ANOTHER Vistana question

Bella the Ball 360

Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.<br><font
I know the answer to this is somewhere already posted but for the life of me I cannot find it. Do the Cascades and Lakes only sleep 6? Is it the older units that sleep 8? I looked at my reservation thorough Skyauction and it says that max is 6 or is it the other way around.

We were in the Lakes at the end of May. 2 bedroom slept 8 also. Beats the heck out of a hotel room for 4!!

Yeah, I think the Cascades can sleep 8. They usually have a sofa bed. So with the sofa bed that makes 8. Otherwise there are 3 beds that can sleep 2 each. I have never stayed in the Lakes so I couldn't tell you about that. hope this sorta helps!! :)

Bella the Ball 360 said:
Do the Cascades and Lakes only sleep 6? Is it the older units that sleep 8? I looked at my reservation thorough Skyauction and it says that max is 6 or is it the other way around.
Here are the max occupancies for 2BRs in each section, from oldest to newest, with check-in days for weekly stays:

Courts - Saturday - 6 or 8 (depending on loft)
Falls - Sunday - 6
Spas - Friday - 8
Palms - Fri/Sat/Sun - 8
Springs - Fri/Sat/Sun - 8
Fountains 1 - Fri/Sat/Sun - 8
Fountains 2 - Fri/Sat/Sun - 8
Lakes - Fri/Sat/Sun - 8
Cascades- Fri/Sat/Sun - 8

Lakes & Cascades have some lock-offs so these are the two sections containing dedicated 2BRs and lock-off 2BRs comprised of a studio and a 1BR or of 2 different layouts of 1BRs. Here are their max occupancies:

Lakes - Fri/Sat/Sun - Studio 4, 1BR 4
Cascades- Fri/Sat/Sun - 1BR 4

If your confirmation states a maximum occupancy of 6, it could mean that you will have a unit in one of the older sections (Courts or Falls). Or, it could mean that they are not planning to assign the room until later so they cannot guarantee a higher max occupancy. If you have a Friday check-in, Courts & Falls are much less likely. HTH.

We were in a Cascades 2 bedroom last Feb (04) that slept only 6. King bed in the master bedroom, 2 twin beds in the second bedroom, and a sleeper sofa.

That gives me some hope for cascades now! This is the first post that ever said that cascades sleeps 6.

We were in a Cascades 2 bedroom last Feb (04) that slept only 6. King bed in the master bedroom, 2 twin beds in the second bedroom, and a sleeper sofa.
Do you recall your villa number Monarchsfan ? Because I never heard of a Cascades villa with 2 twin beds. As far as I know only the Falls and Courts have those ? Even on Vistana's website it doesn't show twin size beds in any of the various layouts ? You've got me curious now.........

We were in villa 2272 (I knew I took those door pictures for a reason :teeth: ). And looking through my photo album, they were definitely twin beds in the second bedroom.
OTOH, we were in a villa in Courts in 2002 that slept 8. It had 2 sofa beds, 2 twin beds and a king :confused3 Guess our accomadations have been as wierd as us

Thanks Heather.....my Vistana map from 2003 doesn't even show a Cascades villa 2272 ? In the 2200 series of room numbers, the highest is 2262 on my map. Very strange......this is the first I'm hearing of twin beds in this section. They're supposed to be doubles. I'll have to look into this when I'm down there in a few weeks.

MiaSRN62 said:
Thanks Heather.....my Vistana map from 2003 doesn't even show a Cascades villa 2272 ? In the 2200 series of room numbers, the highest is 2262 on my map. Very strange......this is the first I'm hearing of twin beds in this section. They're supposed to be doubles. I'll have to look into this when I'm down there in a few weeks.
2272 was right across from the Cascade recreation center. Is it possible that they were still building in the Cascades in 2003? I don't remember much from the 2002 trip (which is funny because I remember everything from 1998 and 2004) so I can't remember whether the area was still under construction or not then.

2272 was right across from the Cascade recreation center. Is it possible that they were still building in the Cascades in 2003?
Oh......I DO see that villa number now Heather. I must have missed it before. Those numbers couldn't be any smaller...lol
Do you know if it was a lock-off or a dedicated 2 bedroom ? Sorry for all the questions. Wondering why they put twin beds in the second bedroom after all the other sections built after the Falls had doubles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter