Another Resort Question...POR vs WL

Tikitoi

DIS Veteran
We are booked at WL right now. But I am thinking that POR would suit us better, because there are 2 groups both single moms, with older sons and then younger dd's. So, POR would suit us better because if we stay in Alligator Bayou, we will get the trundle beds. But I'm just not sure about going from a deluxe to a moderate resort. Here's my question; as far as the trundle beds, since they are pullout beds basically, are they big enough for kids who are 4 feet and 4.5 feet tall? Do these get in the way, if you go to get out of the full size bed (since they are not like the "extra" beds at Poly and BWI)? Maybe if I could see a picture of the trundle I could better decide. I just don't want to make a bad decision by switching from WL to POR. Also financially it would be better for my sister who is coming. POR never really appealed to me, but I would be willing to switch, if I can be sure it is the right decision. Besides no private balconies, what are the major differences between deluxe and mod resorts? One last question, does POR have the "polished" look such as WL? Thanks for any ideas. popcorn::

Just be aware, unless you have 5 people in a room, you are not guaranteed the Bayou. You may get the mansions with 2 full sized beds and no trundle. WL does have bunkbed rooms that are a guaranteed upgrade.

I'm in the same boat as you -- we've booked WL, but my DH wants to switch to POR (to save a bunch of $). I'm just worried the POR won't be as nice, room-wise, pool-wise -- also worried about transportation since we won't be renting a car. I read that the bus is shared with POFQ and some rooms at POR are a hike to the bus stops, so that adds time on your trips to/from the parks. Leaning towards staying at WL...I'll be curious to hear what you decide. Good luck!! :)

Christy

I'm in the same boat as you -- we've booked WL, but my DH wants to switch to POR (to save a bunch of $). I'm just worried the POR won't be as nice, room-wise, pool-wise -- also worried about transportation since we won't be renting a car. I read that the bus is shared with POFQ and some rooms at POR are a hike to the bus stops, so that adds time on your trips to/from the parks. Leaning towards staying at WL...I'll be curious to hear what you decide. Good luck!! :)

Christy

The rooms aren't a hike to the bus stops. But the main building can be. Also, since the bus stops at POFQ first, it can be quite full by the time it reaches the last stop at POR. On the other hand, the bus stop at WL can also be a hike from some of the rooms. I wouldn't base my resort choice on Disney transportation. It's hit or miss at any resort.

We stayed in Alligator Bayou last April. We needed to save some money so decided on a moderate (and needed one to fit 5). The trundles are small - both lengthwise as well as width. I'm not sure it would be big enough for someone 4 - 4 1/2 feet tall.

That being said, while we thought POR was fine, it just wasn't for us. We didn't like the detached buildings and much prefer to be in an "inside" hotel, meaning the rooms are only accessible from the lobby and not from the outside.

The grounds are lovely, the pool was fine, but the rooms were a bit cramped for us and it just didn't compare to the time we stayed at the YC. If I were you, I'd stick with WL. We left thinking we'd rather splurge the few hundred more for a deluxe next time. We only visit Disney every few years so we've decided it's worth the extra money to stay where we like best.:)

Good luck and have fun!

We have debated moderate vs deluxe and deluxe always wins. We love WL and are returning to AKL this year thanks to a pin code. I prefer the ambience, the dining options, geez, I guess everything. As I once said to a fellow stroller lugger "we didn't come here to save money". Don't waste your $$, but if you don't enjoy the trip isn't that a waste?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter