Another Textbook question

dakcp2001

<font color=darkorchid>Am I wrong to want a cashie
What websites have you bought textbooks from? ANy I should avoid? TIA

I tried to use the search function, but I never have much luck with that here.

We just order books for my son for the coming semester. We were going to buy used through the university, but i went on half.com and even with 3.49 shipping, they were cheaper. Then, I ended up getting four on amazon that were new and free shipping if you spent over $25. He was going to do used and it was either the same or a better price. We did chegg.com last semester. You rent the books and then send them back at the end of the semester, but he figured if they were the same price, he could try selling them back on half.com next semester.

Leslie

I've gotten mine at Amazon.com with no problems. Much better used prices than the college bookstore.

The used bookstore near campus.

Then straight to Amazon if it's a new edition. I'm just waiting for the campus bookstore site to actually be up so I can actually figure out what this semester's damage is going to be. :rotfl:

last 2 semesters, I searched on Campusi.com (now dealoz.com) to check prices. I ended up buying from Better World Books. These were used books, not new, but they do have new, too.

I always used half. com or bigwords.com. Bigwords, will search various sites and post all the prices at each site. Also, if you know it is not a textbook you want to keep and you don't highlight, many college libraries have textbooks you can check out. I did this with some of the classes I knew I wouldn't keep the book and just renewed them through the library. If the library doesn't have it, look at inter-library loans.

HTH. Christina

I've had excellent luck with barnesandnoble.com. I'm a member and have a credit card. I always get free shipping and have a coupon for an extra $10 off or $15 off (or 15% off), plus I get a 5% credit on my bill. I got two new books this semester for less than I'd pay for the books used on other sites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter