• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

another ticket price increase? really?

There have been many addition and improves, many of which I just added. The Magic of Disney is not just e ride and thrill rides, that is not Disney.

I will grant you the new FP+ still needs the kinks worked out, but at least were not paying for express pass at high dollar amounts and higher yet at holiday times

As shown here:

QUOTE=faneuil;50798218]It's $136.32 for a one day, two park ticket at Universal. that's with tax.
Then, if you want their express pass, it depends on the day how much it'll cost you:

Non-Peak, per day: Adult $179.99 / Child $168.99
Standard, per day: Adult $204.99 / Child $193.99
Peak, per day: Adult $219.99 / Child $208.99
Holiday, per day: Adult $229.99 / Child $219.99

All of those prices are pre-tax.
Those lower noted prices are admission and express pass costs.

And yes, you can get around them to a good degree if your willing to buy multi day, stay at a UNI hotel and /or a annual pass. That is fi your staying all these extra days.

Lets not forget all the extras of WDW, of just being on property, even just to visit. The many choices in the 16 hotels, unique theming, golf courses, 4 parks, 2 water parks, campground, boats, monorails, balloon rides, horse back and many, many other smaller attractions. Many of these attractions, hotel restaurants, are free to explore and try, and are covered partially by parks ticket.

I don't see much less at WDW. Some minor thing get changed and people don't mention the new things.

So the price increase all of $4.O0.. is well justified.I never said the big price increases already at Uni and those coming like the16% on the 1 day, 2 park, wont justified, but as a whole UNI is getting expensive. Like the New 50's hotel, which no longer includes express pass for their guests.

As I have pointed out before, All companies will charge what people feel the value is.

AKK

AKK[/QUOTE]

I understand where you are coming from but me personally, I think this increase should not have been introduced until Disney at least gets a handle on the "new system". And several of the attractions you mentioned is an added cost; boats, balloon rides, horse back riding-nothing to do with park tickets. Just saying...

Those lower noted prices are admission and express pass costs.

And yes, you can get around them to a good degree if your willing to buy multi day, stay at a UNI hotel and /or a annual pass. That is fi your staying all these extra days.

Lets not forget all the extras of WDW, of just being on property, even just to visit. The many choices in the 16 hotels, unique theming, golf courses, 4 parks, 2 water parks, campground, boats, monorails, balloon rides, horse back and many, many other smaller attractions. Many of these attractions, hotel restaurants, are free to explore and try, and are covered partially by parks ticket.

I don't see much less at WDW. Some minor thing get changed and people don't mention the new things.

So the price increase all of $4.O0.. is well justified.I never said the big price increases already at Uni and those coming like the16% on the 1 day, 2 park, wont justified, but as a whole UNI is getting expensive. Like the New 50's hotel, which no longer includes express pass for their guests.

As I have pointed out before, All companies will charge what people feel the value is.

AKK

AKK

I understand where you are coming from but me personally, I think this increase should not have been introduced until Disney at least gets a handle on the "new system". And several of the attractions you mentioned is an added cost; boats, balloon rides, horse back riding-nothing to do with park tickets. Just saying...[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, I think its really bad to do a price increase during what they are touting as a test period. If anything a discount should be given until the "test" is over.

I understand where you are coming from but me personally, I think this increase should not have been introduced until Disney at least gets a handle on the "new system". And several of the attractions you mentioned is an added cost; boats, balloon rides, horse back riding-nothing to do with park tickets. Just saying...

I totally agree, I think its really bad to do a price increase during what they are touting as a test period. If anything a discount should be given until the "test" is over.[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup2 Maybe some extra fast passes!

I totally agree, I think its really bad to do a price increase during what they are touting as a test period. If anything a discount should be given until the "test" is over.

:thumbsup2 Maybe some extra fast passes![/QUOTE]

At least the new MB commercials on TV are asking people to pay full price to "test" it out. :)

There will be more hemming and hawing when the parking garage opens. Just wait and see.

There goes Universal!

Orlando Informer just noted that Universal has raised their ticket prices too. "CONFIRMED: Universal Orlando has raised gate ticket prices as of Wednesday evening - $92 to $96 for 1-day single-park, $128 to $136 for 1-day both-parks. "

The new prices aren't online yet. Glad I bought mine this weekend!

There goes Universal!

Orlando Informer just noted that Universal has raised their ticket prices too. "CONFIRMED: Universal Orlando has raised gate ticket prices as of Wednesday evening - $92 to $96 for 1-day single-park, $128 to $136 for 1-day both-parks. "

The least shocking thing I've ever heard.

Can anyone tell me if the prices on Undercover Tourist are the with the new increase or before it? We need to get new 10 day non-expire for our trip in the fall. I don't really want to spend the money now, but if it is still a better deal than I may just bite the bullet. I hadn't really kept up to date on pricing and can't tell by just looking at it if it is just the normal discount for the. Thanks!

Confession: Honestly, I wish they would increase the prices more. I know this isn't a popular view but, what the hell, I'll just throw it out there. I'd rather see higher prices with reduced crowds. Especially during high season. Given how the parks feel on 8 / 9 / 10 days, there clearly is excess demand. Maybe another way to put this -- one more palatable for a press release -- is that I wish they would institute more variable pricing in line with crowd pressure: double ticket prices during spring break, Easter, late-May - early September, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas - New Year's. And cut them in half in low periods, e.g., January, February other than President's Day Weekend, April other than Easter, etc.. I'm being extreme with my suggestion just to illustrate a point but that's the gist.

Confession: Honestly, I wish they would increase the prices more. I know this isn't a popular view but, what the hell, I'll just throw it out there. I'd rather see higher prices with reduced crowds. Especially during high season. Given how the parks feel on 8 / 9 / 10 days, there clearly is excess demand. Maybe another way to put this -- one more palatable for a press release -- is that I wish they would institute more variable pricing in line with crowd pressure: double ticket prices during spring break, Easter, late-May - early September, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas - New Year's. And cut them in half in low periods, e.g., January, February other than President's Day Weekend, April other than Easter, etc.. I'm being extreme with my suggestion just to illustrate a point but that's the gist.

But that structure would punish familes who have children in school and really don't have much flexibility in when they can travel.
The way I see it Disney has two choices:
1. Keep hiking up prices to price certain people out and reduce crowd levels
or
2. Expand on their current land or build a whole new theme park so that the increasing number of guests are more spread out.

Any other options?

I can see the merit in Disney raising prices if it led to smaller crowds. The problem is that it would lower their hotel occupancy, which is where they're really earning the major dollars. That's why I'm a little surprised that they're still raising prices. At some point, people may go to the parks, but they're going to look for savings somewhere. FP+ may push some people to stay on-site, but others will make up for the ticket costs by either downgrading to a lower resort (i.e., Deluxe to Moderate) or staying off-site.

I wouldn't mind if the prices were higher if Disney also added new attractions. I'm not just thinking of this in terms of having fun experiences either. What it would do (especially in EPCOT and DHS) was to spread out the crowds and increase the capacity of the park. This would lessen the issues with long lines and reduce bottlenecks. If EPCOT even had one more headliner, the pressure on Test Track and Soarin' would go down significantly. It would also give FP+ a better chance to succeed.

I know that the MK is getting the Mine Train, but that park doesn't have the same issues as some of the others because they spread out the crowds with headliners all over the place. It's the others that need more capacity in order to handle the crowds. Raising prices if the money is being spent would also be a much easier sell to visitors who can see the value.

But that structure would punish familes who have children in school and really don't have much flexibility in when they can travel.
The way I see it Disney has two choices:
1. Keep hiking up prices to price certain people out and reduce crowd levels
or
2. Expand on their current land or build a whole new theme park so that the increasing number of guests are more spread out.

Any other options?

They are not raising prices to reduce crowds.

They do need to increase park capacity, but their discussion of Avatar, Star Wars and Carsland seem to move in that direction.

They are not raising prices to reduce crowds.

They do need to increase park capacity, but their discussion of Avatar, Star Wars and Carsland seem to move in that direction.

I should've been clearer in my post. It's more of an "if" they want to reduce crowds, "then" they should do this.
And it was in response to the poster who I quoted who was specifically talking about crowd management.

I should've been clearer in my post. It's more of an "if" they want to reduce crowds, "then" they should do this.
And it was in response to the poster who I quoted who was specifically talking about crowd management.

Yeah, and I wasn't really correcting you (though it appears that way). Just throwing it out there. Disney will only get concerned about crowds when they are too small, not too big. We are concerned about crowds because heavy crowds have a negative impact on our experience, but they have a positive impact on profitability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter