• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Reason to be Wary of Rouge

papertraveller

DIS Veteran
We haven't even set foot on a plane yet, and I'm not impressed.

Booked a return flight from MCO with them, and selected and paid for $15 apiece for seats when I booked.

On reflection and after reading such horrendous reviews of the Rouge seat squeeze, I decided I should upgrade DH so he has more legroom. Website says the seats are $40.

But when you go to make the change, your $15 doesn't get credited against the $40. You have to pay again!

I called to see if this was just something that I couldn't do on the website and I was told by the customer service agent that my "mistake" was in buying the wrong seat when I booked. He said they do not issue any refunds, and so the system is not capable of doing a credit.

Not happy, but I also fear that if DH is stuck in the regular seat, he'll be miserable.

So a word to the wise: don't make my "mistake"!

Last edited:
We haven't even set foot on a plane yet, and I'm not impressed.

Booked a return flight from MCO with them, and selected and paid for $15 apiece for seats when I booked.

On reflection and after reading such horrendous reviews of the Rouge seat squeeze, I decided I should upgrade DH so he has more legroom. Website says the seats at $40.

But when you go to make the change, your $15 doesn't get credited against the $40. You have to pay again!

I called to see if this was just something that I couldn't do on the website and I was told by the customer service agent that my "mistake" was in buying the wrong seat when I booked. He said they do not issue any refunds, and so the system is not capable of doing a credit.

Not happy, but I also fear that if DH is stuck in the regular seat, he'll be miserable.

So a word to the wise: don't make my "mistake"!

Well, if your DH upgrades to Premium Rouge, he doesn't have to pay for checked luggage. If you are still in an economy seat, get your DH to put his luggage tag on your bag so he can check both for no charge. Feel better now? :rolleyes:

I would call back and try again. I had the same concerns about legroom and decided to upgrade on my YYZ to MCO trip next week. They refunded me the $15 and then charged me the $40 upgrade. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter