Another question about military salute tickets

NaeNae

DIS Veteran
Here is the scenario: There are 10 of us going. Five adults and five kids for 8 days total!
DH is retired military and DD's husband is a reservist, but not coming on the trip.
My understanding is DH can get a total of 12 tickets and DD can get a total of 12.(neither have used any tickets in the current promotion) DH will get 6 tickets with park hopper and water parks and DD will get 4 of the same. That will give us 10 tickets with 4 days of parks and 4 days of water parks. We will need to buy a total of 10 additional tickets that will be park hoppers only. That way if we want to go to a water park part of a day and then to a park we will have enough tickets to get us through all 8 days.

My question is: Are DH and DD only able to activate 6 tickets each in a 7 day period or do they just have to be activated on separate days (ie: activate one set on Fri and another set on Sat)?

We had this all figured out until DS and his family decided at the last minute to come with us, increasing our total number of people to 10.

You're going to get two answers. Officially, what I have seen written is 6 tickets activated in a week's time per Military member, or 5 activated by spouse per week. Cheshire Figment's Ticket Sticky doesn't say that. CF says you could activate six(five) tickets at one time... and nothing about a time frame in-between activations. Since CF is a Disney ticketing employee, "feet on the ground" so to speak, I tend to give his info much credence as to what actually takes place at WDW ticketing outlets.

Here's CF's post regarding Salute tickets: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=29574052&postcount=17

You do need to realize that your DD can only get 10 tickets total since her DH will not be there. In order to get the full amount, one ticket must be used by the service member.

You can only activate a total of 6 per week. If you activate 6 on Friday, you will have to wait until the following Friday to activate 6 more.

Only 1 has to be for the service member, so your DD could get 11, but she will only be able to activate 6 per 7 day period, as will your husband.

Have you looked at other options of the Shades of Green website? They have the Stars and Stripes tickets that include park hopper and waterparks. Then then have the regular MYW tickets that you can purchase at you ITT/MWR office or Shades tax free.

I don't know when you're going, but the last day that the current Armed Forces Salute tickets are good is 9/30/2012, they have not yet extended/changed the program for 2013.

You do need to realize that your DD can only get 10 tickets total since her DH will not be there. In order to get the full amount, one ticket must be used by the service member.

You can only activate a total of 6 per week. If you activate 6 on Friday, you will have to wait until the following Friday to activate 6 more.

Only 1 has to be for the service member, so your DD could get 11, but she will only be able to activate 6 per 7 day period, as will your husband.

Have you looked at other options of the Shades of Green website? They have the Stars and Stripes tickets that include park hopper and waterparks. Then then have the regular MYW tickets that you can purchase at you ITT/MWR office or Shades tax free.

I don't know when you're going, but the last day that the current Armed Forces Salute tickets are good is 9/30/2012, they have not yet extended/changed the program for 2013.

^^^^^ yes what they said::yes:::thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter