Another shoe question...

MBeds

<font color=FF99FF>A mini-tag is better than no ta
Hi everyone!

I was interested in getting a pair of gym shoes but noticed that they only come in medium width.. i need a wide...the same shoe is available in men's...i'm assuming that would be wider...what is the rule for women ordering a mans shoe size...for example, a women's size 10 would be a man's size what??

thank you very much!
MBeds

I don't know how men's sizes compare to women's, but there are several brands of sneakers that make a wide witdth. Nike and Naturalizer do and there may be others.

I also need a wide width, New Balance make a number of wide widths. I just bought a brand new pair of Saucony and while they weren't a D width they fit wide and are really comfortable.

To answer your question I believe the Man's equiv. would be an 8.

Have you tried on any Nike's???

I myself have a very wide foot, and when I can't find any wide widths that I like, I always have luck with medium Nike's. They seem to be wider in general.

Good Luck!

Oh, I wanted to add also.....Advice I got from a "shoe expert"...

Men's feet tend to be wider in the heel, so women generally end up with too much room in the heel of men's sneakers, causing them to slide around a bit and that makes for unstable ankles.

So, I would make sure a men's fit snug in the heel too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter