Another spectator bus question

Koda

DIS Veteran
I am running the 1/2, and am in corral B. Depending on how many character/photo stops I make, I figure that I will be done running between 8:15-8:30.

My DH and DD want to see me at the finish line, but I don't want them to have to leave CBR at 3:30 when I do. I know that the buses to Epcot do not run between 5:00-7:00, but are there buses going to the MK and/or TTC during those times?

If so, they could catch a bus at 6:00 to TTC, and then monorail it to Epcot, and be there in plenty of time to see me cross the finish line.

Thanks for the info!

First a little general information for buses on half marathon morning….

Marathon buses run from 2-5 then resume at 7 through the end of the race day. They run from all resorts to Epcot.

Disney buses will run per their normal schedules. That means about an hour before the park opens; 0800 for both MK and Epcot as they both open at 0900 on Saturday.

If you are finishing around 0800, your crew should be good to go leaving on the first bus after they resume service near 0700. It may be a little tight, but it’s an hour after marathon buses resume service. If that is too close, then there is a taxi or drive option where they may be able to get to Epcot a little earlier; though not much earlier as the road that they would be required to use for arriving into Epcot cannot open until the start line structure is removed from the roadway. That is the main reason for the gap in bus service.

I hope I answered your questions.

What is the best way for family to get to the TTC from SSR. I don't want my wife and 2 year old to have to get up with me. (not that they would anyways) but I would like them to see me more then just at the finish line. Or should I just send them to the finish line so they don't miss it. We have a car if that makes a difference?

It will be difficult to get to TTC in time to see you there. Their best bet would be to head to the finish. You will pass TTC around 6:20. It would be difficult to drive to MK parking, hike to the TTC so they would be saving much time.

If they do decide to drive, the path to MK parking is an alternative path. Left out of SSR towards OKW. RIght on Bonnet Creek to wards POR and all the way up to Vista. Then right on World Dr and left into MK parking through a side gate. What will be difficult is getting the car back out during the race. I would think exiting would be the reverse., exit the emergency gate entered, south to Vista then south on Bonnet Creek. At Vacation Way, turn right onto Epcot Dr and head into Epcot Parking (assuming it is open), or left back to the resort.

Not sure if I helped...

It will be difficult to get to TTC in time to see you there. Their best bet would be to head to the finish. You will pass TTC around 6:20. It would be difficult to drive to MK parking, hike to the TTC so they would be saving much time.

If they do decide to drive, the path to MK parking is an alternative path. Left out of SSR towards OKW. RIght on Bonnet Creek to wards POR and all the way up to Vista. Then right on World Dr and left into MK parking through a side gate. What will be difficult is getting the car back out during the race. I would think exiting would be the reverse., exit the emergency gate entered, south to Vista then south on Bonnet Creek. At Vacation Way, turn right onto Epcot Dr and head into Epcot Parking (assuming it is open), or left back to the resort.

Not sure if I helped...

Could they drive and just leave the car there until later in the day? Im thinking it might not be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter