• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anti-Gay-Marriage Clerk Kim Davis Returns to Work TODAY!

I read in an article that it's very much a part-time job (some years they meet only 30 days a year), doesn't pay well, and most of the members have regular day jobs.

California has the highest assembly pay at under $100,000 a year. It used to be over $115,000 but was reduced by a citizens' commission. They also get a per diem payment for every day the assembly is in session.

That isn't what she did. She should lose her job because she isn't doing her job and is denying people rights. That is what I have a fundamental problem with. I personally can't imagine hating someone so much that I would be wiling to deny someones rights, defy a court order, go to jail, etc for it but it is those are the actions she has taken that landed her in this mess.

Apparently the clerk who has been issuing the licenses after they restarted issuing them is questioning if they're legal after Davis ordered certain changes be made to the entries. Each of the deputies was apparently assigned an attorney to return a report to the judge on how it's going. The deputy who has been issuing the licenses complained that she made alterations to the form that removed references to the county clerk's office and apparently forced him to only initial and notarize them (in his capacity as a notary public).

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/19/u...lterations-to-kentucky-marriage-licenses.html
http://www.sltrib.com/home/2966333-155/attorney-kentucky-clerk-interfered-with-judges

Sounds like she's going to be before the judge again.

I really wasn't talking about everyone who is discussing the issue. I meant the few who are enjoying putting the woman down.

Saying she is wrong, in your opinion, isn't the same thing as putting her down.

I respect how you feel about those who believe that way. Your second group is not exactly what is taught to Christians. We are taught to spread the word and to witness to others. Its part of what God wants us to do. It really just isn't about me or you or any individual person. Now it should be done in a way that doesn't show judgement but it is what we are supposed to do.

Stop speaking for Christians! Seriously, please stop!!! You can only speak for yourself, and perhaps your particular sect, but given how many times you scold others for pointing out her hypocrisy on the grounds that they do not understand her faith (despite the fact that the comments are being drawn from the published tenets of her particular sect) I do not understand how you can state the beliefs of "Christians" as a monolith immediately thereafter. You clearly do not understand my particular Christian beliefs, and my sect has been around for a very long time.

Do you all really think that putting this woman down and making fun of her is so different than what she herself is doing. If she has shown hate to gays, what are you doing but showing hate for someone that doesn't agree with your beliefs?

I hate the sin, not the sinner. In this case, I hate that she is sinning in her actions and in her hypocrisy and in how she is shunning Christ's teachings, but I do not hate her. I pity her and how she is being manipulated by the modern day equivalent of money changers in the temple. If you think pitying her is analogous to making fun of her or hating her, then you need to study the difference between the three as they are not the same.

Stop speaking for Christians! Seriously, please stop!!! You can only speak for yourself, and perhaps your particular sect, but given how many times you scold others for pointing out her hypocrisy on the grounds that they do not understand her faith (despite the fact that the comments are being drawn from the published tenets of her particular sect) I do not understand how you can state the beliefs of "Christians" as a monolith immediately thereafter. You clearly do not understand my particular Christian beliefs, and my sect has been around for a very long time.

I hate the sin, not the sinner. In this case, I hate that she is sinning in her actions and in her hypocrisy and in how she is shunning Christ's teachings, but I do not hate her. I pity her and how she is being manipulated by the modern day equivalent of money changers in the temple. If you think pitying her is analogous to making fun of her or hating her, then you need to study the difference between the three as they are not the same.

I just have to say thank you for this. A simple "like" is not enough.

I just have to say thank you for this. A simple "like" is not enough.

Agreed! LuvsJack continually asks posters to refrain from making assumptions about Davis' version of faith, all while generalizing Christianity! Unless she is an expert in every Christian denomination, she needs to stop attempting to speak for us all.

Apparently the clerk who has been issuing the licenses after they restarted issuing them is questioning if they're legal after Davis ordered certain changes be made to the entries. .......
Sounds like she's going to be before the judge again.

She - and especially her attorneys - want this to stay in the news. Things have gone quite well in her office i.e. quietly and that doesn't help her "cause" or keep her attorneys in the limelight. Hard to make a name for your law firm or get more clients if this goes away.

It's a shame that she is continuing this "fight". She initially made her point, found a few who agreed with her, and got off the hook for personally having to sign a legal document that causes her to be at odds with her faith. Call it a win and move on - unless you're out for more than living your life according to your faith

She - and especially her attorneys - want this to stay in the news. Things have gone quite well in her office i.e. quietly and that doesn't help her "cause" or keep her attorneys in the limelight. Hard to make a name for your law firm or get more clients if this goes away.

It's a shame that she is continuing this "fight". She initially made her point, found a few who agreed with her, and got off the hook for personally having to sign a legal document that causes her to be at odds with her faith. Call it a win and move on - unless you're out for more than living your life according to your faith

She has 80,000 things that are more important to her than her faith.

I totally agree with the above posts.

LuvsJack, I am truly sorry if you feel so defensive.
I am sorry if you feel as if your beliefs are under attack.

But SERIOUSLY...
As somebody who is closer to conservative christian than not, QUIT TRYING TO USE THIS BOARD IN A WAY THAT IS SERIOUSLY CROSSING THE LINE INTO 'RELIGIOUS POSTING'. And also, I agree, Quit speaking for, and attempting to 'defend', christians, because, you are def. not speaking for me or for many others.

This is EXACTLY what is so wrong about what this woman in KY is doing.
She is using a very very inappropriate and illegal forum, her public office, to try to preach, defend, force, and speak for her PERSONAL beliefs.

It doesn't matter to me WHAT her beliefs are.
She could be a satanist, or whatever....
She is free to do and to practice, her so-called beliefs in her own way, on her own time.

But, for the purpose of this thread here, I will say that it DOES matter that you are professing to speak for christian's and for christian beliefs.
Because you do not seem to be speaking for this religion, or it's basic beliefs and doctrines and commandments, as I know them

I found a fairly detailed photo of what the issue is with her modification.

https://twitter.com/dominicholden/status/643448966349201408/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

CO39aerXAAAHJC_.jpg:large

So she literally used a typewriter to X out where it says "In the Office Of" and "County Clerk", then typed in "BRIAN MASON" and "Notary Public". She also placed a place where Mason could write down when his commission as a Notary Public expires, but it looks like he left that blank in this license.

I'm not sure what the purpose of all this would be. My understanding is that Mason was inserting his name where Davis's name would normally go, and that's legal under Kentucky law. None of these changes seem to make any sense since all her concerns were addressed when they were issuing them while she was detained.

She has very clearly violated the judges instructions that she not interfere with the duties of the office that were being properly carried out by her deputy while she was in jail. I hope the judge puts her back, for a long time. Maybe until the legislature reconvenes and removes her from office.

I have been wondering why she is not back in front of the Judge????
Any idea on how she has gotten away with this.

A Notary Public can not issue/authorize marriage licenses.

Wow.
Why isn't she back in jail this week???

I have been wondering why she is not back in front of the Judge????
Any idea on how she has gotten away with this.

A Notary Public can not issue/authorize marriage licenses.

Wow.
Why isn't she back in jail this week???

In several states a notary public can officiate a wedding. However, issuing a marriage license is always a government duty, whether it's city/county/state.

Have no idea. I'm not even sure what her beef was with the way that Mason was filling out the form. It's kind of tough to make out, but her name wasn't anywhere on the form. He filled out "ROWAN COUNTY" where the clerk's name would normally be, so Davis never had her name on any of these licenses. That was apparently the thing she wanted to avoid, so I'm not sure why she insisted on further changes. I'm pretty sure that X'ing out several parts of the form and adding to it runs into the possibility that it's not legal. The previous attempts to change the filled out entries would seem to be in good faith and thus legal.

gettyimages-486482648.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter