Another way to squeeze just a bit more money out of the newspaper subs.

Disneefun

DIS Veteran
I only subscribe to the Sunday paper, just for the coupons (no one around here will take internet printed coupons, so the sunday paper is my biggest source.)

As you know, coupons don't come in papers on holiday weekends. I've started using my paper's vacation service hold feature to avoid getting papers when there are no coupons. I call when I know it's going to be a week w/no coupons (like christmas, president's day, memorial day, etc.), tell them I want to suspend my subscription for that weekend and that I want the unused issues to be tacked on to the end of my subscription. That way, I don't pay for papers that are useless to me and I save a little money. Granted, it's only a little money, but I was getting annoyed with getting papers that had no coupons and no value to me. Solved that problem!

I'd cancel my subscription altogether were it not for the coupons and the fact that we live in the middle of nowhere where the closest stand to pick up a paper is 30 mins. away.

I wanted to cancel my subscription but instead of Thursday through Sunday I now have Saturday and Sunday which is the smallest they'll allow. Since I changed my carrier has gotten upset and now throws my paper in the wet grass instead of at the door like he used to. My MIL and mom are willing to give me coupons and I can get the ads online but it's nice to get that Sunday morning paper and go through everything.

We have been going out and buying the Sunday paper for the coupons. We decided to look into having it delivered. Pricing was not too bad- but- today we got a postcard from the paper for new subscribers. It is $60 for the entire year to have the paper delivered every day. We were paying 1.50 for Sundays only. I think that we are going to subscribe now:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter