Another Question About Moderates

milw217

Earning My Ears
I am planning on going to WDW in mid-August with my girlfriend. We are planning at staying at a moderate resort, but unsure of which one. I've read alot of the threads and it seems as though POR seems to be a favorite of alot of people. We are leaning towards POR and POFQ, but just thought maybe for a couple that one of the others would be a little better. I'm a little leary of staying at CBR because of the construction to the main pool. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!!

I think you will be very happy with POFQ, it can be a very romantic place! :love:

They have pretty gardens and there is a lounge there for evening adult beverages called Scat Cat's Lounge. Also, there is a boat ride to Downtown Disney that we liked as well.

You will have a great time!

I have stayed at PO-Riverside (both sides) and I liked it. But, my DH and I just stayed at Coronado Springs this past September and LOVED it! The grounds were beautiful, the food court was very good and we just enjoyed our stay a lot. We do not visit the pools, but the main pool was very quiet and deserted most of the time. And then they have quiet pools at each of the sections, too. Our room was right over the Casitas pool, which was very nice.

Thanks for the welcome, this is a great site, although we almost had our minds made up until I started reading about the other resorts LOL. Something I didn't mention also is that we will definitely be looking for some entertainment at night. We are in our mid 20's if that helps anyone with suggestions. Thanks again!!

Honestly you can't go wrong no matter where you stay. With that being said I would lean away from CBR only because of the pool rehab, unless you do not plan on swimming.

Also may I suggest that if possible you may want to push your dates out to take advantage of the Free Dining.

I would vote for POR. It will always be a place that we know if there were no rooms available at the POLY, we would NEVER have a problem staying there.

We are actually booked for Nov 28 - Dec 7 at POR. The older we have gotten and quite honestly, we can now afford the POLY, it has become our favorite resort.

However, we always try and get to the River Roost once a trip and go see Piano Man Bob Jackson. He is a blast. Alot of fun.

If you stay at POR or POFQ, dont forget, DTD West Side is a boat ride away for you if you are looking for night time entertainment.

DW is 37 and I am 43. So we are past the DTD West Side stage of our lives. You may enjoy it.

KG

CBR is a beautiful resort. They are building a new pool complex. You don't hear any noise and the food courtyard and bar are still open.

You can see the construction photos in the first post of the CBR FAQ thread. Link is listed below.

The CSR has a new lounge, the Rix. If you look up Buzz2001's Coronoado Website Fact Sheet, it has all kinds of information on it. I believe there is live music on certain days.

My vote too would be Coronado, it's my favorite and if my husband and I got to go on "our own" we would definitely stay there.

We are leaning towards POR and POFQ, but just thought maybe for a couple that one of the others would be a little better. I'm a little leary of staying at CBR because of the construction to the main pool. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!!
For a couple, CSR has live entertainment at the new Rix Lounge. It also has a spa, fitness center and salon. It's a very romantic resort. Check out buzz2001's CSR website. http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1810918

My sister stayed at POFQ and said that she was able to rent some kind of boat and drive it to the DTD area. Does anyone have more info on this like the price or what kind of boats there are? Also, is the only transportation to an from the theme parks via the buses? I've seen some other resorts are within walking distance of Epcot and some have a boat that goes to MK. This will be my 6th trip to WDW, but only the 2nd time I've stayed on property. Last time was at AS Music and I enjoyed it, but we're just looking to move up the scale as far as hotels. Sorry for the loaded question here.

The only place within walking distance to POFQ is POR, you'll need to take a Disney bus (or your own car) for any of the theme parks.

You can indeed hire boats which you pilot all the way down to the DTD area, but if you plan to stop there for a while you'd be better taking the free ferry. The details and rates for recreational boat hire at POR/POFQ are here: www.portorleans.org/?sub_rec_rentals.htm

Andre

im also going with my boyfriend in the end of august (labor day to be exact) taking advantage of free dining...he calls it an extended long weekend...8 days is more than an extended long weekend hahaha..and we are in the same age range as yu ( im 24 hes 28) i finally picked POR ( i wanted POFQ but they didnt have the free dining package) and reuqested a mansion room. (boyfriend thinks we are staying at POP so its a cool suprise) anyways back to the moderate resorts. i think POR would be a good choice for you. the resort looks beauutiful and believe me i have seen photos and videos and slide shows...the boat to DTD is a plus...buses to every other park. you can rent the searaycers here and go around the resort and the waterway to DTD. you can also rent kayaks and bikes and you can go on a carriage ride around the resort. if you want to try and make it romantic either try FQ or request a mansion room at riverside. both riverside and french quarter have lounges so thats a plus...again there is a boat to DTD (stops at 11 so you would just take the bus back) i have stayed at CBR 2 times now and i do like it, but i think the grounds on POR look much nicer...also pools ...both POR and POFQ seem to have very nice pools...and POR has 4 quiet pools...FQ has none...CBR has a bunch but now has mini slides put in on them...which means not so quiet anymore ...never been to CSR so i cant comment....but i would totally go for POR or POFQ!!!

With the kids, I did love CSR slightly more than POR, but for a couples trip, I think I would vote POR... romantic and boat to DTD. Have fun!

CSR! Better pool, transportation and food options, Check out my CSR website below for pics and info.

2ufyjuw.jpg

5c0myo.jpg

Woo hoo, my first post! I've been a lurker for a long time, but finally decided to join the madness. ;)

POR is a very romantic resort, as is POFQ. We've stayed at POR and walking around the paths was very quiet and peaceful.

If you're looking for nightlife, you can take the ferry to DTD, which has anything you could possibly want. :)

Have fun on your trip! :goodvibes

I also think POR is perfect for couples or families. It may be my imagination but I think that more people with small children end up at CBR. Lots of couples at POFQ!

My sister stayed at POFQ and said that she was able to rent some kind of boat and drive it to the DTD area. Does anyone have more info on this like the price or what kind of boats there are? Also, is the only transportation to an from the theme parks via the buses? I've seen some other resorts are within walking distance of Epcot and some have a boat that goes to MK. This will be my 6th trip to WDW, but only the 2nd time I've stayed on property. Last time was at AS Music and I enjoyed it, but we're just looking to move up the scale as far as hotels. Sorry for the loaded question here.

The resorts within walking distance of EPCOT are deluxe resorts: YC/BC, BWI and Swan/Dolphin. There also are Friendship boats that service each of these resorts when the feet are complaining! :)

Another deluxe resort, WL, has boat service to MK. I believe there also are boats to CR, GF and the Poly, but don't quote me on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter