• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anxious about a different resort this trip (ASSP)

Mom2aJessieGirl

DIS Veteran
Typically, we stay at POFQ, WL or FW when we visit WDW. Last night, I booked a quick trip for my DD7 and myself where we will be staying at ASSP for 4 nights at the end of the month. While I am super thrilled we're getting to go, I'm a little frustrated that we're not able to make POFQ fit in our budget.

So... tell me it's all going to be worth it! After all, I'm saving a ton of money for a short trip! I've read that the bus stops there first...at least that's a good thing, right? :thumbsup2

I've got to say we've downgraded a couple of trips and they were not to my liking... Told the wife never again, no matter what Disney offers over the phone...

They offered long ago to stay at the GF when we reserved CR ( our resort for about 5 trips then)...hated the whole premise and layout of GF..

We had a 3 group vacation going and wanted 3 rooms at WL but they were booked and they offered OKW at some ridiculous cheap price... We took it, 2 bedroom villa .... Again hated it, size, location, 3rd floor, infant and no elevator !!

Then our excursion to POFQ, daughters family going and could afford moderate so we stayed too... Though we have visited this resort many times our stay was ok but I still pined for my WL..

We done 47 trips to WDW and 10+ have been repeats to WL... It has it all....no more resort chasing, or trying to save a buck, I'll stay WL or nothing... Sorry but when we travel 1100 miles, I want what I like, can relax at, know the reasons why I'm happy and am willing to pay the price...

When it's just my son and I, we always choose All Stars. I think Disney has done a good job refurbishing the rooms and making them more attractive.

Also, I love the bus situation you mentioned.

I think you'll be more than fine and hope you'll have a fantastic trip.

:)

We love the All Stars. I would not hesitate going back there in a minute- although we would need 2 rooms now. Sports is the ony one we have not tried, but have been to Movies many times, and music once. Actually if you look at our previous trips, we stayed at POFQ and then the next year went back to all stars. They only share buses at slower times, not all the time. Plus, I like the bus lines at the values rather than everyone push to the front when the bus pulls up. You will still have a blast, dont worry.

If you arrive after the 20th you'll miss the Cheerleading and Dance crowds (dollars to doughnuts they'll corral them at ASsports). You can probably expect a bunch of BTGs to be there as well, since Jan. is one of the months that they are there in droves. Hopefully this won't adversely impact your stay (the way it did ours).

If you arrive after the 20th you'll miss the Cheerleading and Dance crowds (dollars to doughnuts they'll corral them at ASsports). You can probably expect a bunch of BTGs to be there as well, since Jan. is one of the months that they are there in droves. Hopefully this won't adversely impact your stay (the way it did ours).

Don't be so sure...we were at CBR first week of Feb for our anniversary trip a couple years ago, and there were several dance teams there, too. It was pretty funny, we saw one specific group a few times at the bus stop and food court, and when we got to the airport to go home, they were there as well! We didn't have any problems with them, though.

On our way home from a stay at the All Star Sports and we really enjoyed it. I've stayed at all the All Star Resorts, Pop Century, POFQ, WL and Beach Club. I wouldn't hesitate to book the All Star Sports again, especially if it was just 2 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter