Another Pet Peeve!

dwtraveler

Livin' my Golden 'Ears
Ok, sorry, but got to be said, a big pet peeve of mine is people who stop in the middle of the walkways and start talking or reading the map or whatever. It stops the flow of traffic and causes a mess! This is especially true for groups. At AK on Wed, a group of about ten people just stopped dead and started eating and checking out the map for what to do next. What a mess, AK has tighter quarters anyway and that just stopped up the whole flow. People, move to the sides before you call your meeting and be mindfull of where you are and how you are affecting those around you!

Any other pet peeves out there?:headache:

Guilty as charged! Although I don't travel with a group of 10! I would be lying if I said I have never done that. But I am making progress....I am aware of it now! Seriously, I think people get caught up in their own thing and aren't aware they are causing a back up...I know with me, I probably had something catch my eye or a thought pop into my head.."hey...let's check this out!" and pull out the map right there on the spot, stop and look! Sorry! lol

My husband does this all the time. At WDW, at the mall, walking down the sidewalk.

We've been together for 10 years now and I can't train it out of him. We have an agreement that it is okay for me to pull him to the side thought...

He really doesn't mean to...

I think the important thing to remember here is that people are not doing it on purpose. They are not thinking, "Oh ... I know what we can do. Let's stop right in the middle of the walkway and totally mess up the flow of guests." :goodvibes

They're people who aren't sure where to be, maybe have never been to WDW before, are overwhelmed by the options and are trying to figure it all out.

If you are behind such a group, simply say, "Excuse me" and continue to walk to your destination or (better yet), perhaps stop and say, "Do you guys need help finding something?" and help them find their way. You can even -- as you're pointing it out on the map -- herd them over to the side just a bit by saying, "let's move over here a bit so that these people behind you can get through", thereby helping them AND calling attention to the fact that they've just basically brought the pathway to a stop. Because, honestly? WDW seems so frickin' BIG to people that they lose all sense of scale and don't realize people can't get around them.

:earsboy:

My husband is 6'4" and he is a very fast walker. He zooms along and then stops and changes directions. He is always determined to be moving faster than everyone else around him.

We were at home depot and I crashed into him when he changed what aisle he was going to go down, and then I crashed a second time. I stopped and just stood there. Half way down the aisle he turned around and noticed I was stopped.

He barges into banquet halls as if there is a fire, leaving me running after him. I have begun, now after 25 years of marriage, to stop and stand in the doorway while he race walks to wherever he needs to go. Then he'll stop, turn around and come back to get me.

He is very aware of other people who stop and block walk ways but he has no idea what his sudden changes in direction do to those behind him. One time he crashed through a turnstile and just about knocked a woman to the floor.

I think the important thing to remember here is that people are not doing it on purpose. They are not thinking, "Oh ... I know what we can do. Let's stop right in the middle of the walkway and totally mess up the flow of guests." :goodvibes

They're people who aren't sure where to be, maybe have never been to WDW before, are overwhelmed by the options and are trying to figure it all out.

If you are behind such a group, simply say, "Excuse me" and continue to walk to your destination or (better yet), perhaps stop and say, "Do you guys need help finding something?" and help them find their way. You can even -- as you're pointing it out on the map -- herd them over to the side just a bit by saying, "let's move over here a bit so that these people behind you can get through", thereby helping them AND calling attention to the fact that they've just basically brought the pathway to a stop. Because, honestly? WDW seems so frickin' BIG to people that they lose all sense of scale and don't realize people can't get around them.

:thumbsup2 Great answer!!!

You win the AAA: :thumbsup2 :yay:Awesome Answer Award:yay::thumbsup2

I'm sure some people don't know what their stopping like this can cause and it would be nice to have the time to stop and help them. I'm not talking about the quick stop to regroup, I mean these people were eating their lunches in the middle of the walk way. Back ups happen so fast, especially when it's crowded, and unless you are the first people behind them, you have no way to make a suggestion to them to "move to the side", not to mention getting them angry at you for interfeering in their business.

I'm not suggesting this is the worst thing in the world or that at one time or another we all havn't had to make a quick stop for something or another, just voicing a pet peeve and asking people to be aware of their surroundings and respectful of others.

BAH! It's one of my biggest pet peves too!!!!

My dbf and I used to get super annoyed at people and finally one time, I accidently ran into this woman who turned around and shouted at me.

--she was in the middle of the sidewalk--

My Dbf started making star shooter noises at us and whizzed past me (we were going to Buzz lightyear) so I apoligized and shook it off.

Now we'll make space ship noises when we go around people. It's still annoying, but at least this way I can have some fun with it.

I don't like it either. :headache: I know people don't do it on purpose and it happens everywhere, not just WDW. If I have the politeness to go over to the side when I need to stop, why can't other people? :confused: Sometimes it seems like people only care about themselves and are unaware that they are in public and there are others around.

LOL.........i dont think the have a designated area marked "please stand here to reorient yourselves" truth is there is always someone in front of you, behind you, beside you or right up against you..........ewwwww. and i will give ya 2 to 1 that you have victimized someone at some time and not even known it.:)

I hate it when a group of 5 or 6 people are walking side-by-side and expect everyone else to veer around them.

I just keep on walking. I'm usually there with just my DD and we take up a lot less space than a group like that. At the least, a couple of them should walk behind or step aside to let others through.

Disney shouldn't be a constant game of Red Rover!

This is a huge pet peeve of mine as well, but the truth is when Disney is crowded, sometimes there's no place to move out of the way. There are those people (not just at WDW) that just don't even think about those around them and those are the ones that make me "peeved"

Just back from a spring break trip, and saw one of my pet peeves in action on several occasions.

A line formed at the Fast Pass entrance, because a group of 10 or more were jamming up the entrance, waiting on the clock to change to their magic number. People who don't know, get in line behind the group, and soon, you've got a line of 50 or more people to enter the FP line. :mad:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I like people who stop right in front of me - they help me improve my dance moves. If I don't see them in time, they help me perfect my healing. And if they go down with me, then I get to improve my interpersonal skills.

Just back from a spring break trip, and saw one of my pet peeves in action on several occasions.

A line formed at the Fast Pass entrance, because a group of 10 or more were jamming up the entrance, waiting on the clock to change to their magic number. People who don't know, get in line behind the group, and soon, you've got a line of 50 or more people to enter the FP line. :mad:

I've gotten to a FP entrance and seen a dozen or so people milling about right next to the CM. I walk around and show the CM my FPs and off I go!

I like people who stop right in front of me - they help me improve my dance moves. If I don't see them in time, they help me perfect my healing. And if they go down with me, then I get to improve my interpersonal skills.

Now that is a "glass is half full" answer!:thumbsup2

I'm sorry to say,I am a random stopper. My husband calls me Mr. Magoo.

My biggest pet peeve is...at theatre/movies people who plop right down in the middle of the row...I have no issue with people sitting there...what bugs me is they will not try to move so I can get by....I have stepped on many a toe...maybe some on purpose to get by...LOL..

I usually go offseason so I have never been in a show that has been full...so sitting in the middle is easy but man if I want to go past you help me out a little...geez

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter