another ticket price increase? really?

Really?
Come on peeps, prices go up on everything, Disney is a business not a non profit organization.
Bread goes up, milk goes up, gas goes up, clothing goes up. Most of those are necessities. Vacations (Disney) are for pleasure. So you save up & pay the price or choose a lesser venue.

yes that's true, prices go up on everything... here is an example

Cost of a new home: $28,300.00
Cost of a new car: $
Median Household Income: $9,028.00
Cost of a first-class stamp: $0.06 ($0.08 as of 5/16/71)
Cost of a gallon of regular gas: $0.36
Cost of a dozen eggs: $0.53
Cost of a gallon of Milk: $1.18
-----------------
Cost of a new home: $83,000.00
Median Household Income: $19,074.00
Cost of a first-class stamp: $0.15 ($0.18 as of 3/22/81; $0.20 as of 11/1/81)
Cost of a gallon of regular gas: $1.38
Cost of a dozen eggs: $0.90
Cost of a gallon of Milk: $2.22
--------------------
Cost of a new home: $147,200.00
Median Household Income: $30,126.00
Cost of a first-class stamp: $0.25 ($0.29 as of 2/3/91)
Cost of a gallon of regular gas: $1.14
Cost of a dozen eggs: $1.01
Cost of a gallon of Milk: $2.80
-----------------------
The average house costs: $218,200
The average car costs: $28,150
The average wage is: $44,670
Cost of a first-class stamp: $0.45
Cost of a gallon of regular gas: $3.97
Cost of a gallon of Milk: $3.65
1971 WDW

Magic Kingdom Theme Park opened on October 1, 1971.

Adult: $3.50 General Admission
Junior (12-17): $2.50 General Admission
Child (3-11): $1.00 General Admission

Adult: $4.50-$4.75 7 Adventure Book - contained 1 A, 1 B, 1 C, 2 D, 2 E tickets
Junior (12-17): $4.00-$4.25 7 Adventure Book
Child (3-11): $3.50-$3.75 7 Adventure Book

-------------------------------
1980 WDW
Adult: $7.00-$7.50-$8.00 General Admission (Entrance to the MK and all its free shows, exhibits and entertainment)
Junior (12-17): $6.00-$6.50-$7.00 General Admission (Entrance to the MK and all its free shows, exhibits and entertainment)
Child (3-11): $4.00-$4.50-$5.00 General Admission (Entrance to the MK and all its free shows, exhibits and entertainment)
Adult: $7.50 General Admission MKC
Junior (12-17): $6.50 General Admission MKC
Child (3-11): $4.50 General Admission MKC

Adult: $9.00-$9.50 8 Adventure ticket book - included use of Walt Disney World Transportation for one day, Magic Kingdom admission and any 8 attractions in the park.
Junior (12-17): $8.00-$8.50 8 Adventure ticket book - included use of Walt Disney World Transportation for one day, Magic Kingdom admission and any 8 attractions in the park.
Child (3-11): $7.00-$7.50 8 Adventure ticket book - included use of Walt Disney World Transportation for one day, Magic Kingdom admission and any 8 attractions in the park.

Adult: $8.75-$9.25 8 Adventure Magic Key Ticket Book (available to Magic Kingdom Club members only) included use of Walt Disney World Transportation for one day, Magic Kingdom admission and any 8 attractions in the park.
Junior (12-17): $7.75-$8.25 8 Adventure Magic Key Ticket Book (available to Magic Kingdom Club members only) included use of Walt Disney World Transportation for one day, Magic Kingdom admission and any 8 attractions in the park.
Child (3-11): $6.75-$7.25 8 Adventure Magic Key Ticket Book (available to Magic Kingdom Club members only) included use of Walt Disney World Transportation for one day, Magic Kingdom admission and any 8 attractions in the park.

Adult: $11.00-$11.50 10 Adventure ticket book - included use of Walt Disney World Transportation for one day, Magic Kingdom admission and any 10 attractions in the park.
Junior (12-17): $10.00-$10.50 10 Adventure ticket book - included use of Walt Disney World Transportation for one day, Magic Kingdom admission and any 10 attractions in the park.
Child (3-11): $9.00-$9.50 10 Adventure ticket book - included use of Walt Disney World Transportation for one day, Magic Kingdom admission and any 10 attractions in the park.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Ticket prices were increased on February 11, 1990.

Adult: $29.00-$31.00 One Day Ticket
Child (3-9): $25.00-$25.50 One Day Ticket
---------------------------------------

Disney raised ticket prices on August 5, 2010

Adult: $79-$82 1 Day Magic Your Way Base
Child (3-9): $68-$74 1 Day Magic Your Way Base
------------------------------
2014 (today)
1-Day Magic Kingdom - Adult
$99
1-Day Magic Kingdom - Child
$93
1-Day Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios or Disney's Animal Kingdom - Adult
$94

1-Day Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios or Disney's Animal Kingdom - Child
$88
:scratchin

Just got back on Tuesday! And we had a great time. Please don't try and use me to prove a point, it isn't working. Face it, not everyone hates FP+. Why can't people understand that?

Like I said, it was a sincere question. Sorry you couldn't take it that way.

It was just pointed out to me you are a teenager. Forget my earlier question. I don't expect someone that doesn't pay their own way on vacation to understand why some people are upset.

Like I said, it was a sincere question. Sorry you couldn't take it that way. It was just pointed out to me you are a teenager. Forget my earlier question. I don't expect someone that doesn't pay their own way on vacation to understand any of the angst.

One, do NOT patronise me. I am 19 years old, almost 20. That is not a teenager. I am a grown adult not a silly child.

Two, I did contribute, not that it's any of your business and helped plan it. I have a very good understanding of what a WDW vacation costs.

There was absolutely no need for this post at all.

One, do NOT patronise me. I am 19 years old, almost 20. That is not a teenager. I am a grown adult not a silly child.

Two, I did contribute, not that it's any of your business and helped plan it. I have a very good understanding of what a WDW vacation costs.

Not to split hairs, but yes, 19 is a teenager, which is what I said. :)

My guess is the next price increase will be for 'plusses' to MM+ later this year... Add park hopping for FP+ or add more FPs.

That way, they might avoid being first over the $100 barrier (even though technically they are already)

Sparkly said:

Agreed. My DD is 18 and paid her own way in January. That was quite a mean post at you. Hopefully you have thick skin.:)

Agree 100%.

Completely agree that prices go up everywhere. It is the % of the increases and the frequency that stands out. Someone on another thread had a graph showing the increases under different CEOS. The rate under Iger is skyrocketing. I think all those complaining (including me!) would sit much better with an increase once a year at an amount more in line with current inflation.

Im sure some will agree some will disagree. But, for me personally, the rate of p
rice increases does not equal the rate of improvements. And each person will have to make that decision for themselves.

Don't worry, a comment like that just proves who's the child and who's the adult.

Sparkly, if you 100% paid your own way, then I apologize.

And if she didn't pay 100%? Who are you to judge?? She is still an adult regardless of whether she paid her own way 100%. If you are old enough to vote and old enough to serve your country then you are an adult and your opinion should be respected as such!

<< Wondering when tickets to watch the DIS fights will no longer be free.

<< Wondering when tickets to watch the DIS fights will no longer be free.

:rotfl2:

No kidding! I've never come across more rude and judgemental people on any other site than those who are here on the Dis (and its not to be named counterpart). I have to believe that they are only that way on the internet, and not in their daily lives. If not, yikes!:rotfl:

And if she didn't pay 100%? Who are you to judge?? She is still an adult regardless of whether she paid her own way 100%. If you are old enough to vote and old enough to serve your country then you are an adult and your opinion should be respected as such!

Never mind, not worth it.

Good day to you, TinkerBelle. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter