

Nancy

:) :)

Hi Nancy-:wave2:

My DD Erin will be thrilled to hear about another 12 year old. Erin is in 7th grade. She made the cut off by days. We too are planning around MEA. At this age it gets too hard to pull them out of school. We live in Mendota Heights. Not to far from where you now are. I am not a native but my DH is a Minneapolis boy and these Minnesota boys NEVER leave Minnesota!

Thanks for the advice on the hotels. For the last two cruises we have flown out on Saturday morning but I am starting to think that Friday night is the way to go. We uaully get there well after they have satrted to let peopl on. It has not been much of problem for Palos or the kids program but getting SPA reservations has been the pits. I will as DH and start to look into it.

Ruth

Welcome to the board Ruth!

Julie and the baby are doing fine. They went home Saturday afternoon. I hope to get there soon to see Brooke.

Doug: Glad you were able to get together with Maureen and Frank.

Nothing much going on here. Just trying to finalize travel plans for next month.

Hi Everyone!!

I am going to try and post on this board again. I was so confused about who is and who is not going on this cruise I finally gave up posting.

Can someone give me an update about who is going on the cruise and who is just posting on this board??

There is about 28 people in my family going on this cruise.
Fun Fun Fun!!!

Barb

HI Barb - I think everyone on this thread is going on the cruise except Maureen and Frank (MO64RN) and they haven't posted in a while because her MIL has taken over her life ( I made that up).

Wow Barb, you are very lucky. Twenty-eight family members should be great time. Are you doing the Disney World "Family Gathering " too or the cruise only? I don't think I have 3 family members that I like enough to invite on a cruise with me.

Denise, are you bringing the whole family with you or just the grandson?

So anyway, here is who is going in my family.

Rose (I have been called other names) DH (JOhn, a very patient man) DS1 (the challenging child) DS 2 (Perfect, takes after his mom).

That's all for now. Hope everyone is well.

Hi Mickey02 :wave2:

Welcome back!

I just started posting again on this board and we ARE going on this cruise. We have 4 in our family going, DH Jeff, DD Lia (21) and DD Alisa (12). We were in limbo for a little while but have finalized our plans. So far from Minnesota I know of 3 other families going because of this wonderful board.

Denine started this board and has been kept it going with several other devoted cruisers- THANK YOU!!! Denine, has anyone volunteered to be the keeper of the list??? I am not very computer literate so I doubt I would be much help. But would be willing to help out if needed.

General Max (Ruth)

We flew in on Friday last October during the day and OKWmeister flew in the evening. It did work out good for us and we were at the terminal early about 10:30 - 11:00, started boarding around 12:00 am and checked out our cabins, all reservations made at the spa and Palo's and were in line for afternoon buffet by about 1:30-2:00 pm. It started our vacation early and we knew we would either wait in line in the morning at the port ( we were in line with OKWmeister, Matty204 & their families) or we wait in line in the afternoon wishing we were on the ship already. So it did work out well for us as we didn't have to worry about plane delays.

All is quiet in Minnesota, sun is shining and no snow. But we need some snow, no cold, just snow.

Hi to All the cruisers!! :boat:

Nancy

Thank you for the updates!!

Here who is going with us:

Me Barb, Husband Bob
daughters Missy(22), Jaymee(19)Tiffany(16)
maybe son Jason(24) and Missy's boyfriend Mike who is in Iraq right now but scheduled to come home in February!!! Yeahhhhhh

My Sister Patty and her family. Sister Linda and her daughter Cris
Mom and Dad.

Are you making plans to get together on the cruise?? Can we come too?? We are a part of the Oct 2002 cruise family with Denine. It has been wonderful staying in contact with our cruise family still.

Barb

Okay, here's who's going.....Me (Denise), my husband Joe, my daughter Jill, her husband AJ and sons Alec (11) and Andrew (13 months at the time of the cruise). They were suppose to go with us last year on the October 11th cruise but Jill and AJ went to a christmas party and met up with "Captain Morgan" and well, the rest is history and Andrew was born on September 24. We took Alec with us along with his favorite cousin and they had a ball. Our youngest son Ted and his wife (Mary) and my granddaughter Makayla (3) might be going (and if not we will probably take Makayla). My girlfriend Jule (we have been friends for 43 years... ever since we were 8...you can do the math!) and her husband Bob are going (you'll love them, they are the nicest people and, I swear, Jule could make friends with a rock! She'll talk to anyone.
Her three grown kids and their spouses are going with their children (one will be a year old on February 28 and the other one is making her grand debut some time this month.) The rest are family and friends of Jule and Bob and I would have to guess that there are about 30 to 35 of us. I can't wait!

Tevagirl,

What a group you have. Sounds like you will have a great time.
And nothing could be better than letting Disney do the work for all of you!

MickeyO2, great group also.

We only have 4. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversay on this cruise. Our anniversary is on Oct. 12th
but we will spread it out a few days. Last year we celebrated our anniversary in Key West on the Western cruise.

Got to get back to work.

Nancy

Good Morning!!

Looking forward to meeting all of you in October!!

I called our DVC rep last night to get information on buying
more points. I LOVE DVC and am so glad we bought into it last year. I know Denine and Julie both are members is anyone else??

Barb

Update: Jule and Bob's new grandbaby, Alexia Jordyn, was born at 4:30 this morning weighing in at 7lb 14oz. Brooke will even have a playmate!

By the way, Nancy, I can't think of a better place to celebrate a 25th anniversary than being pampered on a cruise!

Barb,

We are DVC members since 1997. We have never regretted it once. But we weren't as smart at OKWmeister as they joined early on. We always regret we didn't join earlier but you can't go back. We just love lookin forward and all the fun we will have.

Tevagirl - How many cabins do you have booked for your group?
Are you taking over a certain area of the ship????

Good night for now. Our youngest stayed home from school today with a cough. So my schedule was thrown off by taking care of her.

Nancy

Nancy, I am not sure how many cabins there are total but I am guessing about 11 or 12. I know that alot, if not all of us, are on deck 6. I have 6052 and Jule has 6050, and our kids are across the hall. (And I'm not stupid...I know they did that so we are conveniently in place to babysit!) Anyway, I don't think we have a whole section of the ship to ourselves yet....but it's early!...you never know who else might join us!

Hi all !! I've had a horrid three days at work, and all I can think of is VACATION...where no one can get hold of me unless I check my email...and I just may forget to do that !!! But first I have to ask for the time off !!! I might not do that either. I want to sit on my verandah with some type of umbrella drink, and a book, and with my big problem of the day being how many courses I can eat at dinner. Congrats to everyone with new additions, wedding plans, etc...How many days do we have left anyway ? I was going to go super cheap on Oct. 15 rooms, last year only paid $35, but then read about the Aloha thing...I love getting "free" stuff...of course we're flying from CA, best bet is to stay around the airport. Last year we didn't get to our room till midnight.

I second the desire to leave today. I just got back from two days traveling for work to 250+ e-mails at work. None as much fun as these.

I think I said it above but we are currently 4 - myself, DH (Steve),son Max- 9 and daughter Erin 13. We are trying to convience my mother-in-law and brother-in-law to join us. my mother-in-law has not been of good health lately and I would really like the kids to get to spend some time with her...well think happy thoughts. I am trying to convience her that this is a no work no hassle cruiseline .

I am definately going to come in on Friday this time so we can be at the front of the line. We boarded so late the last two times that I am not sure I even knew there was lunch buffet. March was also a disaster on Spa reservations.

Okay back to work e-mails only 100+ to go.:scared1:

Ruth

Denise, I think our cabin number is 6060. If I hear any partying and find out that you didn't invite me, I am calling the captain. Also, I am going to bring a rock with me and if your friend Jule can get it to talk to her, drinks will be on me!

Wideawake, where in California are you? I live in southern CA about 50 minutes south of Disneyland. Our plane was late getting in last year too. We were supposed to get in at 5pm and didn't get to the hotel until 10 pm. Makes for a very long day.

Looks like there is a lot of social interaction on the board. Everyone talk amongst yourselves. I am here if you need any mediation or wise cracking comments. Yes, even though it is all about ME ME ME, I am here for you!

Please do not take anything I say seriously unless I am asking for money. Thank you.

Rose

Rose, you sound like too much fun...very much like myself (my DH is laughing...by the way, he thought DH stood for divorced husband..we don't need to go there). We are from Elk Grove, a suburb of Sacramento, and don't you just want to kick the East Coast people that don't want a DCL from OUR side...I want cheapo last minute bookings without worrying about airfare, I want special CA rates like the FL rates. From these boards it sounds like a BIG group on the 10/16/04 Eastern...where is the DIS meet ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter