• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Stroller Ques...1 or 2??

4MacFam

Earning My Ears
How easy (or difficult) is it to get around with a double stroller in WDW? I was considering maybe 2 singles? We're 64 days out...I'm so excited!!! It's my first time with two babies(2 and 11 mo)! I was last there in 2000!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Let me preface this with info that I have twins and have never owned a single stroller, only doubles.

Last year my considerations for 2 singles vs 1 double were:

2 singles are easier to maneuver
2 singles seem more compact on buses
2 singles allow the kids to get physically away from each other when they are annoying each other

1 double isn't so big and bulky it's hard to get around.
1 double when it's folded is a bit burdensome, but maybe so is juggling 2 singles with only 2 hands?

Here is why we picked a double:

1 double allows one parent to easily travel with 2 kids. Not only in cases of one person going and grabbing some food, but, in cases of one parent going by themselves somewhere. We didn't plan to need this feature, but, sure enough, after spending 8 days in the cesspool that is WDW my husband had to go to the ER and tested positive for Influenza. On that day, because I had the double, I was able to go to a park and enjoy it.

Grandparents here...we've used a double stroller (rented) twice in the past 6 months for twin 2 year old grandsons and found it very easy to use in the parks. We hadn't used a stroller in years and yet we found this easy. It folded easy for getting on the buses, and it was extremely easy to push through the parks. We rented a City mIni double if that makes any difference.

Thank you so much for your insight! It'a the little things that can turn into big problems on a vacation! Was worried about all the folding and unfolding and storage! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

How easy (or difficult) is it to get around with a double stroller in WDW? I was considering maybe 2 singles? We're 64 days out...I'm so excited!!! It's my first time with two babies(2 and 11 mo)! I was last there in 2000! Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I think as long as you're not planning to use a huge double stroller you'll be fine. I've seen quite a few bob duallies here (a very large double jogging stroller) and I can't imagine fitting that into any stores or taking it onto the buses since it's so heavy and bulky. A lady had a single bob on the monorail and she was having a hard time getting it to fit with our double city mini that was already on. Even once she got it on it was pressed against our stroller and the wheel was against the other seat. There would have no way a double would have fit next to the city mini but I'm pretty sure another small double would have fit without any issues.

It's also nice to have a double for when one parent is with both kids. We have an older son as well as two little ones so while one of us goes on a ride the other one waits with the little ones.

Double for us with a 2 yo and 7 mo. Dh and I are the only adults going, and we have 2 older kids as well, so our reasoning is that one of us can stay with the big kids while the other takes the littles, whether it be back to the resort, for a diaper change, whatever. Also, I love the recline and shade on my city mini gt, and it wheels like a dream. I can push the double with one hand and hold my coffee with the other. With my maclaren single, I always end up spilling!

I have 3 kids and have always used a double (one has to walk...he is 8).

I like the double incase I am ever alone with the stroller, I can walk and meet up with my mom if we ever get separated or go in different directions.

WAY easier in terms of staying together while exiting the park after the fireworks....

I usually rent from one of the stroller companies...as my kids are fine walking through the airport.

We have triplets so we used a double and a single last time. I'd recommend the double - it's worth it to have one adult free if needed and you can always switch off once in a while. I had no problem moving around the park even though it was very crowded. I think it's totally worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter