Another way to make a little extra cash for our Disney funds

Hi All!
Are we paid by the submission dates or approval dates.. let me try to explain the question...:coffee:

I joined this morning, I have yet to make and submit a video review. I have a question about the limits of videos monthly. If I submit 100 videos, wishful thinking, I'm sure with three kids home - school starts in two weeks and August right around the corner....ANYWAY....

If I submit 100 videos before the end of July, and say 8 of them are approved before the last day of July- do I only get paid for those eight in August and assuming that the other 92 are approved in August- get paid in September????? because- the difference would be 92 left for approval in August- does that mean that I am now limited to only making another 8 during August to get paid ?

I read in the user agreements or forums, that you can submit more then the allowed limits and they will be out in your video library BUT you will not get paid for the extra over 100 in any given month. So, are your counts made by the submition dates or by the approval dates???

I hope this makes sense.....

I want to submit 100 for July and 100 for August - would I get paid for 200 if they are all approved or only the 8 from July and then the 92 left plus the extra 8 shot in August????

Help me understand! :rolleyes1 TIA:thumbsup2

Hi All!
Are we paid by the submission dates or approval dates.. let me try to explain the question...:coffee:

I joined this morning, I have yet to make and submit a video review. I have a question about the limits of videos monthly. If I submit 100 videos, wishful thinking, I'm sure with three kids home - school starts in two weeks and August right around the corner....ANYWAY....

If I submit 100 videos before the end of July, and say 8 of them are approved before the last day of July- do I only get paid for those eight in August and assuming that the other 92 are approved in August- get paid in September????? because- the difference would be 92 left for approval in August- does that mean that I am now limited to only making another 8 during August to get paid ?

I read in the user agreements or forums, that you can submit more then the allowed limits and they will be out in your video library BUT you will not get paid for the extra over 100 in any given month. So, are your counts made by the submition dates or by the approval dates???

I hope this makes sense.....

I want to submit 100 for July and 100 for August - would I get paid for 200 if they are all approved or only the 8 from July and then the 92 left plus the extra 8 shot in August????

Help me understand! :rolleyes1 TIA:thumbsup2

Its my understanding that you get paid for the videos for the month you submitted them, however, I too am feeling very confused on this issue. Ive even poked around on the expo forums and still can't find what im looking for.

Hi! I sibscribed to this thread Friday so I wouldn't lose it! Yesterday I got all signed up on expotv and today I made 7 videos and am currently trying to upload them. Not going so well. . . I am still on the first one and it says - 50MB Max , waiting a response from video server. . .

Can someone tell me what this means???

Thanks for your information-

I still can't find an answer :confused3 I don't want to submit videos in excess of the 100 and not get paid- I'd rather save then until the next month to submit and get paid.

I probably won't be able to get 100 in anyway, the toddler keeps me pretty busy and the older boys are getting wiggly and are starting to get bored. We've done all of our "summer" plans.

We've already bought ( charged :guilty: ) all of their school items, school clothes and new tennis shoes- that's what I need the money for! I also charged one of their pair of eye glasses and exam because I just couldn't squeeze out enough $ for both at the same time. Oh, the life of a Mom- always some expense- I'm glad to see that people are geting paid for Expo and am eager to get started. I hope it all works for me! I wish I was saving up for a trip. :rolleyes:

Can someone tell me what this means???

Expo will only accept a maximum of 50 mb per video- I read the forums on the Expo site and the answers are in there- I believe you need to use a converter or some such program to make you video smaller. I'm technologically challanged as far as this type of stuff goes- also read this whole thread and the other one here for Expo people to stop by- there is information in those areas too. HTH:cutie: I know I saw the info but can't recall where- sorry

You are paid by submission date. I usually upload my videos on the last day of the month, and am paid about 3 weeks later. I have yet to do any videos for the month of July, but plan on getting them all done in the next week. I expect to receive payment around the 20th of August for them.

From their FAQ section-

When and how will I receive payment?
Payments will be sent via PayPal for all accepted videos. Please allow up to 4 weeks from the end of the month in which the submission occurred for your payment to be sent to your PayPal account.

Their FAQ section is very helpful, it's a must read if you haven't yet.

And videos should only be 1-3 minutes long. Your video must be too long if you're over the limit. I time myself and once I hit 60 seconds, I wrap it up. It's quicker uploading times too.

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

Jennifer

Here are a couple of tips I've learned-

Gather your stuff before you make the videos. Find a comfy spot to set up your camera and have your stash of stuff next to you. You can fire off the videos a lot quicker than gathering one thing at a time.

Also, using a webcam means you don't have to transfer your videos to your computer, so that saves time (and batteries!).

I haven't used my webcam yet, but plan on starting today. I'll let you all know how it goes!

Jennifer

My videos are all under 1 1/2 minutes. I'm still trying to upload the first one! Now it is saying - Your video is now uploading, please be patient. . .

It's been nearly 2 hours, I'm running out of patients!! :eek:

Thanks for posting this OP! I've uploaded 60 videos, 18 are approved. I figure I can do 20 more each day for the next 2 days and max out my month. My boyfriend is working on it too. Disney spending money, here we come!!

I so want to start doing this except for some reason my computer all of a sudden is saying my camera is a unknown device, as with all of my USB devices. Anyone have any ideas?

I so want to start doing this except for some reason my computer all of a sudden is saying my camera is a unknown device, as with all of my USB devices. Anyone have any ideas?

Is there any chance your hard drive might be too full? Im just guessing here as I am completely computer stupid. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Thanks for posting this OP! I've uploaded 60 videos, 18 are approved. I figure I can do 20 more each day for the next 2 days and max out my month. My boyfriend is working on it too. Disney spending money, here we come!!

I'll second that :thanks: I'm up to 59 only 41 to go. :thumbsup2

Sorry in advance about the upcoming pity party. :(
About ready to give up. Can't get the videos from my video camera into Movie Maker. Aside from the problems I am having with that (unsuccessful attempts), we also cannot get the other video we taped on DD's digital camera from the computer to Movie Maker. Movie Maker keeps saying that the file is wrong or it is corrupted. I feel like such an idiot. Gazillions of people are uploading video to YouTube, so how hard can it be, yet I just can't get this to work.

I must say that the sites I have been going to to find step by step help, are not very helpful at all. I need a site with pictures that says, "You take a wire that looks like this (photo of wire showing both ends) and put this end here and the other end here." Bla bla bla. ;) I am not a techi by any stretch, but I have no problems uploading still photos to my computer and posting them on Ebay or wherever.

Sorry, I guess I feel I am out of my league here. You all seem to know so much more about this than I do, yet I really want to do Expo so will keep plugging away. I read Expo FAQ, but they seem to assume you know how to do the basic process in the first place. Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :sad1:

Ok, so after all this, here's a question:
When you are taping a video on your video camera (I have a Sharp Digital Viewcam circa 2002) are you storing this video on the tape inside the camera or are you storing it on the video card? I had been using the tape, but then tried the card. If it is the card I should be using, I can't get the camera to record onto the card for more than a few seconds, then it stops recording and only shows up as a still photo. I apologize again for feeling so sorry for myself. :sad2:

update: after reading my camcorder manual, it appears there is a DV cord that needs to be purchased that might be what I need to upload from cam to puter. We shall see.

thanks, tink

Our camcorder from around that time will only take still photos on the card. It was not designed for recording. That might be the problem, not sure though. Maybe check your manual.

I take videos on my photo camera that also does videos. It is a kodak easyshare something or other. I have 2 that I can do it on, our first does not. I just put the video in kodak and upload. No moviemaker involved.

Our camcorder from around that time will only take still photos on the card. It was not designed for recording. That might be the problem, not sure though. Maybe check your manual.
Aha, thanks for pointing that out. When I checked my manual, they called recording using the memory card "Still Recording." What a cagey name for a still photo!

I take videos on my photo camera that also does videos. It is a kodak easyshare something or other. I have 2 that I can do it on, our first does not. I just put the video in kodak and upload. No moviemaker involved.

It appears that people with Kodak easyshare, like me, are having trouble getting the video in Movie Maker. I was wondering... when you put the video in Kodak, bypass Movie Maker, and upload directly to Expo, are you able to start it and stop it at the right places? For example, I was upstairs doing some work and DD18 was downstairs in the kitchen recording her first review. During playback, I was surprised at the nice job she did, especially for her first time. She even smiled and was convincing and when she was done with the review, she screams, "MOM, I'M DONE!" and it is still recording! :scared1: Am I able to stop the upload before the scream without using Movie Maker? Sorry for being so dense. ;) thanks, tink

I have an Easy Share and tried to use Movie Make and like others found, it didn't work with that format.

I load them into the Easy Share software and from there just load straight to Expo TV. I don't do any editing, I just make sure we get it all in one take.

When you have it in the ES software there is an edit button and I saw that you can trim. I believe it will take a little off the beginning or end of your video. That might help in your case with the "I'm Done!". You should try it!

Allyson :)

Do you all have someone record your videos? Or can you just place the camera on a shelf (or something) and press record, run out in front and go??? :confused3 It seems that some people I have watched are using the second method, but in the tips from Expo, it says to start out with a full shot of person with product, zoom in close on the product, and then back out to capture a full shot again. Thoughts?

I really want to get started but it is hard getting my husband on board (he is skeptical) and I get camera shy as well, so it might be easier for me to do it alone in front of the camera. :hippie:

Do you all have someone record your videos? Or can you just place the camera on a shelf (or something) and press record, run out in front and go??? :confused3 It seems that some people I have watched are using the second method, but in the tips from Expo, it says to start out with a full shot of person with product, zoom in close on the product, and then back out to capture a full shot again. Thoughts?

I really want to get started but it is hard getting my husband on board (he is skeptical) and I get camera shy as well, so it might be easier for me to do it alone in front of the camera. :hippie:

My kids 13 and 9 record for me or my DH. We dont do any zooming on the product at all, just clearly state what it is and hold it up. DH has made 90 dollars so far and Ive made about 25. Im going to look into getting a webcam today because my camera is eating batteries, I went through a pack of 8 in 2 days, and it didnt come with a power cord or charger. Im going to take it back I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter