Antics while dining

Scampi

Earning My Ears
I love the restaurants where the cast members do antics and have a lot of fun with you. I think my funniest experience was having to sing "I'm a little tea pot" in the restaurant at Prime Time Cafe. What is your most fun experience at a Disney Resataurant?

We had a fabulous server, uh I mean cousin, at 50s Prime Time last summer. He was just the right amount of teasing for our family. He christened our youngest DD his favorite & told her she could do whatever she wanted, no rules, including putting her elbows on the table & not eating her veggies. She thought that was pretty awesome. He made our oldest DD (16 at the time) set the table & pre-buss the table when we were done because we all said she was the laziest person in our household. (What teenager isn't lazy?!)

A few years ago our server at Whispering Canyon Cafe was trying to "arrange" a date for our then 12 year old DD & the boy at the next table who was about the same age. When she found out we were from IN & they were from IL, she insisted it was fate! She spent the meal going back & forth between our tables trying to help them make a "love connection". Both of the kids involved were totally cracking up, no one was embarrassed or upset by it. The mom at the other table got a phone call on her cell phone during the meal & the server took the phone & carried on a whole conversation with the person on the other end. She was one of the best servers we've ever had. A great memory!

We had a teriffic experience and server at WCC, too. He really picked on DD10 - who is the teaser in our family, so it was so appropriate. He made her collect menus from all the other tables and return them to the hostess stand. He hollered to her (and DD11) by name from the kitchen. He put straws in her hair (probably 20 of them). He also brought me a huge diet coke and put straws in my hair, gave DH hell because he complained about something, and took our camera to take pictures of the other servers and diners. It was a real blast!!!

"Uncle Dave" at 50's Prime Time spoon fed my mom her green beans, complete with airplane noises a few weeks ago. My kids 8 and 5 thought it was HYSTERICAL to see their grandmother get scolded for not eating her veggies :rotfl:

We absolutely love Whispering Canyon at WL. Food was plentiful and the silly dance and song routines for kids was very enetrtaining!

I've never been to the luau, I'll have to try it next time.

Don't bother. If you have ever been to one then you don't need to do it here. It would be nice if you could go and see the show and not have to touch the food. I am not a picky eater by any means of the imagination. ( I have the waistline to prove it) I have given this dinner show several chances. Hope was that it was a fluke or it had to get better because Icouldn't imagine it getting worse. It did.

At the 50's cafe our server kept teasing our daughter's BF through the whole thing- very funny. At the end of the meal he wanted a clean plate sticker so he tried his hardest to eat all his food but couldn't. So he hide the rest of it under my daughter's leftovers. The waitress noticed it and stabbed a fork in it and raised it up and said- "what's this?". The look on his face was priceless!! Turns out we all got a sticker.

cinderellas wicked step sisters at 1900 park fare dinner...druzella in particular made our meal the most hysterical character dinner i've ever been to.

Our WCC server was WAY over the top. Not my cup of tea but if you like that sort of thing it would be perfect for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter