Another ? re: SW boarding passes

vicb

DIS Veteran
Never flown SW, been reading tons of threads to figure it all out. Still have a ? about boarding passes. If I do internet check in at 12:01 am and get an "A" boarding pass, will it be all the way thru... what I mean is if I have to change plans enroute to MCO does the "A" boarding pass cover both legs of the flight?

BTW, anyone changed SW planes at Chicago Midway or St. Louis airports? How was that?

Thank you! :)

Do you have two different flight numbers? If so, I assume you have to check in twice, once under each number. If that's the case you can just check in for both flights at 12:01. I'm not sure though, so a call to 1-800-435-9792 might be in order. I always find them to be very helpful.

You will have to check in separately for each leg of your flight.
Barb

You can get boarding passes for ALL legs of your trip. When Southwest first came out with Online Check-in, you could only get a boarding pass for your first flight. About a year ago, or so, they upgraded their online check-in so you can get boarding passes for all flights on a trip. Check here http://www.southwest.com/help/online_checkin.html for details.

I haven't changed planes in Midway since they've re-done it, but St. Louis is very simple to change in. All of the Southwest gates are in the E Concourse and it would probably be a 5 minute walk from one end to the next if your gates happened to be at each far end of the concourse. The E Concourse has a Chili's for sit-down and a couple of other counter service places to get food if you need a meal while you're there.

gw_lit said:
You can get boarding passes for ALL legs of your trip. When Southwest first came out with Online Check-in, you could only get a boarding pass for your first flight. About a year ago, or so, they upgraded their online check-in so you can get boarding passes for all flights on a trip. Check here http://www.southwest.com/help/online_checkin.html for details.

I haven't changed planes in Midway since they've re-done it, but St. Louis is very simple to change in. All of the Southwest gates are in the E Concourse and it would probably be a 5 minute walk from one end to the next if your gates happened to be at each far end of the concourse. The E Concourse has a Chili's for sit-down and a couple of other counter service places to get food if you need a meal while you're there.

Thank you for the info. I looked at the website link, I see that if you have a "youth" fare you can't use internet check in. Guess we'll spring for the adult fares, I read on another thread the price difference isn't too much.

:flower:

We got $59 one way tickets and when I called about the youth fares, SW told me that it would be cheaper to go with the "internet special". We are flying out of St Louis and gw_lit is correct about the Concourse.

vicb said:
Thank you for the info. I looked at the website link, I see that if you have a "youth" fare you can't use internet check in. Guess we'll spring for the adult fares, I read on another thread the price difference isn't too much.

:flower:

The youth fare is generally 50% off the most expensive, unrestricted ticket. You can almost always do better by purchasing an "Internet" fare as mrsavee8r posted. About the only time the youth fare is a bargain is if you're purchasing at the last minute (within 7 days of your flight) and the only fare available is the expensive, unrestricted fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter