Another week without 2013 rates

artemis908

EPCOTnaut
Came on the website this morning really hoping for some news on the 2013 rates since the last discounts just expired and their promotional screens have been kind of limited lately (AoA, wild africa trek, memories, and water parks). But nothing new :(. In the past they've always had the new rates start on a Sunday, so here's hoping maybe next Sunday we'll get something!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for something before next month! I am chomping at the bit over here! :bitelip:

We're waiting for Feb 2013 rates and hopefully free dining so we can price it up. The UK one wasn't such a good deal for us!

When did Disney release this years rates last year? I thought the following year rates weren't released until August?

According to Mousesavers, last year the 2012 prices came out on June 10. I'm hoping as well, since my 180 day is July 10 and I don't feel like making a room only ressie and then having to change it to a package and then add, hopefully, free dining.

I get up every Sunday too and immediately look :sad1:
Thankfully my ADRs arent till end of August. I would be going out of my mind if I was planning a Jan trip.
Keeping fingers crossed!!! :wizard:

I get up every Sunday too and immediately look :sad1:
Thankfully my ADRs arent till end of August. I would be going out of my mind if I was planning a Jan trip.
Keeping fingers crossed!!! :wizard:

Unfortunately I am planning a January trip and it's driving me nuts trying to figure out what I'm going to do. It's my niece's birthday trip that we've moved up from what was supposed to be April. Without the rates I don't know if we're doing POP, POR, or Poly..... Come on Disney, you know you want our money.

I thought the reason why they released in June last year was to make up the 180days for Jan people. I hear ya with the prices. I can run the numbers as best as I can on my own to come up with an idea of what my package will be. But I want the def figure from WDW. We are hoping AKL. Figuring, 9nite 10day, PH with reg dining at AKL 1st week of March for 4adults, around $6000 or so. But if they released everything, I could play around. 2013 really isnt that far off... I need thigns secured adn budgeted lol.
With so many people wanting to book for the following year, I dont understand why Disney doesnt release sooner. Making people wait to plan their trip, esp a WDW trip is ridiculous. Your right, just take our $$$$ WDW!!! They know how the ADRs work... I just wonder why they dont want to accomodate their Jan guest for the ADRs.
Good luck with the planning!! :)

I am planning our first Jan trip and more than likely our last, this is ridiculous. I am trying to plan for 2 families and I need to see it all out and have it planned before I try and work on meals for all of us. This not knowing is making it awfully hard!

We just booked for 2013, room only, and got the 2013 rates. I checked the per night rates that the lady gave us against the 2012 rates and they seem to be different (indicating that the 2013 rates - room only) could be out. The lady on the phone said that the room only rates were available.

Yeah but you can't get full packages and they have to cancel the room when you get the package later on

I am waiting on the packages to be released. I know that is what I am going to book so will just wait....and wait.....and wait some more. Come on Disney!

I'm waiting to book February 2013 too! They better hurry up and post them or else... I'll just wait some more. :rolleyes:

Looks like we're down another week without 2013 packages :( Crossing my fingers for next week since it's the last week before it's officially 180 days from Jan 1st. Feeling a little cheated though, why do the people outside the US get rates AND free dining already? Kind of makes ADRs unfair since they'll be ahead of the game. :sad2:

Looks like we're down another week without 2013 packages :( Crossing my fingers for next week since it's the last week before it's officially 180 days from Jan 1st. Feeling a little cheated though, why do the people outside the US get rates AND free dining already? Kind of makes ADRs unfair since they'll be ahead of the game. :sad2:

Whether they have free dining or not, they can't make those ADRs until the 180 day mark. And you can also make your ADRs at 180, then cancel if you must if there are not sufficient discounts (free dining, or a resort discount that offsets your cost better). Since Disney has created this monster by opening ADRs far in advance of pricing info, I don't see a problem with doing this. So long as you cancel in a timely fashion, someone else is sure to snatch up that primo ADR slot, and then do a happy dance because they got it!

Whether they have free dining or not, they can't make those ADRs until the 180 day mark. And you can also make your ADRs at 180, then cancel if you must if there are not sufficient discounts (free dining, or a resort discount that offsets your cost better). Since Disney has created this monster by opening ADRs far in advance of pricing info, I don't see a problem with doing this. So long as you cancel in a timely fashion, someone else is sure to snatch up that primo ADR slot, and then do a happy dance because they got it!

Yeah but they can make reservations up to 190 days at the 180 mark (180+10). I don't think many people will have problems with getting reservations, just maybe not their first choice time. Europeans typically eat later than us though, so I think the earlier the better. I just don't want to have to call Disney or go online every day for 9 days at 6/7am. >_< But hopefully by the first week of August they'll have the 2013 rates out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter