Another ticket upgrade question.....

disneyfool_1202

The countdown has begun!!
We just went to WDW in October 2012 and are headed back this August. My DD (8) has 6 days on her ticket (no exp) she can use. DH and I have to buy tickets for ourselves and our son so are considering getting parkhopper tickets this time around, as we are traveling with friends who hop a bit more than we normally do. I hate to buy DD a whole new ticket but she has no hopper privledges. Will I be able to just add the park hopper option to her remaining 6 days?
What about about adding PH and waterpark option?? Would that be possible?? We want to visit a water park this time around and it seems it's far less expensive to incorporate it into the park ticket price then pay out of pocket for one day (approx $50/day per person average).
DH and I are trying to figure out the best option that will give us the most flexibility without breaking the bank, considering we are essentiall taking 2 trips within a year's time.

We just went to WDW in October 2012 and are headed back this August. My DD (8) has 6 days on her ticket (no exp) she can use. DH and I have to buy tickets for ourselves and our son so are considering getting parkhopper tickets this time around, as we are traveling with friends who hop a bit more than we normally do. I hate to buy DD a whole new ticket but she has no hopper privledges. Will I be able to just add the park hopper option to her remaining 6 days?
What about about adding PH and waterpark option?? Would that be possible?? We want to visit a water park this time around and it seems it's far less expensive to incorporate it into the park ticket price then pay out of pocket for one day (approx $50/day per person average).
DH and I are trying to figure out the best option that will give us the most flexibility without breaking the bank, considering we are essentiall taking 2 trips within a year's time.

If your DDs ticket is previously used and it has been more then 14 days, then it can not be upgraded in any way.

As PP said, no. :sad1:

No upgrades can be made on any ticket, even an NE ticket, more than 14 days after the ticket's first use. (I'm assuming from context clues that your daughter's NE ticket with 6 remaining days was used in Oct 12.)

So yes, her ticket was NE, 4 days out of a 10 day used in October 2012, and has 6 days left.
So can we "trade it in" for a new ticket and pay the difference??

So yes, her ticket was NE, 4 days out of a 10 day used in October 2012, and has 6 days left.

Nope. That's still technically an upgrade and all upgrades must be completed within 14 days of when the ticket was first used.

Unfortunately, this is the downside of what appear to be a great idea of non-expiring tickets. They cannot be upgraded or traded in or changed in anyway after that initial 14 day period. What seemed like a good idea on the first trip, doesn't end up working for your second trip. And you are stuck deciding whether to skip using the non-expiring ticket and shell-out for another ticket, or change your plans to fit the left-over ticket.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

Unfortunately, this is the downside of what appear to be a great idea of non-expiring tickets. They cannot be upgraded or traded in or changed in anyway after that initial 14 day period. What seemed like a good idea on the first trip, doesn't end up working for your second trip. And you are stuck deciding whether to skip using the non-expiring ticket and shell-out for another ticket, or change your plans to fit the left-over ticket.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

Agreed. But, still, if you plan ahead (i.e. several trips ahead), then NE tickets can end up saving you hundreds of dollars. :thumbsup2

That would still be an upgrade and is not allowed for 2 reasons on this ticket.

1) You are past the 14 days from first use when upgrades must be done (even on NE tickets).

2) No ticket can be upgraded to more then 10 days EVER on said ticket (for US MYW tickets).

I can deal with not doing anything with DH and my ticket - we have only 2 days left and since they don't expire, and odds are we'll be back at Disney many many more times in our lifetime, we can hang onto them and get new tickets for this trip.

What about kids that age into adults?? My son has 2 days left but he turns 10 a few days before we go.

What about kids that age into adults?? My son has 2 days left but he turns 10 a few days before we go.

Free upgrade at any ticket booth or Guest Relations to adult ticket with same remaining assets.
Take the ticket and the (former) child with you to get the upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter