another ticket price increase? really?

Not being snarky back, but my husband and I spent a day at Epcot one month ago and paid NOTHING to get into the gate....he had an old ticket with a day left from 1999 that he cashed in and I cashed in my Disney Visa rewards and used those (and had a bunch left over) to cover my admission. It can be done at Disney too. Just sayin......:cool1:

Kecia

I have lots old tickets. Just not using them right now. However the total cost of the vegas rewards was zero. Didn't have to trade anything in or use points from a credit card. You truly can get no cost things with this program from Mlife properties. Just a good tip if you go back.

Hey another Floridian here.

I am taking a long hard look at Universal's program for passes and seeing a much better deal.

For example for the same price as a seasonal pass at Disney, you can get the next level up at Universal and it includes free parking. And parking fees do add up. Also it seems like Universal gives you more discounts.

It's just getting harder to justify Disney tickets.

I think Universal has a long way to go to catch up to Disney in terms of prices.

They also have a 'long' way to catch up on Disney in 'parks'!!

Thrill rides are their biggest draw.

Yes, Disney IS expensive, but it has what none other does, or the crowds would not be so over whelming.

Thanks for the Vegas tips, but not planning on going back for a long long time. My best friend is getting married IN the Grand Canyon and my husband and I are the attendants. Scored Celine tix because she just happened to actually be playing while we were out there. And I have NEVER seen Celine tix for discount. Like Disney, she can pack a full house nightly and charge people what she wants....they will pay. :)

Kecia

When I bring up Disney to people who don't come on this board, the first thing out of their mouths is Disney is so expensive, too expensive.

Does anyone think that ticket prices will have a tipping point? Or will we see annual passes skyrocket to $1000? I beginning to think that we will.

Hey another Floridian here.

I am taking a long hard look at Universal's program for passes and seeing a much better deal.

For example for the same price as a seasonal pass at Disney, you can get the next level up at Universal and it includes free parking. And parking fees do add up. Also it seems like Universal gives you more discounts.

It's just getting harder to justify Disney tickets.
Parking is included in Disney passes.

What I don't like about Universal is paying a lot more for their version of fastpass. I will be going in May to see Huey Lewis and the News though. :)

I would hope that tickets would have a stopping point for price increases, but yet I have said that for years about airfare and all of the ridiculous fees. I always tell people, I can afford Disney and have some flexibility with prices for that....it's the stupid airfare that screws us. 5 airline tix plus baggage fees is 2000+ dollars for this family. It stinks.

Kecia

When I bring up Disney to people who don't come on this board, the first thing out of their mouths is Disney is so expensive, too expensive.

Does anyone think that ticket prices will have a tipping point? Or will we see annual passes skyrocket to $1000? I beginning to think that we will.

Yes definitely, the increases seem to becoming more than once a year at a pace that far exceeds pay increases for the normal American. At some point in the next decade or so much more of the population will be virtually priced out or be limited to saving for a very long time to go.

Parking is included in Disney passes. What I don't like about Universal is paying a lot more for their version of fastpass. I will be going in May to see Huey Lewis and the News though. :)

Parking is only included in annual passes at Disney and for those staying on site. Seasonal pass holders and those off site without a regular ap pay for parking.

Liz

So if someone wants to add one day to already existing tickets...what's that gonna cost?

I have four 5 day tickets for an upcoming trip that are paid for. I was planning to add a day when I get to the parks. What will that cost? It used to be approx $10/day per ticket. Will it now be $15/day per ticket? Or will it affect the cost of the days that I already paid for? Or just the day I am adding?

Parking is only included in annual passes at Disney and for those staying on site. Seasonal pass holders and those off site without a regular ap pay for parking.

Liz

Which is exactly what Universal does. Then you have to add a heap of $$ to use their "fastpass".

I am in no way saying one is better/worse than the other.
I am saying they both find a way to attempt to suck the consumer dry before you even enter the park(s).

We use to stay onsite, but with rack prices so high ever with discount we save so much more offsite. We use to go to WDW, family of 5 at least once per year, sometimes 2 or 3 times but now we only go 1 time every 2 or 3 years because the parks cost so much and lines are ridiculously long. I have already taken my money elsewhere and my recommendations for friends and family would be the same.

I didn't read the whole post....but I thought I noticed this increase last week.

I am in the planning stages for a march/april trip and have been price checking tickets. When I received my mousesavers email last week....I clicked on the undercovertourist link and added everything to my cart ready to buy....but I noticed the price was higher then what I had been seeing on my Disney experience site. So I went back to WDW site and added tix to a cart clicked through to see price and yep...higher. So I signed in to my disney experience and the tickets I had been pricing were still in my cart......AT A VERY SIGNIFICANT PRICE DIFFERENCE.....So I clicked checkout and got them through WDW at the old price.

I thought maybe I was crazy...or screwed something up....but I kept checking all the details and it was a lower price the week before. I also thought that it would come up saying there was a price increase since I put them in my cart....but it didn't.

So maybe I wasn't nuts?

I didn't read the whole post....but I thought I noticed this increase last week.

I am in the planning stages for a march/april trip and have been price checking tickets. When I received my mousesavers email last week....I clicked on the undercovertourist link and added everything to my cart ready to buy....but I noticed the price was higher then what I had been seeing on my Disney experience site. So I went back to WDW site and added tix to a cart clicked through to see price and yep...higher. So I signed in to my disney experience and the tickets I had been pricing were still in my cart......AT A VERY SIGNIFICANT PRICE DIFFERENCE.....So I clicked checkout and got them through WDW at the old price.

I thought maybe I was crazy...or screwed something up....but I kept checking all the details and it was a lower price the week before. I also thought that it would come up saying there was a price increase since I put them in my cart....but it didn't.

So maybe I wasn't nuts?

I don't see how that is possible. People can still get the old prices on UT, so my guess is that you had a different ticket option selected there (such as hopper, WP&M, accidentally entering adult instead of child) without realizing it. UT would not have had the new prices on their site prior to Disney. There had to be a difference somewhere.

It has also been reported on various sties that UNI is raising their 1 day, 2 park tickets(which were raised once this year) by 16% when the new Harry Potter opens.

Guests at the new resort, the 50's style (which looks kinda neat!) Will not have free express/fast passes.

AKK

I don't see how that is possible. People can still get the old prices on UT, so my guess is that you had a different ticket option selected there (such as hopper, WP&M, accidentally entering adult instead of child) without realizing it. UT would not have had the new prices on their site prior to Disney. There had to be a difference somewhere.

And guess what!!!!!!!!!!! I MISSED A TICKET!!!!!!!!!! OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone has to wait outside!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Why didn't I type this out last week!!!!!!!!!!!

:blush: So embarassed....but HEY! Thanks for helping me!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter