Antics of the Orange Banded Monkeys: Heartbreaking News June 2017

That chair at BW is super creepy. Worse than the pool. Get to check out both though in 11 days.

Last edited:
Those are some great early morning pictures. Both resorts are just beautiful! That's pretty cool that you were able to go into the empty restaurants and take photos.

I'm rather friendly and strike up conversations with random people while waiting in lines. Sometimes I regret starting a chat with certain individuals, but I think there are many people who are lonely and just want someone to talk to. It sounds like that cm may be one of those people.

Love the pictures. Phone, Point and shoot, your big girl camera or did you steal one of the other monkeys BIG cameras?

I love early morning strolls around the resort. I love how they feel before everyone is up and about :love: Somehow it just sets me up for the day ahead :) Your photos really do convey the peacefulness and beauty of the the resorts. I'd bet that staff member was glad of your company :)

Looks like a very peaceful morning walk around the resorts.

That lady seems like she gets around if multiple people have met her haha.

I'm interested to hear what you thought of the new Italian restaurant at the boardwalk.

It really is quiet at that time of the morning. A great way to enjoy a cup of coffee and to satisfy my compulsion to take pictures (of everything) without disturbing anyone.

I was surprised that we all made the connect that we met and talked to the same woman, all at different times and in different places around the resort.

Review of La Trattoria al forno should be coming up in a couple of days.

:thumbsup2

I am shocked! SHOCKED I tell you, to discover that there were no bodies in various poses on the rugs at this resort, at this early hour of the morning. That scary woman who jumps in front of your camera with the least provocation is slipping... big time!

~NM

Don't worry! Our exhibitionist friend will be appearing in updates soon enough!

:scared1:

Dee - Wow! Your pictures of the YC lobby are terrific.

Glad you were able to spend some time at the bus stop fulfilling your duty for the bus arrival times. And you met a new friend! Lucky you!

Thank you! Makes a big difference in the quality of photos when I can actually stop and hold the camera straight instead of quickly snapping a picture while walking with my family or friends.

I'm actually glad I had the breakfast plans- who knows how long I would have stayed out there tracking the buses if I didn't have a deadline.

It was nice (and surprising) to have some company.

::yes::

I did love Flying Fish. I admit, I preferred the chef's table at FF to the regular menu. But it was still pretty darn good.

Good to know!

:goodvibes:

We met her when she was power washing the quiet pool deck last April. She was very chatty. ;)

That chair at BW is super creepy. Worse than the pool. Get to check out both though in 11 days.

Enjoy your trip!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Those are some great early morning pictures. Both resorts are just beautiful! That's pretty cool that you were able to go into the empty restaurants and take photos.

I'm rather friendly and strike up conversations with random people while waiting in lines. Sometimes I regret starting a chat with certain individuals, but I think there are many people who are lonely and just want someone to talk to. It sounds like that cm may be one of those people.

Thank you!

I love that quiet time of day. I actually took the restaurant pictures from outside the restaurants. In a couple of places, the restaurant/seating are open to the walkway between the Beach Club and Yacht Club. We have been seated at the tables near the walkway and it really isn't bad. Once, while we were dining with Teena at one of these tables, we were visited by another mutual friend who was walking by. @catho72

I can't imagine that woman has many visitors at the bus stop at 6:30 am.

Love the pictures. Phone, Point and shoot, your big girl camera or did you steal one of the other monkeys BIG cameras?

Thanks so much for the kind words. The BC lobby pictures are still a bit yellow, but these are better than the pictures I have taken on previous trips. Most with my point and shoot. A couple of the YC pictures were taken with my phone.

I didn't bring my big girl camera on this trip and I wouldn't dare touch the serious cameras belonging to my monkey friends.

I love early morning strolls around the resort. I love how they feel before everyone is up and about :love: Somehow it just sets me up for the day ahead :) Your photos really do convey the peacefulness and beauty of the resorts. I'd bet that staff member was glad of your company :)

Definitely a different vibe in the morning than later in the day when the lobby is full of families.

A few more people did arrive at the bus stop while I was there and she interacted with them, too. It wasn't like I could blow her off by saying "Ahem, I'm working here" because she was too!

;)

I enjoy those times I'm awake really early, before the rest of the world rises. It's rare, and mostly occurs when I am completely jet-lagged (like in Hawaii!). I love seeing the resort empty, like you're the only soul there.
Funny how multiple people met the same person! She must have left quite an impression.

Looking forward to breakfast!

How about a good rooster story??!!

OK, that one WAS oversharing!!!

:lmao:

I enjoy those times I'm awake really early, before the rest of the world rises. It's rare, and mostly occurs when I am completely jet-lagged (like in Hawaii!). I love seeing the resort empty, like you're the only soul there.
Funny how multiple people met the same person! She must have left quite an impression.

Looking forward to breakfast!

It really is a great time to walk around a resort. I won't do it every place I am on vacation, but there are enough people (usually Cast Members) around at Disney resorts in the early morning hours for me to be comfortable.

The main reason we knew it was the same CM is that we all made note of her name- it is not a common one. She must work frequently and part of what she shared with guests is her pride in her work.

It really is a great time to walk around a resort. I won't do it every place I am on vacation, but there are enough people (usually Cast Members) around at Disney resorts in the early morning hours for me to be comfortable.

I used to sneak out in the mornings before the family got up so I could run along the Boardwalk and path to HS. It had always been one of my favorite parts of the trip. There used to be complimentary coffee in the lobby if you got there before 6:30am. I'd always try to finish my run in time to grab a cup of free coffee. ;)

I used to sneak out in the mornings before the family got up so I could run along the Boardwalk and path to HS. It had always been one of my favorite parts of the trip. There used to be complimentary coffee in the lobby if you got there before 6:30am. I'd always try to finish my run in time to grab a cup of free coffee. ;)

I remember the free coffee. It was close to where bell services is now located in the BC lobby. They have now enclosed the wall where it was located. I also loved that after my early morning resort walk.

Last edited:
I always enjoy early morning pics, everything all quiet and empty. Most likely they are my favorite because I am never out and about that early LOL. Not that I am not awake, however I am not the least bit presentable...and my family is still snoring away. Oh that BWI chair.....eek. I will be avoiding it like crazy in December :)

Dee - love your early morning pictures! I am often up early prowling around the resort whe my teenagers snooze!

I have a funny story similar to your "drinking" story. Many, many years ago I smoked cigarettes. One night my older son (who was in second grade) was telling us about one of their "Just say no" programs. He then tells me that he raised his hand and told them that I smoked "pot" all the time. I almost had a heart attack! Luckily, like you, I was at the school all the time volunteering. I saw his teacher the next morning and she assured me they knew he was mistaken. KIDS!!!

I'm enjoying your TR so far... Looking forward to more antics! Keep up the good work! :)

Free coffee!?! I would be up for that! I start my walk with coffee from either the room or the lounge, but I can always use a top-off. I have never seen free coffee out, but I suspect that I probably end up returning to my room before it is set out.

:goodvibes:

I remember the free coffee. It was close to where bell services is now located in the BC lobby. They have now enclosed the wall where it was located. I also loved that after my early morning resort walk.

Wonder when that stopped. I don't think I ever had info about that posted on the FAQ thread.

Dee - love your early morning pictures! I am often up early prowling around the resort whe my teenagers snooze!

I have a funny story similar to your "drinking" story. Many, many years ago I smoked cigarettes. One night my older son (who was in second grade) was telling us about one of their "Just say no" programs. He then tells me that he raised his hand and told them that I smoked "pot" all the time. I almost had a heart attack! Luckily, like you, I was at the school all the time volunteering. I saw his teacher the next morning and she assured me they knew he was mistaken. KIDS!!!

Thank you! I love the early morning strolls.

Love your "outing" story. Kids! :sad2:

I'm enjoying your TR so far... Looking forward to more antics! Keep up the good work! :)

Thank you so much!!! and :welcome:

:cool1:

Don't Feed the Monkeys (Trattoria al Forno)

We had breakfast reservations at a new Disney restaurant, Trattoria al forno, at the Boardwalk where Kouzzina (and Spoodles) had been.

Our room was in in the wing in between the Marketplace and the Secret (shhhhh) Door, so we went through the door to go outside. Man, I really wish there was a way to know that this was the secret door…

DSCF9081.jpg

We would be meeting another of our monkey friends for breakfast- Magilla Gorilla- aka Disneymomx7- aka Robyn.

DSCF9083.jpg

Breakfast%20Bunch.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pictures of the restaurant as I walked towards our table:

DSCF9085.jpg

DSCF9086.jpg

DSCF9087.jpg

DSCF9089.jpg

DSCF9088.jpg

Here is a listing of the offerings on the breakfast menu:

Choice of Two Eggs - served with Breakfast Potatoes and choice of Bacon or Chicken Sausage $12.49

Vanilla-Blueberry Steel-cut Oatmeal - with Maple Syrup $6.99

Frittata - with Roasted Red Peppers, Prosciutto, Onions, Potatoes, and Pecorino Romano Cheese topped with Arugula $13.49

Scrambled Eggs - with Tomato, Basil, and fresh Mozzarella served with Breakfast Potatoes and choice of Bacon or Chicken Sausage $12.99

Poached Eggs - Fennel Sausage, Parmesan, and Tomato Gravy served over soft Polenta $12.49

Seasonal fresh Fruit Bowl $8.99

Waffle - with Espresso-Mascarpone Cream and choice of Bacon or Chicken Sausage $12.49

Caramel Apple Crumb Pancakes - with Bacon or Chicken Sausage $11.99

Granola Yogurt Parfait - with Berries $8.99

Cured Italian Meats - with Tomatoes, Hard-boiled Egg, and Cheese with Fonduta $12.99

I had trouble deciding. I actually prefer something savory over sweet for breakfast, but for some reason, neither the poached eggs nor scrambled eggs appealed to me this morning. I went with the Caramel Apple Crumb Pancakes with Fennel Sausage. They were good, but as I suspected, they turned out to be too sweet and heavy for me. I think if I were to choose today, I would go with the Scrambled Eggs.

DSCF9090.jpg

Two of our monkeys opted for Mickey Waffles- and one of the monkeys was thrilled that these could be prepared gluten-free. Not sure which is which, though:

DSCF9091.jpg

DSCF9094.jpg

Two monkeys got the Eggs.

DSCF9092.jpg

DSCF9093.jpg

The restaurant was excellent about making substitutions.

Most of our monkeys had Tables in Wonderland for a discount on breakfast. I do not, but this happens to be one of the restaurants (like Captain’s Grille at the YC) that offers a 10% discount at breakfast and lunch for Disney Visa Card holders. So I got a whopping $1.48 off of my $15 check.

:woohoo:

After finishing breakfast, it was time for a couple of glamour shots.

WP_20150830_009.jpg

Spotlighting my custom string bag (made by Mickeystoontown) gazing towards the elegant Yacht Club.

DSCF9095.jpg

Buzzy wanted in on the act:

Buzzy1.jpg

Buzzy2.jpg

Sadly, we had to say goodbye to Robyn who was leaving us to join her family in EPCOT, but we would be seeing her later that afternoon

Sufficiently carbo-loaded, we returned to our room (or tried to) to prepare for the first practice session of the Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube Team.

There were not many antics in this update, but that will change very soon.

Next up: What is your “proper” name?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter