Another steak question...

sblogs01

Earning My Ears
We have res for LC and yacht - can anybody give me an idea of quality comparison? We have had the luxury of being able to enjoy dinners at Ruth's Chris and Morton's- are either of these dw locations in the ball park as our fave steakhouses or are we looking at a nice yet not as tasty?

Your favorite places serve "Prime" graded meat. Neither LC nor YSH are even close. LC is much closer to a chain like Outback or Texas Roadhouse. Yachtsman is a step above that, like a steakhouse in a nice hotel. Shula's compares favorably to Morton's, but I think that Ruth's Chris beats them all. Shula's serves what it calls "Shula's Cut" grade meat which is apparently a high grade of Angus. This is below "Prime", but it seems about the same as Morton's, but less than RC's, at least to me.

Last year I was pool hoping at SAB..:thumbsup2...before I left, I went by YC, before they opened at 4:00 and they have beef sides hanging in a window. I asked a cook as they have some sort of open kitchen. I said what grade of beef do you serve. I was told ribeyes, etc. I asked to speak to the chef. I was told that WDW gets all the beef regardless of the restaurant from same place. Assured me it was a high end, but admitted to being "CHOICE". He said each restaurant prepares in different ways according to the chef and he is able to age in the cooler and that even though all wdw beef is the same, the steak at YC is best on property. I did not eat there but would if I was staying at the hotel. But it would not compare to RC. Btw, I have had a great prime rib at turf club at SSR.

I posted this elsewhere, but it is worth repeating: Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria (very close to Epcot, in the Bonnet Creek resort area) has outstanding steaks. All of them are USDA Prime, including a 45-day dry aged strip and a 32-day dry-aged tomahawk for two. I'd rank B&B in the upper echelon (similar to Mastro's in CA, AZ, NV and IL)...a notch below places like Wolfgang Puck's CUT; but ahead of nationwide steakhouses like Shula's, Morton's, Ruth's Chris, Capital Grille, etc.

It is well worth the VERY short drive or cab ride. Not a place for "park attire" but no strict dress code like Victoria & Albert's. Pricing is similar to Shula's and YSH. They don't participate in TiW or DDP, however.

To answer the question--no, neither LC nor YSH come close.
YSH is "closer" than LC, but at WDW itself, only Shulas can compare with the higher end steakhouses.

Thank you thank you thank you for all the responses! So glad not to be going in with unreasonable expectations

Last year I was pool hoping at SAB..:thumbsup2...before I left, I went by YC, before they opened at 4:00 and they have beef sides hanging in a window. I asked a cook as they have some sort of open kitchen. I said what grade of beef do you serve. I was told ribeyes, etc. I asked to speak to the chef. I was told that WDW gets all the beef regardless of the restaurant from same place. Assured me it was a high end, but admitted to being "CHOICE". SSR.

we got there a few minutes before reservation & asked the same questions, got same answers. our meals were good. i would pick the Yachtscman over LC. I still found LC comparable to Outback.

IMG_0515_zpsd3c828e9.jpg

IMG_0520_zpse1feecda.jpg

IMG_0521_zpsbdd43b7e.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter