Anti-Catholic Slur on February Dis-Unplugged

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by Cheltenham, Mar 17, 2013.

1. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

I don't usually wade into threads that are this contentious, but feel I must speak my 2 cents. I have been listening to the Team almost since the beginning.

First - I live in Oklahoma. I am blonde. Do you know how many "zings" have been made about both? I laugh; they tease because they love. :rolleyes:

And lastly - Just don't listen if you don't like their comments. There are plenty of other podcasts out there.

I don't think they are perfect. I have not drank the kool-aid. They are not family members. And I still love the podcast.

Can't we all just get along. :flower3:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. k5jmh

k5jmh When Yuba plays the Rumba on his Tuba...

I guess he would be the one who has standing.

...in other news:

Anyone seen Book of Mormon? :rotfl2:

4. BriarRosie

BriarRosie <font color=blue>Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:<br>Cl

I subscribe to the Mel Brooks School of Satire. Go overboard in offensiveness to the point that it becomes hilarious. He's brilliant at that.

5. ShesAPirate

ShesAPirate DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

6. EastYorkDisneyFan

EastYorkDisneyFan DIS Veteran

A master of comedy. who else could write Spring time for Hitler and have someone sing "don't be stupid, be a smarty com on and join the Nazi party"

7. k5jmh

8. lttlmc3

lttlmc3 <font color=darkorchid>You can ship it. I'll still

9. jeanigor

jeanigor DIS Veteran

I had a dream. There was a frog and some Ewoks. Trés bizzare. When I woke up, I had a donut with maple glaze and an ill placed infestation of maggots.

10. k5jmh

...and you know, my favorite place is Or-lan-do...Home of Sea-World and Disney and Putt--putt Golfing...

11. EPCOTatNight

EPCOTatNight I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original D

Since when has the podcast not been geared to families? The crew knows that kids listen. They've even suggested fast forwarding through a certain part to not "spoil the magic" or if a sensitive news topic comes up.

12. k5jmh

13. disneysteve

disneysteve You have to enjoy life, not go

I love the podcast - listen to every episode - but I have to agree that it is not particularly family friendly. There is far too much adult humor, sexual innuendo, and other comments that while I personally find extremely funny and entertaining, is not something that many parents would want their children to be hearing. I'd say it is PG-13 at best and sometimes bordering on R. In no way am I complaining. Again, I love it and wouldn't want them to change a thing, but if my daughter was younger, I don't think I'd have her listening to it.

14. Joshua_me

Joshua_me Today's Sustainable Fish

I'm gracefully tiptoeing out of this thread, with all the goose-stepping, lily-livered grace that I can summon. What, with Franco's wooden as Pinocchio performance in Oz combined with the "been there, done that" of all the yawn-inducing CGI, which only goes to reveal the somewhat surprising revelation the Wicked Witch of the West has an eating disorder, (perhaps if they had dropped a house on HER she could have just shimmed-ed up the drain pipe and worked her way through the hand-held Shower Massage cord back to freedom. :tilt:

But as always, I digress...

The happiest of Wednesdays, everyone ! :goodvibes

:tiptoe:

15. Joshua_me

Joshua_me Today's Sustainable Fish

"I'll get you my pretty ! And your frozen, ready to heat sensible microwave entrees as well !!"

"Grilled chicken and poppies.... Yes, that's it....poppies...."

pixiedust:

16. dalt01

dalt01 DIS Veteran

i have GOT to get back on the boards.............i am missing all the fun.

17. Tekneek

Tekneek Mouseketeer

The truth is that the offender has no control over whether or not you are offended. Only you can grant them permission to offend you by then being offended. I choose to not let others offend me, because ultimately all I can control is myself (not others). If I didn't like what I heard on a podcast, I would simply choose not to listen.

18. UConnFan

UConnFan Mouseketeer

I just listened to the episode again and I have to say, I'm surprised this is the issue they are getting flack for. This episode is rich with controversial topics. This is to say, if you are a regular listener, you know what to expect. As a regular listener, I know that I may not always agree with what the team says. I also know these are some of the kindest, most welcoming, hardest working, and compassionate people I *know*. The team has worked hard to create a welcoming environment where everyone is safe.

19. SamSam

SamSam http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Well said!

20. lodgelady

lodgelady DIS Veteran

This is exactly how I feel!! Well said two-foxes. :thumbsup2

21. timallen

timallen Mouseketeer

All the guys on the podcast are the salt of the earth and are probably the most christian people out there with there charity work and very giving attitude. I for one will be humbled if i ever meet them offended by any of them never :) thanks podcast guys and keep up the great work.