Antenna Toppers

Captain_Hook

Mouseketeer
Wasn't sure where to post this question...

I've been absolutley aching to get some antenna toppers (I finally have a car with an antenna) and I don't want to wait (unless I HAVE to) until October when we go back to WDW.

Can anyone tell me approximately how much I can expect to spend on one? A range, even? I've seen some online and I don't want to pay an exorbitant amount on the topper and then shipping also. I'd rather just wait!

Thanks for any help!
Jen

I brought two in disney and they cost 11 bucks and stich lost an ear on the way home :rolleyes1

So, I guess they were about 5.00 + tax

Thanks for all the quick replies.

I had a feeling the online "people" were charging too much -- sounds like they are almost doubling the price. Why should I pay that much AND shipping -- I can always call Disney and have them send one to me.

I've checked the Disney Store by me -- I didn't see any. I will keep checking, though.

Thanks again!

Jen,
PM me your address. Last time we were at WDW we purchased several Happiest Celebration on Earth keychains for $.47 which just happen to be antenna toppers that they attached a key ring to. We simply pulled out the keyring thingy and have an antenna topper. I have one extra that I'd be glad to send to you.

Oh, and I was just like you. We've never had a car with an antenna and when we got our van that was the first thing I thought of. :)
Tina

I got mine at the Disney Store for .99 cents :woohoo: It is just a plain mickey head, but we love it. Try there.

That's exactly where I got mine and about what I paid too! Keep checking the clearance bins there... never know what you'll find! :)

I just bought in Downtown disney for 4.95 each.

I got mine at the Disney Store for .99 cents :woohoo: It is just a plain mickey head, but we love it. Try there.

Yep, I got mine there too last fall! It was on clearance for .99 but with an extra 50% off! I wish I bought more than one.:upsidedow

I had one of the Year of a Million Dreams toppers and it's ear fell off.:sad1:

I always check the ears to make sure they are secure. If not, I pull out the glue gun and re-enforce them.

Our Disney store hasn't had them in awhile, spoke to someone there and was told they weren't going to have them anymore, (that was when it was owned by the Children's Place), hope its not true and that Disney brings them back now that they own the stores.

Jen,
PM me your address. Last time we were at WDW we purchased several Happiest Celebration on Earth keychains for $.47 which just happen to be antenna toppers that they attached a key ring to. We simply pulled out the keyring thingy and have an antenna topper. I have one extra that I'd be glad to send to you.

Oh, and I was just like you. We've never had a car with an antenna and when we got our van that was the first thing I thought of. :)
Tina
Aww, you are so nice!! I love the DIS boards!!

OP, I'm jealous!!! My new car does not have an antenna so my Tink had to go into the glove compartment.

[
OP, I'm jealous!!! My new car does not have an antenna so my Tink had to go into the glove compartment.

I had already decided to buy my car (minivan) and when I was looking at it "just one more time," I saw the antenna!!! That sealed the deal for me! :woohoo:

I've heard that some people wedge the topper between the dash and the windshield and display them that way -- maybe that is an option for you?

I always thought Disney should sell a magnetic antenna for those of us without!

I don't have an antenna so I bought one of the silver mickey ears stickers to go on the back of my van. I love it!

[

I had already decided to buy my car (minivan) and when I was looking at it "just one more time," I saw the antenna!!! That sealed the deal for me! :woohoo:

I've heard that some people wedge the topper between the dash and the windshield and display them that way -- maybe that is an option for you?

I always thought Disney should sell a magnetic antenna for those of us without!
Yeah, that could be an option. My new car is red and I so want to put the sorcerer mickey on it because it matches or a minnie but I guess it's not meant to be!

I love the antanna toppers. Have many of the holiday ones. My favorite was Mikey from Toy story. Then one day, someone took it. I was so upset because they did not make them anymore. I decided to replace it and kept watching ebay. I finally got another. $10.00 but for me, it was worth it.
They do usually sell for 4.95. It is definitely one of the cheaper Disney things that bring a smile to my face.

I am supposed to trade my Minivan in this year and I just told my DH that we are going to have to buy the van out when the lease is due. He couldn't figure out why (because I have always loved the new Minivans). His jaw dropped to the ground when I told him it was because the new model did not have an antenna!!:lmao:

there about $5.00 in the parks our walmart here sells tigger , pooh and mickey ones . But then again I am in florida. the last time I had a disney topper someone stole it off my Suv :( sooo hubby let me get an adorable one thats a snowman with mickey ears but forbade me to put it on the SUV ( because I cried when it got stolen ) soo i made it into a magnet and he is on my fridge and now i can enjoy him and no one can touch him either so NAHH!! at DW they also sell a box of them for the diffrent holidays for around $20 :)

My new car doesn't have an antenna either, so I use these http://http://www.laughingplacestore.com/Product-8055.asp. I put them inside my back window, where they aren't exposed to the elements and are less likely to go "missing". I've found that the sticky adhesive pad on the bottom doesn't stay stuck for very long, so I use velcro circles with self adhesive backs (they make them in the same size as the stand). The velcro also makes it easier to change the toppers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter