Another Potty Question :)

harleyquinn

<font color=red>Wishes she could take photos of th
We are flying (if we were driving I'd totally take the potty chair BTW)

DD just decided last Monday that she is done with diapers. She is doing really, really well with only a couple of accidents. We leave for WDW in a week.

I'm well acquainted with the bathrooms at WDW since I visited when I was 8 weeks preggo with her. (full circle there! ;))
I'm planning to bring extra undies and a change of clothes with us everywhere.

Does anyone have any other tips or things I should be thinking about? It's just so new to us. In fact I put diapers on my garden grocer order. I wonder if I can cancel them...

We are flying (if we were driving I'd totally take the potty chair BTW)

DD just decided last Monday that she is done with diapers. She is doing really, really well with only a couple of accidents. We leave for WDW in a week.

I'm well acquainted with the bathrooms at WDW since I visited when I was 8 weeks preggo with her. (full circle there! ;))
I'm planning to bring extra undies and a change of clothes with us everywhere.

Does anyone have any other tips or things I should be thinking about? It's just so new to us. In fact I put diapers on my garden grocer order. I wonder if I can cancel them...

Post-it notes.

Stick one on the sensor so the auto-flush doesn't scare your little one. :goodvibes
Just remember to remove it for the next person. :thumbsup2

Post-it notes.

Stick one on the sensor so the auto-flush doesn't scare your little one. :goodvibes
Just remember to remove it for the next person. :thumbsup2

I remember seeing that mentioned somewhere! DD HATES the loud auto-flushers, so this is great! Thanks so much!

i would not put her back in diapers.

that could only confuse her-- how about the pull ups.

make a mental note to stop in the bathrooms as you past them.

My son is two and was really into potty training at home. He was in underwear and trained at home by the time he was 20 months. Public toilets...a whole different story. I couldn't get him to use one, until I figured out that he was afraid of the flushers and the hand dryers. Then I started sitting way back on the potty seat and putting him in front of me, and now he goes with no problem. The best part is I don't have to carry around a potty seat!

When my kids were newly trained, I sometimes put Pull Ups on them when we went places, but I put them on over their underwear.

If they had an accident, they'd know it because their undies would feel wet, but the Pull Up would contain everything so that there was no mess. This was very helpful on the plane ride to WDW since DD was newly trained and I knew she'd fall asleep on the plane.

My son is newly potty trained....I looked at carrying around a portable potty....but then decided on these! My DS will go on a public potty...but for some reason has to sit clear back, grab the seat, and dangle his legs on the little part where people often dribble...GROSS!!! So I bought a bunch of these to carry! Good Luck!

1-5.jpg

Take her out a lot at home in the next week and practice on public potties. See how she does. Get one of those potty rings to take to the resort. It will make potty time at the hotel easier.

With my son I had him sit backwards on the toilet when he sat - think back towards you facing the flushing part - make sense? Their little butt won't fall in the toilet that way! It makes the big toilet a lot less scary. You can practice this at home on your toilet. You do have to completely remove pants for this, so I suggest skirts. :)

I brought little packs of lysol wipes with me when he still sat like that and gave the toilet a quick wipe down since he had to hold on - made me feel better about it.

Then make sure to pack extra undies and clothes and be prepared for accidents. Remind her to potty every hour or so and even if she says no, attempt every 2. Yay for no diapers!!

My DD has been completely trained for just a couple of months. The automatic flushers scare her also. She asks if it is going to flush loud.

She wears me out wanting to visit absolutely every restroom she sees. I am afraid all I am going to see on this Disney trip is the restrooms! Seems like it takes forever to "prep" and then get everything re-situated.

My DD has been completely trained for just a couple of months. The automatic flushers scare her also. She asks if it is going to flush loud.

She wears me out wanting to visit absolutely every restroom she sees. I am afraid all I am going to see on this Disney trip is the restrooms! Seems like it takes forever to "prep" and then get everything re-situated.

http://www.cassworld.ca/bathrooms.htm

mark your map and avoid those sections--- :rotfl:

I'm so glad I asked this, such wonderful suggestions!! We've been taking her out a lot and she's been doing wonderful. She was afraid of the super loud hand dryers at our Target, but last time we went there were a couple of slightly older girls laughing and playing with them and now she thinks they are fun.

We are definitely not going back to diapers at all. Though we are using pull ups at night and for naps. She woke me up the last two nights to go potty though, so she is doing great!

Once my DS was potty trained, I couldn't get him to wear Pull Ups. That said, if you decide to use them, I would advise using them on the plane. During the flight to Disney, we took both of my DS4 and DS6 (3 and 5 at the time) to the potty during the flight, so we thought we'd be okay. Right as we were descending, both started saying they had to pee and couldn't wait. As soon as we touched down we rushed them to the bathrooms. On the way home, we figured we would keep this from happening again by waiting until later in the flight. It worked for our oldest, but our youngest still had to pee after the seat belt light came on. We hit the call flight attendant button and told her the situation. She told us to hurry. My husband ran him to the bathroom and was back in under a minute.
My youngest DS had been potty trained for 6 months without any accidents before we went to Disney World in November. While we were there, he had multiple accidents. We made sure to make lots of bathroom stops, but he was having so much fun he didn't always tell us he needed to go until the last possible second. We managed to get him to the bathroom every time he suddenly had to go except once. Luckily we brought extra clothes every day just in case. Mostly his accidents were while he was sleeping. He would take a nap in the stroller or while one of us was carrying him and not wake up to pee. While we always had extra clothes for him, we didn't think to carry extra clothes for ourselves. At one point or another, he got my DH, my father in law and me wet. At least it was always at the end of the day.

Good luck!

Throw a pair of gym shorts or something for yourself in your park bag. We were at a local zoo with my freshly trained daughter last summer and thought to bring a change of clothes for her. Wouldn't you know it, after not having an accident for weeks, she decided to have one while sitting on my lap. :sad2: Now even though she's been trained for over a year, I still put a pair of shorts in for me and DH, just in case.

Kids have the BEST timing! You are still in the honeymoon stage.It new and exciting and she wants to please you. Many kids never regress but some, after a week or two get tired of the whole thing and majorly regress. Not a biggie unless you are at WDW and have all underwear! Here's what I would do. I would keep working at it at home with lots of trips to public toilets. I would change my order from diapers to pull ups. I would let her know that you expect her to use the potty at Mickey's house and go with that expectation yourself. However, it she has an accident or two, try the pull ups over the underwear, and if she has many more than that, use the pull ups as a diaper but still take her to the potty as you have been doing. This trip is too big and too expensive to worry about potty training 24/7. If she is truly ready, she will get back on tract as soon as you get back home!

Once my DS was potty trained, I couldn't get him to wear Pull Ups. That said, if you decide to use them, I would advise using them on the plane. During the flight to Disney, we took both of my DS4 and DS6 (3 and 5 at the time) to the potty during the flight, so we thought we'd be okay. Right as we were descending, both started saying they had to pee and couldn't wait. As soon as we touched down we rushed them to the bathrooms. On the way home, we figured we would keep this from happening again by waiting until later in the flight. It worked for our oldest, but our youngest still had to pee after the seat belt light came on. We hit the call flight attendant button and told her the situation. She told us to hurry. My husband ran him to the bathroom and was back in under a minute.
My youngest DS had been potty trained for 6 months without any accidents before we went to Disney World in November. While we were there, he had multiple accidents. We made sure to make lots of bathroom stops, but he was having so much fun he didn't always tell us he needed to go until the last possible second. We managed to get him to the bathroom every time he suddenly had to go except once. Luckily we brought extra clothes every day just in case. Mostly his accidents were while he was sleeping. He would take a nap in the stroller or while one of us was carrying him and not wake up to pee. While we always had extra clothes for him, we didn't think to carry extra clothes for ourselves. At one point or another, he got my DH, my father in law and me wet. At least it was always at the end of the day.

Good luck!

We will definitely do this on the plane. She wears pull ups at night (we call them her special night underwear). I can definitely see the nap thing happening to us too.
Kids have the BEST timing! You are still in the honeymoon stage.It new and exciting and she wants to please you. Many kids never regress but some, after a week or two get tired of the whole thing and majorly regress. Not a biggie unless you are at WDW and have all underwear! Here's what I would do. I would keep working at it at home with lots of trips to public toilets. I would change my order from diapers to pull ups. I would let her know that you expect her to use the potty at Mickey's house and go with that expectation yourself. However, it she has an accident or two, try the pull ups over the underwear, and if she has many more than that, use the pull ups as a diaper but still take her to the potty as you have been doing. This trip is too big and too expensive to worry about potty training 24/7. If she is truly ready, she will get back on tract as soon as you get back home!

Thanks for this! I did change the order to Pull ups. I won't let this ruin our trip, but I'm sure it's going to be one to remember!

Make sure you take them to potty before you get in ANY line! Inevitable they'll need to go when you are 2 minutes away from the front of the line if you don't!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter