• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another stroller thread

TxYates

Earning My Ears
DD will turn 7 at Disney and she is quite petite. I don't want to bring a stroller but she does have anxiety and mild sensory processing disorder so I am on the fence. On one hand, she might need it for Epcot or to sit during the parade (she hates sitting on concrete or rough surfaces and I can forsee issues. On the other hand, I don't want to bring a stroller and have her see it and want it everyday.

I thought about buying The First Years Ignite stroller (it goes up to 50lbs, DD is 43) for $50 and just leaving it at the resort or giving it to a family there? I figure it's a cheaper alternative than renting a few days.

Thoughts? Anyone have similar experiences?

I would definately take a stroller (more so since for the sensory and aniexty)... The ignite stroller is a great option! I would also take a small towel or blanket to drape over the hood to create a "hide out" if she gets over whelmed!!!! Disney is great at stimulation!!!

Would can park it in an area and leave it for a few hours if you end up not needing it, or leave it in the hotel or trunk and retrieve it if you need it. Better than needed it an being stuck without.

Baby care centers are also great resources if you need to have her take a break from the stimulation.

I would definitely bring her a stroller. You can always "park it" for a while and then go and get it when needed if you are worried she will want to ride the whole time.

The baby care centers are a perfect place to get away from the crowds to have some "down time." Definitely check them out. Each park has one!

Thank you so much. She is doing much better with medication but it's the "what ifs" that I worry about; I hate for her to have a meltdown at the happiest place on earth. We are staying at the Contemporary so if all else fails we can run back to the room to grab it as well.

I was going to use our old Maclaren Quest but I gave it to my SIL and she can't find it so I'll have to get something and the Ignite looks like it is the most comparable without the hefty price tag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter