Another way to make a little extra cash for our Disney funds

Just found this thread - don't know how I missed it... but I can seem to get into the site at all... just clocks. Is it just me?!:confused3

I can't get in either. The site is getting hammered by those of us who are trying to get our final reviews in for July. :headache:

I hope we will be able to get something uploaded tonight. :eek:
tink

How do I change the file size of my video? My video is 86.5MB but the max for ExpoTV is 50MB.

TIA

I'm using a Kodak Easy Share Camera- on my camera's "video" menu- there is a menu choice to have the videos record at 320 x 6 something I think - it's the lowest recording level offered on the camera- thats half of what it was set on- not great quality for pictures but acceptable for expo, they accepted and posted three reviews on this level so far- this made the movies fit under the 50mb needed by half as much smaller. HTH:flower3:

I cant get in either tonight...in fact ive tried all day...I have 8 more to upload....sigh...

I can't get in either. It's been like this for 2 days now. It's everyone trying to get their videos uploaded at the last minute. I still have 50+ to upload, looks like I waited too long and won't be able to upload most of them. :sad:

The website has been slow, but now I can't even get to it. Darn me and my procrastination!!!!

Jennifer

:hourglass :hourglass :hourglass :rolleyes1 :sad2: :rolleyes: :laundy: :confused3 :surfweb: :scared: :hourglass :coffee:

Oh where, oh where has my little site gone?
Oh where, oh where can it be?
I have waited so long for it to take a video for me,
Oh where oh where can it be!

Ok- I'll almost average $5 per video if I combine the toys with the beauty care items tomorrow :headache: I'm trying to get the $5 for each HBA item tonight - haven't been able to remove the pending toy videos- I would have waited for them if I had known about tomorrow and would have pushed the food, HBA, video games this week.

I'm using a Kodak Easy Share Camera- on my camera's "video" menu- there is a menu choice to have the videos record at 320 x 6 something I think - it's the lowest recording level offered on the camera- thats half of what it was set on- not great quality for pictures but acceptable for expo, they accepted and posted three reviews on this level so far- this made the movies fit under the 50mb needed by half as much smaller. HTH:flower3:

That's the thing. I did that and my videos still come out to more than 50MB. The movies I have are 1:22 long and still say 53MB. There's gotta be another way. I can hardly say anything in that little time. I'm so sick of taping and retaping just to get my video down to size, and then the slow website on top of that. I swear I quit. I wish somebody could just walk me through resizing my video. I am so frustrated :headache: . I just wanna go to sleep.

I have a Canon Powershot SD630 if that helps any.....and moviemaker doesn't help either.

meloneyb21
From Expo TV website on how to shrink the file:

04. How to shrink your movie for upload
The main factors that affect the file size of your finished movie are: Size, compression, and frame rate.

* Make sure the resolution (or size) of your final movie is not larger than 320x240 pixels (if you're shooting with a digital still camera, set it to 320x240 to begin with).
* Different compressions result in differently sized movies. When you're exporting from your editing or compression software (like Movie Maker, iMovie, or Quicktime Pro), select a preset designed for sharing on the web. If you want more control over your compression, go into your software's more advanced settings to experiment with different compressions, quality settings, and bitrate settings.
* If you've tried the above two steps and your file size is still over our 50MB limit, try reducing the "frame rate" of your movie in your software's export settings. A change from 30 frames per second to 15 frames per second will cut your size in half, and usually won't make the motion too jerky.

Also check out their FAQ http://www.expotv.com/faqs#how_you_get_paid

That's the thing. I did that and my videos still come out to more than 50MB. The movies I have are 1:22 long and still say 53MB. There's gotta be another way. I can hardly say anything in that little time. I'm so sick of taping and retaping just to get my video down to size, and then the slow website on top of that. I swear I quit. I wish somebody could just walk me through resizing my video. I am so frustrated :headache: . I just wanna go to sleep.

I have a Canon Powershot SD630 if that helps any.....and moviemaker doesn't help either.

:hug: I'm sorry that you are having trouble- don't feel too bad- I have my 100 ready to go but can't get the expo site to stay up long enough to upload the last 2/3 of them! So, for tonight, you are't missing anything - we are all "stuck" in no man's land and can't do anything with the videos that are ready to go.

That means that you can go to bed- get a good nights rest and have no time pressure for almost 30 days! :) I don't know anything about your camera or the moviemaker as I haven't used those products yet.

BTW- the photo of the child in your signature is beautiful! princess:

For those that are trying to upload videos, HURRY!!!!!!! I am able to get on RIGHT NOW!! I am on my last video for tonight. I uploaded 15. We made 81 videos for the month of July. Only 19 short of 100, oh well next month will be better ;)

i am glad to see pets in the $10 catgory....but health and beauty....i live at my local beauty supply stores!

agh!! :headache: only two left to upload and it starts the whole timing out thing all over again .... and i was sooo close too :sad2: :sad2:

I haven't been able to stroll around the expotv.com site much tonight...but some of you are reporting 100 videos for August - and the pay is $10 or $2. So, we can make 100, $10 videos?????????? :banana: I need to find more toys!!!!!!!!! (thought I'd never say that)

Please excuse me if these questions have been answered.

1) I've signed my DH up has I hate to be in front of the camera. However, I then realized all the craft stuff I have so I'll sign me up too. Can he refer me since we are in the same household?

2) What if the product is not listed? I have about 15 Cricut cartridges. I acted like I was uploading to see if they were all listed and noticed that only 2 cartridges are listed. At 10.00 a pop, I would love to review each of them.

3) Do any of you let your kids be in the video, ie the toys and games?

I thought I had a quite a few questions, but now those are the only ones that pop in my head.:confused3 Oh, I'm sure I'll think of more.

TIA for any help I can get. I'm really looking forward to earning some money so we can go to Disneyland next summer :banana:

I tried searching the thread, unsuccessfully. So I apologize if this is redundant.

I finally got on the website so I could sign up... it read like I would get the confirmation email right away.. but nothing yet. How long does it take?? Sorry but with the tax bill I got yesterday I really could use the extra cash!!

Incredibly frustrating!!!!!

We had 78 uploaded as of this morning (only 10 approved so far). We taped 24 more today and have spent HOURS trying to upload. We have only been able to get 4 to go through all day. This stinks! Only 2 more hours and I can't even get to the site now.

Is it like this every month? They really need to do SOMETHING to handle the increased traffic! I won't wait till the end of the month next time but if they are growing so much I do hope they have a plan to handle the increased traffic.

Allyson

Hi, Sorry to hear about all your tech problems. I went through a lot of tech problems too. I finally did get my size down by adjusting the numbers on my Kodak camera, like others have suggested. That cut my pics by half the size.

I was ready to throw in the towel many times. Including tonight when it is so difficult to upload. Good luck! tink

1) I've signed my DH up has I hate to be in front of the camera. However, I then realized all the craft stuff I have so I'll sign me up too. Can he refer me since we are in the same household?

Hi, From what I read on their site, they do not allow referrals in the same household.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter