Another Toronto airport/US customs question

coastgirl

DIS Veteran
So, it seems we're best off changing terminals/getting through customs as quickly as possible on our Halifax/Toronto/Orlando routing, thanks so much to everyone for the feedback.

I am quite concerned about keeping me and my family fed! (Oooo, I get grumpy hungry, and the same is certainly true for my 3 and 5 yo's. Dh is the only stoic among us.) If we have some "real" food in our handluggage, like sandwiches from Tim Horton's, or fresh muffins or something, can that food get through? Already thinking, we won't be able to have fresh fruit or veg on that leg, which, sure enough, is right over the lunch hour. Maybe we'll have to get creative with...I dunno, maybe those lunchables things, seeing as they're sealed? But we've had trouble with cheese at borders before too. Any feedback on that, or creative suggestions?

Also wondering about the return routing, the reverse of the journey down...Orlando/Toronto/Halifax, with a terminal switch at TO. Do you usually clear Customs in Toronto or Halifax, or maybe Orlando?

Thanks everyone.

JoAnne and family (dh, ds 5 and dd 3), first time to Disney scheduled for May 2006!

On your return trip you will clear customs in Toronto and your flight to Halifax would be a domestic.

Kinda hoping we'd get it over with but wasn't really expecting it...it helps at least to know what to expect. Thanks again.

Be prepared for some very long lines at security at the Orlando airport. We thought it was only fitting - can't leave Disney World without waiting in one more line.

Fresh fruit and meat cause problems with customs (especially in airports where there is a greater chance of customs dogs sniffing your luggage and carry ons).

As long as your fruit as a sticker showing the origin (and the origin is US or Canada) you shouldn't have a problem. Not sure what is the current reg's regarding meat.

For clearing customs when coming back to Canada, the rule of thumb is that you must clear Canadian customs at the first airport that you land (in your case, Toronto).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter