Another price increase on alcohol tastings

I'm a little bit perplexed right now. I have two people booked for a mixology tasting, I booked them each as singles at different times because I've been hunting the sold out tastings. One of the bookings is listed at $40 and the other at $45. Pretty confusing. Did the price go up in the week it took me to find the second open slot?

One of the bookings is listed at $40 and the other at $45. Pretty confusing. Did the price go up in the week it took me to find the second open slot?
Yes, if the price just went up, it is possible that the increase occurred between the time you booked the first and second slot. Last year, the prices for tastings on a cruise I had booked rose between platinum and silver booking dates.

As far as I can tell, when prices increase, they take effect for new bookings only. So any time there is an increase, it will affect some passengers who book in the future and not affect other passengers who have already booked.

Yes, if the price just went up, it is possible that the increase occurred between the time you booked the first and second slot. Last year, the prices for tastings on a cruise I had booked rose between platinum and silver booking dates.

As far as I can tell, when prices increase, they take effect for new bookings only. So any time there is an increase, it will affect some passengers who book in the future and not affect other passengers who have already booked.

Yes, we experienced this. Prices went up after we booked, but our prices stayed the same.

At the end of the day it's all supply and demand. These are very popular and sell out quickly. Even with the new increase I suspect they will still sell out quickly. DCL is definitely maximizing profit where possible. I get it, but it still is a bummer.

I know we had hoped on doing some tastings for our spring 2024 cruise on the Dream, but I’m also strongly considering taking the same dollar amount for each of us and going to some of the bars & ordering multiple drinks based on the bartenders suggestions.

Might be more bang for our buck and flexibility of doing that whenever and with whatever kind of alcohol we want to.

I was thinking about trying to pick up another tasting on-board for my May cruise, I think I'm going to pass now. :furious:

I am done with tastings. They used to be a good deal, but now I will take the money and go to happy hours and try different drinks and have a better time. I have done all the tastings I want to multiple times and now the price is too high and not worth it.

I also agree though, I'm glad I did the tastings in the past. Would have hated to spend a lot of money to find out that Cognac is not my thing. $28 wasn't so bad, though.

I'm not too shocked the prices went up, we thought they were a steal at the old prices.

I feel like it was about this time last year- crazy that in the last 2 years the Champagne went from $38 to $70.
In 1 yr.

90 days before my June 2022 cruise I booked the champagne tasting for $38. (And chocolate/liquor for $37, and Mixology for $25.). The prices rose before we sailed, but I had the cheaper prices. I was already thinking of just doing 1 tasting on my next cruise due to the price increase...but if they rose again...I won't do any and just enjoy the drinks of the day instead!

Last edited:
Can anyone report what the chocolate and liquor tasting costs now?

The tastings have historically been wayyyyy too cheap, as evidenced by the fact that a lot of them sell out before the Silver booking window even opens. $70 is pretty steep though. I wouldn't mind it if they also commensurately increase the quality of the products that they pour during the tastings, but they probably won't. We did a $150 premium wine tasting on Celebrity and it was worth every penny--most of the pours were from $100-300 (retail) bottles, and it included high quality meats, cheeses, etc. to pair with the wine.

The tastings have historically been wayyyyy too cheap, as evidenced by the fact that a lot of them sell out before the Silver booking window even opens. $70 is pretty steep though. I wouldn't mind it if they also commensurately increase the quality of the products that they pour during the tastings, but they probably won't. We did a $150 premium wine tasting on Celebrity and it was worth every penny--most of the pours were from $100-300 (retail) bottles, and it included meats, cheeses, etc. to pair with the wine.
We've done wine tastings several times but the last one we did on the Wonder, some of the wines were truly awful. And cheap. Eventhough the prices had gone up at that point we were already locked in at the old price and I was very thankful for that.

DH paid 50 last month for the bourbon tasting on the Dream. And about 8 people didn’t show up so they let those present have extra samples since they were already poured and set up. He thought it was worth 50 but not sure about if it goes up to 70

Wow, that is a jump! I'd been debating dropping the Champagne tasting on my next cruise because I wasn't sure it was worth $50... now I'm considering keeping it since I'll probably not book any more tastings on future cruises with the new prices :laughing:

I was just on the Dream in December and did several tastings. That is one hefty increase in just 4 months. DCL can keep it; I'll pass and let someone else sniff the pixie dust up their nose and with a smile of excitement fork over their bucks for these tastings. o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter