• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another..Need gift ideas for....?

starann

In having children, I have lost my mind, but found
I have seen a few of these here and am at a loss as to what to get our friend.

Joe is a retired Firefighter (he has too much FF stuff already) who is a GREAT friend to us, he's in his early 60's and this past year has battled (and so far won!!!) stage 4 throat cancer!!!! He does have a feeding tube and can not swallow as the radiation ruined the tissue in his mouth. We usually send him a lil something for Xmas. He is a photographer for fun and he and his wife live year round in Avon, NC (the OBX, so GC to movies are not so good as they have a hike to go just about anywhere).

Food is out since he can't eat it. We got him a subscription to a Fire fighter mag for his b-day......................does anyone have any suggestions? He does like lighthouses (he actually helped move the Hatteras Light house when it was moved a few years ago).

Thanks!

If he doesn't already have one, how about a digital picture frame-so he can add some of his favorite photos to it.

was the magazine Firehouse ? I know you said he has a lot of FF stuff but my Dh loves this magazine
MMS

Do you know his family well enough to maybe get them to participate in gathering photos and maybe some quotes/memories so you could make a scrapbook type thing?

I have seen a few of these here and am at a loss as to what to get our friend.

Joe is a retired Firefighter (he has too much FF stuff already) who is a GREAT friend to us, he's in his early 60's and this past year has battled (and so far won!!!) stage 4 throat cancer!!!! He does have a feeding tube and can not swallow as the radiation ruined the tissue in his mouth. We usually send him a lil something for Xmas. He is a photographer for fun and he and his wife live year round in Avon, NC (the OBX, so GC to movies are not so good as they have a hike to go just about anywhere).

Food is out since he can't eat it. We got him a subscription to a Fire fighter mag for his b-day......................does anyone have any suggestions? He does like lighthouses (he actually helped move the Hatteras Light house when it was moved a few years ago).

Thanks!

My mom went through stage IV oral cancer and lived at the OBX. She survived 7 years after her first round of treatments. My sister actually lives in Buxton across from the lighthouse and works in Avon.

My mom had a feeding tube and couldn't swallow either :( Can he still speak? My mom wasn't able to after he surgery so I got her lots of notebooks and some comfy pens to write with and a simple sign language book. She never did use it though :)

Maybe make him up a stocking of small goodies?

Does he garden at all? I know my dad (still at the OBX) and his buddy down the street both enjoy working in the yard. Maybe a gift certificate to an online nursery or Home Depot (I am sure they get up there every now and then) along with some garden tools?

Good luck!

Does he like word puzzles? Sudoku, word search, and things like that? They can be a lot of fun. Maybe get some magazines, lottery tickets, stationary with stamps. Just some ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter