Another way to make a little extra cash for our Disney funds

I'm having the same problem I can't log onto the site at all. It just keeps thinking!!:mad: It's been doing this for the last hour I'm getting very frustrated:headache:

I cant get anything to even open on the site today. Cant log in or even go to the forums. They must have some really high traffic...well lesson learned I will do all next months vids early on...I still need to do 11 for me and 17 for dh...oh well guess that wont happen :sad2:

Hi there everyone!

Thanks so much to the OP. I discovered this thread on Friday afternoon. DF and I spent a few hours on Saturday and Sunday doing it. We're both up to 60 reviews. Whew! It's a bit exhausting doing that many in such a short time. DF would do one oh his product while I was thinking about what to say on my product. Then I would do one on my product while he was thinking about what to say on his product. Pretty good system and it allowed us to still spend time together and laugh about what we were saying. But I don't think we will always do it that way. We just needed to get a bunch done before the end of July. I think it will be totally worth it. In future months hopefully we can start early and only need to do a couple a day.

Quick question - the sound is slightly lagging in the videos because we have an external microphone. Has anyone else gotten videos with this issue approved?

We haven't gotten any of them approved yet. DF is a little hesitant to crank the rest of them (40 more each before tomorrow night) out until we see at least one get approved. We each did a couple reviews on movies currently in the theater because you all seem to think they might get approved faster. Here's to hoping that's true.

I am totally with all of you. I just started doing this and I'm already in the ExpoTV frame of mind. Everything I pick up can be reviewed. It's a little tough to watch yourself in these without feeling self conscious, but I am getting over that hurdle. We are trying to start a life together and we both have a lot of school loans etc. to pay off. Not to mention that we're paying for our wedding ourselves. Anyway, I'm hoping ExpoTV can be part of the solution to a debt-free lifestyle within a few years.

Thanks everyone for the helpful info. Good luck getting them all uploaded before tomorrow night.

Painfully slow today! I finally got logged in and about to start uploading but it took forever to just get into the site. I wish the rest of you luck getting in!

Allyson

Does anyone know if you can review resorts that you have stayed in?

I've been lerking around for awhile....Well I took the plung and signed up. Thanks to the OP and everyone else that has chimed in.

I was just able to upload like 8 or 9 of them and now I am getting a message that the site is temporarily down for maintenance. Not good timing! Think they are just overloaded?

Allyson

It says you can review travel destinations so I would guess resorts would count. Since DFiance and I are both CM's alot of things in our house are eliminated since they are branded Disney or one from one of their sub companies. But I'm sure we can find 100 things to do in August. I figured from now on when I grocery shop I'll do a review for each item while putting them away (if we've eaten them before of course) or after using the product I'll keep the box and review it (if we had not eaten them before). It will pay for the groceries and then some.

Sadly our USB ports went down on us so we are out of the game for July but you bet we'll each have 100 in for August.

Well I finally managed to get the last 11 in for my acct today. The site was slow and fast sometimes..really couldnt tell how it would be. I just hope that they end up approving the rest in pending which will put me at my 500. Dh still needs to make 17 more to actually put him at his 100 which is going to be impossible since he doesnt get home tonight til 130 and then back to work again tomorrow by 130. I might go dig out 17 products for him and then just do some quick shooting tomorrow morning and upload them after he leaves. Heres hoping the site isnt as slow tomorrow but I know it will be....ick...

WEll this sounds very exciting to me. I did register today and have nto received an email its been over 12 hours. I did send an email to the contact us.

SO here's my ?: I no longer have my camcorder and my digital camera isn't working either. I do have movie maker on my computer. Now has anyone sued a webcam?? DO I need other things or software, I am sadly very computer challenged and hope you all can help me understand what to do next?/

Thanks all!

Expo seems to be running slow again this evening. I was able to upload 6 videos earlier this afternoon and then it would not let me upload anymore. I am trying to upload about 15 more right now and I can't even get on the site.

I am hoping to get these done by tomorrow evening, but we will see.

I won't make my 100 for the month but at least we made 67 videos. We only have 13 that have been approved though, I am hoping by tomorrow many more are approved.

I am really hoping they still have the 100 videos for the month of August.

Holy Cow, I have 175 more videos to upload and I can't even get to expotv's website!! Agggghhhhhhh!!!!

I hope it's running better tomorrow, I'm going to be glued to the computer all day uploading if they are, but that's better than not being able to upload at all!! Why oh why am I such a procrastinator???? :sad:

Jennifer

okay - need technical assistance here please! How can I convert a .3gp file to an acceptable uploading format? Before I just renamed them .wmv at the end and it changed the format, however, for this batch I uploaded I have tried everything and have not been able to do it :( Please help???? Thank you! You guys are the best!

I am really hoping they still have the 100 videos for the month of August.

It looks like they will, but the payment is unknown. This is a quote from their newsletter:

On August 1st, we will be announcing a new Videopinions variable payment structure. This shift will reward members for creating great videos in certain categories of high interest to the community.

All videos published will still earn you cash and play a prominent role in helping consumers make better product decisions. Plus you'll still be able to submit 100 videos for the month.

We wish we could but we can't unveil all the details just yet. But we thought we'd give our loyal members a heads-up.

Auugh! Must :headache: upload :headache: more :headache: videos! :headache: Hoping to get at least 10 more done by the end of the day tomorrow - nowhere near the 100 limit but I have to work. At least I should be able to get $50 or so before they change.

Oh no, I hope that the payment schedule is still close to what it was. I didn't push to get my USB fixed because I figured we could upload them and still get about $1000 next month. Oh well.

Maybe we will luck out and they will say Movie Reviews, etc will get more $$$ then the others. But I bet they are so overloaded that $5 a review is sucking them dry.

Oh no, I hope that the payment schedule is still close to what it was. I didn't push to get my USB fixed because I figured we could upload them and still get about $1000 next month. Oh well.

Maybe we will luck out and they will say Movie Reviews, etc will get more $$$ then the others. But I bet they are so overloaded that $5 a review is sucking them dry.

I hope you are right. I managed to upload 100 to mine and DH is 17 shy of 100 on his, which we are hoping to get in tomorrow. Cant even get it to load on my computer tonight. Anyway, the money we made this month will go to paying stuff off and we were really hoping to get another 2-3 months in like this to get almost out of debt and get a savings acct going. If not, im thankful for what we made but man I really hope to make more.

okay - need technical assistance here please! How can I convert a .3gp file to an acceptable uploading format? Before I just renamed them .wmv at the end and it changed the format, however, for this batch I uploaded I have tried everything and have not been able to do it :( Please help???? Thank you! You guys are the best!

Try this site and see if you can convert it with any of these downloads. http://www.riverpast.com/en/support/tutorials/convert/3gp/wmv.php

hope it helps!:surfweb:

I can not even get on the site tonight. I have 15 more videos that I want to get uploaded by the end of the day tomorrow. Hopefully in the morning the site is back and running again.

If I can't get these last videos uploaded then I will just save them for August.

I am curious what the new variable payment structure will be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter