Another way to make a little extra cash for our Disney funds

I keep telling myself- it doesn't matter- an extra $2 is $2- but gee... I really don't know how I feel about that- LOL!

I've decided it's not worth it. I still have 20 more videos to make this month, but I'm so burned out from yesterday! And if they were only $2 I'd definitely just say forget it!

Think I'll go watch some fellow Disers videos instead. :thumbsup2

I have several pet things that didn't get uploaded last night so I hope they are in the $5 group for next month. I do have a few things that I paid less than $5 for, so I'm not going to be unhappy about making only $2 on a review for it. I figure if I'm getting it for free or mostly free, no biggie. Now my expensive things, I won't load those in a $2 month. I paid a good bit for them and probably use it a lot so I want decent compensation for the extra work that I put into it.

I actually averaged the payouts for the month. If I do an equal number of $2 and $10 this month, I get $6 a vid. Next month if I submit equal amounts the pay out is $5.66 per vid. It's still more than the flat $5 so although the structure has changed, the average payout has increased.

I uploaded 2 vids this afternoon. I have a 3rd one but I'm confused about the catagory it is listed under. I have 2 different ink cartridges, one went in under computers :woohoo: and the other is listed as an office product. :confused3 My SD card for my camera (electronics) that came up as an office product. I can see the ink as an office product but the SD card shouldn't be.

I'm still sitting here with one approval. I got a rave on it right away so I wonder if it is from the person at expo doing the reviewing.

I was wondering if they will payout in increments up to $10....like, you will get paid $2 up to "x amount' per catagory, then $5 for "x amount" in that same catagory, and then finally $10 once you have submitted several already in that catagory.

Does that make sense? When they worded it tier...it just made me think of a ladder you have to climb....That way they could totally limit the number of higher payouts per person...since they are limiting the total number of video uploads per month. You might end up having to have 1/3 of your vids be $2, 1/3 be $5 etc....

We'll see.

For those of you who have had rejected videos because "Product not available nationally" I had 8, and emailed them where they can be found and they did accept the videos and pay me at the correct price.

Good luck everyone!

I had a couple of ice cream reviews rejected for not being nationally distributed. I checked the companies' websites, and sure enough my area is the only one they are distributed in. I guess I'll give Expo a break on those two - it's not worth raising a stink over $4. I guess next time I review ice cream, it will be basic vanilla. :rotfl2:

10 of my videos have been rejected due to audio/video sync problems; I've checked a some more and same thing. Everyone of them that is showing this problem are ones that I edited.

I am using the movie editing software that comes with my Easy Share, of course it shows up fine on my computer. Anyway, I was looking over the "file" section after I selected a video to see if I could change the file type so i could move it to Movie Maker when I found another command "Restore the Original"

I am going through and un-editing the videos and will resubmit them tonight.

Some will count as $2 dollar one now but hopefully the $10 will re-upload fine.

Hi everyone. First let me say thank you to the OP for this topic. I joined last month, but as you can see I've been lurking! Many times I've wanted to post, but someone has usually asked what I wanted to ask, or replied with what I would have! Thank you, you all saved me a lot of typing! :lmao: Seriously though, you are all very helpful! :)

I just wanted to share my "rejections"! I had one rejected for "Insufficient product information" and I let that one go without emailing. However! Tonight I had THREE rejected for "Reviewer in video not the submitter"! My son did those three and I thought that was allowed! He is 16, so it's not an age thing! I DID email them, however, I have to admit I was/am leery as others that he did (and my daughter has done!) have been approved! :confused3 I'm praying they are not going to "change their minds" and reject those now too! :scared1:

Anyway, I'm sure this was asked before, but I don't remember and, WELL, this thread is very long now! :lmao: Was I right to email them? Aren't they allowed to do the video? In two out of three of them, you can even hear me say "this is my son's review of............" Granted, my face wasn't on screen, but HIS was. :confused3

If they don't accept them still, not much I can do, but I PRAY they don't change their minds on the others!! :goodvibes

Has anyone had any luck getting expo to re-categorize a review? I did about 10 baby food videos while the baby&kids category had a payout of $10. They were pre-selected to be in baby&kids, feeding ... so I thought, no problem. Four have been published so far, and they have all been moved to grocery. I just emailed them ... we'll see what they say.

I have heard this happening. I too did some baby food items. I did just choose 1 of each thinking if I went nuts with every flavor they would do something. Mine have not yet been accepted, but sure they will be moved. I don't think it is really right, but they can do as they please. It is a big bummer though. I would have done something else!

In two out of three of them, you can even hear me say "this is my son's review of............" Granted, my face wasn't on screen, but HIS was. :confused3

Hi, From what I have read, the policy seems to be that the account holder has to show their face in the video at some point, even if someone else is doing the actual review. The way I saw it done is to show your face on camera and start with something like, "Hi Expo TV, today my son will be reviewing (product name) OR "Hi Expo TV, this is (your first name or your user name), today my son will be reviewing (product name)." And hand it over to your son from there. You can also show your face at the end... but they need to see the account holder's face at some point.

That said, I have seen reviews with minors where the account holder never shows their face.

I also noticed a recent video where the person never showed his face in the video at all. http://www.expotv.com/videos/reviews/13/139/Black-Decker-TRO390W-4Slice-ToastR/145869 I do believe when expo first started, users didn't always have to show their face, but this review above is from Aug 2007.

You would go nuts trying to figure out expo tv. Good luck!
tink

Hi, From what I have read, the policy seems to be that the account holder has to show their face in the video at some point, even if someone else is doing the actual review. The way I saw it done is to show your face on camera and start with something like, "Hi Expo TV, today my son will be reviewing (product name) OR "Hi Expo TV, this is (your first name or your user name), today my son will be reviewing (product name)." And hand it over to your son from there. You can also show your face at the end... but they need to see the account holder's face at some point.

That said, I have seen reviews with minors where the account holder never shows their face.

I also noticed a recent video where the person never showed his face in the video at all.

You would go nuts trying to figure out expo tv. Good luck!
tink

Thank you Tink. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :confused: Well, I guess if they still reject them, I'll just do a little "intro". I wish they would be consistent! The video for the Black and Decker! I'm surprised that went through at all!! :confused3 Of course though one of our videos WAS a $10 when submitted but now would be a $2! :mad: :rotfl:

10 of my videos have been rejected due to audio/video sync problems; I've checked a some more and same thing. Everyone of them that is showing this problem are ones that I edited.

I am using the movie editing software that comes with my Easy Share, of course it shows up fine on my computer. Anyway, I was looking over the "file" section after I selected a video to see if I could change the file type so i could move it to Movie Maker when I found another command "Restore the Original"

I am going through and un-editing the videos and will resubmit them tonight.

Some will count as $2 dollar one now but hopefully the $10 will re-upload fine.

Thanks! I found the "Restore the Original" on my Easy Share also. I am now resubmitting them without any editing. They should upload fine now. Too bad they are now $2 instead of $10 though! :sad2:

Can someone fill me in on the latest payout schedule that is taking place I have been on vacation and feel out of the "loop." Thanks!!!!!!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Pets, sports & outdoors and baby & kids are all $2 reviews for the rest of the month. Fitness & exercise is still $10 though so I just uploaded those from the other day. :woohoo: They have fitness DVDs listed under that as well so I'm going to do my yoga and bellydancing DVDs for a few extra bucks.

I'm not sure about the tiers for next month, I don't know if it will be based on type of product (high end vs less expensive) number of reviews already submitted (not to knock anyone but if there's already 50 reviews of Jif beanut butter, I'm sure it's all been said before) or if they will give more for the little extras in life (things we don't need but love to have anyway.) There could be production or quality bonuses and that is how they are going to give the $10 payouts. It's too soon to tell, I'm not going to worry about it too much more. I only have a few days left that I can film and submit and I can't control what they are going to do so I'm going to concentrate on me.

BTW, I posted the other day about Off Skintastick being in home and garden, well that was for the kids version. Today I clicked the one marked 'family' and it was in sports and outdoors all along........ I wish I would've seen that earlier so I couldn't gotten the extra $$$.

This baby food deal is driving me crazy. They left some as feeding, baby and kids and moved others to grocery. Those items don't cost a lot so really, I can understand that they don't want to pay $10 for them; however, THEY are the ones that had all these items classified as feeding, baby and kids. Had I known that they were going to reclassify them, I could have used the time to work on the things that really are $10. I didn't get to uploading some safety items for kids, the bassinet, some dog brushes. I could have uploaded those instead of wasting my time uploading the baby food. That is what makes the maddest since THEY are the ones that had all these gerber items listed as baby and kids. I sent them an email to see if they would reconsider the classification. I just hope it doens't come back on me for the ones I have left.

They have been re categorizing over here too. They moved my Johnsons BABY wash from Baby and Kids Bathing and Skin Care over to Beauty category :confused: I submitted it the day before they changed Baby and Kids over to $2. So I guess that just saved them $8 right there! I have emailed them and haven't gotten a response back yet.

Site is very very slow... I got one uploaded before it kept giving me the unavailable can't find the server page...ugh. Hopefully I'll get more done soon.

OMG, I've been offline for awhile and just now found out that expotv dropped some categories to $2 a video in the middle of the month!!! All the videos we worked so hard making this month are now worth $2 instead of $10. :confused:

We were planning on that $2000 and now $1800 of it is gone. It's like they dangled it in front of us and snatched it away!

I wish they would go back to the $5 a video, that was great!! Sorry to get you guys hooked on it, and then they changed it, I know you all must be as disappointed as I am. Hopefully some of you did alright this month, and hey some money for Disney is better than no money for Disney!

To those of you who sent me PM's with questions, and I didn't respond, I am sooo sorry, I haven't been on this site in a few weeks. I will respond to your PM's asap.

Jennifer

Jennifer, no need to be sorry, it's not your fault EXPO up and changed their policy on payouts mid month. Thanks for the site link in the first place, even at some $2 and some $10 I'm happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter