Another Poly Concierge Question

Melrosgirl

DVC Member - BCV
Is the lounge for the Polynesian Concierge ever too crowded? I mean, if we go to the lounge hoping to grab a bite to eat and see the fireworks over at MK, will it be too crowded? will it be disappointing? tia :)

Just back. Sometimes it gets crowded, but it thins out pretty quickly. I definitely was not disappointed.

I was there in September - it was a bit crowded around 8am and again at the fireworks but not enough to make it disappointing but even the beach was crowded during fireworks which would be expected.

It was still great!

Could you tell me about the food?? Was it good?/ Is it worhte the extra money if I was not going to use concierge services except fof the food and drinkd???

I did not use the concierge staff (I was too anxious to make my PS arrangements) I only paid about $40 extra per night with a code rate. It was definitely worth it. This is how I figured it (for 4 of us- $10 fridge-$20 breakfast (we ate breakfast there every morning but one)$25 for beverages (at least-figure water is about $2.50 a bottle)$20 for late night cordials and desserts - this doesnt include the numerous times we stopped for an appetizer before dinner and had a glass of wine or my DS's M&M's, cookies, sandwich, etc. Even if I didnt get my "money's worth" the convenience was great, and the staff was wonderful.

As far as the food, it was pretty good-basic-tough to mess up. Breakfast was continental-during the other times it was sandwiches, cheese, fruits, cookies. And every night was something different but basic-nachos, pasta, etc. Plenty of juices, sodas, water, coffee.

I fell in love with staying concierge and will have a hard time talking myself into something else next September. Lets hope they keep up with the codes in the "slow" season.

Remember if you are going before the Hawaii building is closed for renovations, you are guaranteed a great location-near both pools, the main house and marina. (not that any building is bad).

Something stupid but I also enjoyed my packages being delivered to my room and not having to go the the main building to pick them up-not a big deal but again...convenient.

Ditto on the crowding. Seemed full sometimes 8AM or so but thinned out quickly. We never seemed to have to wait too long for anything. Couldn't say about the evenings, we were either out in the pool or elsewhere and my family would never watch the fireworks from anywhere but outside.

As far as the food and drink, I think we probably were ahead or at worst broke even. I agree, food was good, basic, tough to mess up. Having said that, we enjoyed it. Probably paid for itself in convenience alone.

Thankfully, due to seasonal and code discounts we are doing it again this Dec. It would have been tough to go without, I'm not addicted, really, I can control it, please pass another cookie!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter