Antenna TV reception

Goofy4President

Luv the Mouse!
Just wondering how good TV reception is with a regular camper antenna in a site without cable. Not that we'll watch alot of TV while at the Fort, but it would be nice to get local weather, etc. Anyone with any insight?

you can get quite a few channels, but remember that digital is in place come feb 09 so you will have to get a converter if you need one...

As Jen said, it works fairly well with some fading in/out as expected. We use our bat-wing antenna on the TT and were able to receive all the local channels. For those not local they are:

2 - Local NBC Affiliate
6 - Local CBS Affiliate
9 - Local ABC Affiliate
15 - Daytona Beach
18 - WB 18
24 - PBS
27 - WRDQ
35 - Local FOX Affiliate

There are some other stations, but these are likely the ones you'll use most.

Go ahead and get that digital converter. I get GREAT TV reception on the crappy antenna in my camper with the converter.

Or just get a new TV with the digital tuner. We used this as an excuse to get a new widescreen LCD for the house and a TV for the TT.:happytv:

Or just get a new TV with the digital tuner. We used this as an excuse to get a new widescreen LCD for the house and a TV for the TT.:happytv:

DITTO/ now I have to figure out what to do with 4 old TV's.

We get great reception on our TV watching DVD's :rotfl2: no fuzzy picture or bad sound.:rotfl:

Actually, I agree!! Although I rarely even watch DVDs. I actually plug in my XM radio and listen to that the most while camping. I can get the weather on internet or by calling the local weather phone #.

However, what I do like about the digital is that (so far) most towns have at least one digital station that is a 24 hour local weather station, so it only takes me a minute or 2 to see what the weather is going to be.

The bad thing about the digital is that there is no fringe area you either have a good digital signal or you have lockup. So much for the campgrounds where you had a snowy picture but it was still good enough to watch while it was raining.

Big benefit to having a new digital tuner is that you'll get the NBC weather channel, it broadcasts as a sub-station to the Orlanda NBC affiliate (same here in Buffalo if you ever come up).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter