another transportation question

Sue (mom of 3 boys!)

DIS Veteran
Hi-

We have (almost) decided NOT to use DCL busses for our transports. Cost effectiveness was the main reason (family of 5).

My question is this...
*Do people who use DCL transfers have preferential treatment at the port?
*Are they allowed into the port earlier than those driving?
*Any differences at the DCL terminal?
*Any other differences?

Thanks!
~Sue

We did not use the Disney transfer but we enjoyed the free Disney service that they brought our lugguage all the way from MCO Hyatt to the terminal.

I believe this is the only special "treatment" that DCL transfer holders would enjoy.

We (family of five) used Tiffany's Town Car service andd it was great! The picked us up in Orlando and drove us to the Radisson at the port. When we arrived back, the met us and took us back to the airport. The porter that took our luggage from the DCL terminal to the van said we made a wise choice not going with DCL transfers, I didn't ask why.

We checked our luggage with DCL at the air port and then used a private towncar service...... they were cool about it....

Save the money no difference...

if u can find a cruise rep .. they may even check your luggage for u at the airport , if they dont it is no big deal u pull up to the curb take driver takes out of trunk and porter takes it from there..

Hi-
I think I should have been more clear in my question...

We will already be in Florida on vaca. before our cruise. We plan to keep our rental and drop it in CapeCanaveral the morning of the cruise. Someone (at home) mentioned that she was told that those using the Disney transfers were allowed into the port earlier, and allowed to embark earlier than those not using the Disney busses. Has anyone heard of this, or was she misinformed?

Thanks!
~Sue

I haven't taken the buses (I live here) but from what I have read & seen, No preferential treatment. IMHO it would be worse, having to go around the resort to pick people up (maybe wait a little bit here & there...) & then drop off many people at one time. When dropping the car off, drop the luggage & passengers off at the terminal, then return the car (don't forget to keep a picture ID with the driver). The others can start the check in process and then only 1 person & no luggage needs to use the Rental Car Shuttle (takes less time that way).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter