Another Passport Question

CaptainMorgan

Earning My Ears
We have our passports and what a breeze they are to use!! WAY faster than using our birth certificates! Don't know why I waited so long to get one!!

So, here's my question....there is a place in the Passport for my signature...what about my kids' passports? Am I supposed to sign my name on the line for them? or are they actually supposed to sign it themselves?? Ages 8 and 12...so they are minors. I've read the thing cover to cover and it doesn't say that a parent is supposed to sign it for them...but what good is the signature of a minor??

Also...it tells us to make 2 photocopies of the ID page of the passport. One copy to be left at home and one to be taken along but carried in a different place than the original. Just in case.....makes sense to me!

Thanks for the help everyone!! Can't wait until THIS SATURDAY!!! :banana:

From one Capt to another Capt...

I'd say I'm sure you would sign any official document as parent for your kids. We're all lucky we don't have to sit in and take their vaccination shots as my thoughtful 4 YO daughter once suggested when I told her it was important. Her comment was really asking why she had not seen ME take a vacinnation shot for "MY OWN GOOD". Bugger.... :goodvibes

AND... please don't ask me what I'm doing up at 5AM on the DIS :rolleyes: and I will not ask you what you're doing up at 4:50AM starting threads! :confused3

Younger DS was 13 when he got his most recent passport (2 years ago), and I just looked at it and see that we let him sign it. I know that when my DSs were younger, I had to sign my name in their passports and then print next to it "...for Child's Name". And of course print your child's name. :)

AND... please don't ask me what I'm doing up at 5AM on the DIS :rolleyes: and I will not ask you what you're doing up at 4:50AM starting threads! :confused3[/QUOTE]

:rotfl2: hahaha...I'm too excited to sleep (leaving for the Magic on Friday) and it's not 4:50 here, it was 6:50...I always start my day with a cup of coffee and the DIS board...doesn't everyone???? :confused3

from www.travel.state.gov
My child is too young to sign his/her own passport. How do I sign my child's passport?

In the space provided for the signature, the mother or father must print the child's name and sign their own name. Then, in parenthesis by the parent's name, write the word (mother) or (father) so we know who signed for the child.

Now, when I actually asked what "too young" referred to, they said that it referred to children unable to write/sign their own name (i.e. 4 year olds) but that a child who is capable of writing/signing their own name, even though legally a minor, should sign their own passport.

I signed my name and "for DD's name".....on her passport. I think I put mother next to my name. She can only print her first name currently. We used the passport with no problem.

Enjoy your cruise!! :)

I had my kids (6 & 9) sign their own passports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter