Ant-Man is Big!

Yellowstonetim

DIS Veteran
Marvel, a wonderful Disney acquisition, rolls along making hit after hit. I'm going tonight to see Ant-Man, a scaled down version of a Superhero movie that pokes a little fun at superhero movies, or so I am told.

The movie will make more than $60 Million this weekend because of the lovable Paul Rudd and because it is a Marvel movie. 'Nuff said. It is trending well with a 77% (92 out of 120) Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.com.

Don't wait to see it on the small screen. That just wouldn't work.

Go Marvel! Go Disney!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/antman/

"Critics Consensus: Led by a charming performance from Paul Rudd, Ant-Man offers Marvel thrills on an appropriately smaller scale..."

This was probably the funniest Marvel movie. The special effects to make things appear small (done with a very narrow focus) were fantastic. Paul Rudd is the perfect likeable hero. I thought Michael Douglas was very good as Hank Pym. And Evangeline Lilly is, well, Evangeline Lilly. She rocks as an Elf warrior or as a martial arts fighting daughter of Hank Pym. All did well. Michael Pena was the comic relief and he was hilarious! All in all a great two hours of fun and a wonderful addition to Marvel canon. Marvel has yet to miss. People always worry about production stalls and fired directors. But with a good studio like Marvel, it means good creative control and makes for the best movies. Go see it this weekend!

After all the rumors with switching directors and re-writes, I was prepared for a mess. But Marvel turned out a pretty good film! I don't think it will be as big a surprise as GoTG, but it should do very well at the box office. I usually like Evangeline Lilly, but she didn't really do much for me (maybe it was the hair ?) ... but Paul Rudd (and Pena) really did an amazing job. Sort of a predictable plot, but I think Ant-Man overall was needed to establish the characters in the Marvel universe for future films.

Marvel has yet to miss

I think Iron Man 2 (and maybe 3 ?) and Thor: The Dark World came pretty close to missing. They did well at the box office but for me don't hold up well after re-watching.

Saw it last night with the Mrs.

Excellent movie! It was the perfect combination of action, humor, and a well written script. As a PP stated earlier, I think Rudd is a very likeable hero and fits the roll of Scott Lang/Ant-Man perfectly. And Michael Douglas did a wonderful job as Hank Pym. Well done both Marvel and Disney. You never cease to amaze me

Get ready for the HISTK play are to be rethemed to Ant-Man.

I had the exact same thought watching the movie. It would be so much better than Bug's Life.

I was blown away by the movie. I had higher expectations that most people I think. I thought it might not be the BEST marvel movie, but it would at least make me laugh a bit. I was not prepared for how funny it actually was. Or how cool it was overall. Go see this movie.

I just saw the movie yesterday and it was pretty good. I did not know what to expect since I don't know much about ant-man but was happy with the outcome.. It started off slow but ended well. I will be curious to see how the movie does and if Disney incorporates it into any of the parks.

I am a huge Marvel fan and I must say the movie was way better than I expected it to be. My friends and I highly enjoyed it. Even if you don't know the story or lore behind Ant Man you will still laugh and like the movie.

We saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it too. I had the same thought about the HISTK playground. I really hope we get a cool Antman meet and greet there.

My wife and I both thought the movie was pretty good. It had a much different feel than many of the other movies. Marvel has done a great job expanding the super hero genre.

2nd lowest opening for a Marvel film since The Hulk in 2008 is what i'm hearing. Still need to go and see it myself

I guess I will be the one to go against the crowd on this one. Ant-man was an entertaining and fun movie but was not in the same level (exciting) as the rest of the Marvel movies. I felt Ant-man is not much of a superhero and would not add anything to the Avenger family, he is more of a standalone superhero. Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas did a great job and the rest of the supporting actors. I do look forward to a sequel of Ant-man if there is one but I hope not to see him in any of the Avengers movies.
popcorn::

Call me pleasantly surprised! I really enjoyed it! It's one of my favorite Marvel movies yet, and I'm looking forward to Captain America Civil War. I hope the word of mouth picks up and it goes out with a strong overall run. I think it will.

He's going to be great in all the big group action scenes in the Avengers, he can hold his own.

Maybe they can change the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure to Ant Man.
I've been a supporter of changing the playground to A Bug's Life (with virtually no need to do anything other than change a sign), but I could definitely get on board with an Ant-Man overlay or just an occasional, random appearance with Flik or other bugs that could (and should) be in a meet-and-greet there. Is Ant-Man one of the Marvel characters that is allowed to be used in the Florida parks, or is it off limits? If allowable, I think it would be a pretty cool way to bring Marvel and Pixar together occasionally in a ridiculously appropriate setting when other interactions between those two "worlds" might not be so easy. Would also be a subtle, but clever way to bring Marvel into the Florida parks, perhaps along with the Guardians. I'm fully aware that Uni has a tight grip on the big shots of Marvel, and that grip isn't likely to loosen any time soon (if ever), but I think Disney is crazy not to try to incorporate some sort of Marvel IP into DHS as it also increases the Pixar and Star Wars presence.

I've been a supporter of changing the playground to A Bug's Life (with virtually no need to do anything other than change a sign), but I could definitely get on board with an Ant-Man overlay or just an occasional, random appearance with Flik or other bugs that could (and should) be in a meet-and-greet there. Is Ant-Man one of the Marvel characters that is allowed to be used in the Florida parks, or is it off limits? If allowable, I think it would be a pretty cool way to bring Marvel and Pixar together occasionally in a ridiculously appropriate setting when other interactions between those two "worlds" might not be so easy. Would also be a subtle, but clever way to bring Marvel into the Florida parks, perhaps along with the Guardians. I'm fully aware that Uni has a tight grip on the big shots of Marvel, and that grip isn't likely to loosen any time soon (if ever), but I think Disney is crazy not to try to incorporate some sort of Marvel IP into DHS as it also increases the Pixar and Star Wars presence.
He's a part of the Avengers family, and because of that is off limits.

He's a part of the Avengers family, and because of that is off limits.
Well, poop. Guess I need to study up on my Avengers history (which appears to include almost every Marvel character at some point or another).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter