Another Target Disney find - clearance!!

Ratpack

WL VET
DVC Gold
Went to Target last night just to browse (love Target over the US job eliminating Wal-mart) and just happened upon Disney picture frames marked down on clearance. These are nice metal frames with silhouettes of Mickey and Minnie. They also had book ends. Had to grab one of each type, I think there were 4 types. So hurry on over and get yours today!

Sorry, left that part out, there were 4 types and 3 of them were $3.98 and the other was, I think, $4.98.

I picked those the other day. we had just one left though so I grabbed it (this was saturday) $3.98. good deal and it is a nice frame! great for a disney pic! the target here in CT had a bunch of the motorola's left in both princess and mickey ones for $20.98 but I have to tell you they were on sale at xmas for $18 and I grabbed one then. a lot of the disney electronic is on clearance at my tar-j. I love that place!!

Thanks ratpack! I'll be checking this out tomorrow!! ::yes::

Originally posted by Ratpack
Went to Target last night just to browse (love Target over the US job eliminating Wal-mart)

Yeah! Someone else who loves Target and avoids Walmart!! I will go anywhere but Walmart, even if it costs me a few more dollars.

I prefer Target as well, just because it is a more pleasant shopping experience than Walmart, but it sounds as though some of you have deeper rooted issues with Walmart. Anyone care to elaborate? (Don't mean to turn this into a debate thread, just curious...)

I just have a hard time going into a store that praises itself on customer service and I can never get someone to help. Or even be polite while helping. The stores are always dirty.

Our local store, as well as the one that is near my mother, has gone to where you have to get your own bags and load them in your own cart. They are also heavily pushing the "self-checkout" stations. I have used them and know how to use them. But you still have to have assistance for a million different things. I bought a DVD, I had to have someone come to verify I was over the age of 16. It refuses to let you take things off the scale, but some items don't fit well in the bags, etc. There are a million other reasons.

I find it funny that they are getting the checkers to push customers to use the self-checkout stations too. Don't they realize that soon, they will all be self-checkouts and they will be out of a job?

My father used to work for the company as a meat cutter. They are pushing for all stores to carry pre-packaged meat. None of the meat will be cut on site. So, they claim to have fresh meat, but how fresh can it be? It is slaughtered, processed, packaged and then trucked to the locations.

I guess I would prefer to pay more for polite help, clean environment, etc.

Just my opinion, I'm sure there are those that love Walmart. To each his own.

Man! I'll have to check that out... EVEN though I bought them at regular price (the full collection!) during Christmas time!!!

I, too, am a Target lover. Nicer stuff, cleaner, more open aisles, and GREAT clearances! What more could a person ask for.
I avoid Wal-Mart as much as possible since they put the little man out of business. When Wal-Mart quit taking purchase orders from our district schools- that was all it took to lose me as a customer.

LOVE Target's clearances! I can't stand the fact that any Walmart I go to always has a full parking lot, tight aisles, and I can never find anyone if I need assistance. (As in, "please ask for assistance with items on the top shelves.") :rolleyes:

Of course, now I must know if mine is the only family that calls Target "Tar-zhay". ;)

oh no, you are not alone there, we all call it tar-zhay too (or tar-j) - makes us feel classy. the best clearances I have ever seen. I live close to one and have to usually occupy 45 minute sof my time when my dd is in ccd or tap and jazz. so that means I am at tar j 3 times a week - easy. I was there again today. every time my bf asks where I am going he says let me guess, tar j? he is not stupid. glad he has an understanding of what is important. I even saw some grills on clearance today. in april. before the CT grilling season!!!

I agree that Target is a much more enjoyable shopping experience compared to Wal*Mart. Target is cleaner, it does not have pallets in the middle of the isles, there is no background music and best of all, since the employees carry walkie-talkies, there is never anyone screaming over the intercom telling housewares to come to the courtesy desk to pick up their returns! It is truly worth the minimal amount of extra money we spend to shop at Target.

our stores are clean, they are usually well stocked and employees are friendly. If lines start getting long, staff members arrive to open new registers. Even during Xmas, the lines were very reasonable.

Lines at Walmart are always long. Things may be a bit cheaper, but I've decided it isn't worth my aggravation. I've been back once in the last year, and it reminded me why I don't shop there.

And who can beat the great clearance aisles at Target!!!

After having said all this, I will say that my sister always shops Walmart. She is on an extremely tight, tight budget, and to her, the savings DO matter. In fact, I now get her a gift card to Walmart for birthdays and Xmas, so she can treat herself.

Julia

This isnt Disney related however we did just get a cute Spongebob 13" TV with VCR on clearance for $69.88. THAT is a great deal. I love their clearances too.

BIG TIME Target clearance shopper here. I love the clearance there. Today I picked up wrapping paper I needed for .98 each(75%) and a Bratz doll for 3.24(75%). I belong to a coupon/deal board and we have a post just for the latest Target clearance every day.

Anyway, they are also starting to clearance some Disney snowglobes and Disney banks. I know when it comes to the banks I saw Snow White, Puumba and Cinderella. Didn't look that closely because I rarely buy higher than 75% and they are 30%. These were on endcaps near wrapping paper/cards in my store. Though ours were still 30%, they have some kids towel and washcloth sets that are 75%(2.24) in some areas of the country. They have Pooh along with Strawberry Shortcake and some others.

A tip for Target clearance, unless it's marked 75%, always scan. Lots of times they are marked incorrectly. If the item scans 0.00 or "item not found" always find an employee and ask them to use an LRT(scan gun) to check the last price. Many times this is an old clearance that is no longer in the system and you will get it at 75%+. Easter starts clearancing 50% Monday and will go 75% and then 90%. Most of what my DD is getting from the Easter Bunny this year is 75% and 90% from Target last year.

Hi Mom2Mira,
I love shopping at Target and other stores to get a deal. Can you shar the site for the coupon/deal boards. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

I'm another Target fan and I'm the local Queen of the Endcap Sweep. I hardly ever go up and down aisles, I just do a sweep of the endcaps where they put the bulk of their clearance. :)

I love Target too. I get almost ALL of my kids clothes from there. Much nicer quality than WallMart. My DH refuses to go to WallMart and I don't really like it either now that we have Tar-zhay and YES we call it that too!

I need to be better about checking out the clearance stuff. I do get the kids clothes on clearance but never paid attention to much else! I'll start looking for it from now on!

WDWO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter