Another Trueblood thread (didn't want to hijack!)--actually genealogy

Inigo

DIS Veteran
I have never watched the show True Blood. I don't get Showtime, or HBO, or whatever channel it's on.

I get so excited, however, every time I see a thread or something about this show, and it always ends up disappointing me. See, I do genealogy, and I'm a Trueblood descendant. I think, ooooohhh, a thread about my family, and then it turns out to be about this TV show. Darn it.

Family lore is that everyone with the last name Trueblood is descended from the same family. I've also get a Gerkin (Gerking) line, and everyone in the US is supposed to be related.

I was at a science teachers' convention in New Orleans 16 years ago. I saw a woman with the last name Gerkin. In passing, I mentioned I was related to her. She thought I was nuts, but I was able to name three counties (One in Oregon, one in Indiana, and one in Iowa) and told her I bet her (actually her husband's) grandparents lived in one of those counties. I was right...they were from Iowa. This woman was from Washington, DC, and was impressed that I was able to guess the county.

Is there anyone else that does genealogy in here?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter