• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another moderate?

Kristinluvsdisney

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Me and my Dh just booked a surprise trip for our boys this May. We booked for CBR again. Although i love this resort and love the pool area for my boys we were thinking about trying a new moderate. Is there another moderate that is good and fun for boys ages 3(almost 4 when we go) and 5? We stayed at Dixie landings (now POR) back in 99 but i dont remember much about it. So how are the pool areas at the other mods? Are they fun for the little ones? Are they shallow enough for the little ones? Thanks for any input. :)

Port Orleans French Quarter has a very cool serpent waterslide in the pool. It isn't too large so you could keep the boys well contained. I think we are going to try this resort. Plus, they were recently refurbished and now have 2 Queen beds.

I haven't stayed at POFQ, but the pool looks great for kids! It is currently under refurbishment, but should be done by your trip.

Hi all,

Me and my Dh just booked a surprise trip for our boys this May. We booked for CBR again. Although i love this resort and love the pool area for my boys we were thinking about trying a new moderate. Is there another moderate that is good and fun for boys ages 3(almost 4 when we go) and 5? We stayed at Dixie landings (now POR) back in 99 but i dont remember much about it. So how are the pool areas at the other mods? Are they fun for the little ones? Are they shallow enough for the little ones? Thanks for any input. :)

Personally the CBR is my least favorite resort. At least the ones I stayed at inside Disney and out. The ones I have been at, all have the pools at around 4 feet at its deepest points. Not sure everyone is like that. As far as moderates I would go POR.

Another vote for POR. We have never done it, but if your boys like fishing, they offer that at POR. POR has a bigger food court and shopping area if you like that sort of thing.

LOVE POFQ. Always been one of my favorites since I was little. Great pool with serpent slide and not too big of a resort.

I vote for POFQ too, this is our favorite moderate resort. It is the smaller of the moderates plus like everyone else said, the pool slide is great for kids (especially boys). Plus you can take a ferry boat to DTD which is relaxing and fun for the kids. Another plus is that if there are days where the buses are sharing with POR, the buses will pick up and drop off the POFQ guests first, so you are more likely to get a seat with your kids. Have a great trip.

POFQ vote here too. With the rehab, boat to DTD, and the fact it has its own bus stop at MK in the evening should win you over. You can use the pools over at POR if you choose too. POFQ has better bus service than POR, since buses start there if they head over to POR. (They don't always.)

Looks like I am in the minority but I <3 CBR - we have stayed there 10 times and are staying again in June and August. I ventured to POR once and hated the hotel - the staff was horrible and the room was not ready until after 5 pm in the evening. We also found it difficult to get to and from the resort as it is not as centrally located as CBR. Plus the Pirate Rooms at CBR are ideal for a young boy - heck my DD11 even loved our Pirate Room last summer

FQ slide is great for that age, and the fun alligator statues and a fun playground, and everything is SO CLOSE!

Thanks everyone for the input. :) So it seems most people prefer POFQ or POR. So can anyone tell me how the kiddie pools are there? Do they have a kiddie pool? The reason i like CBR is because of the kiddie pool and the zero entry at the main pool. But would really like to try a different (smaller) resort. I tried to find pics of kiddie pool but can only find pics of main pool. Thanks again. :)

There kiddie pools are basically round with maybe 12inches of water. That is the only reason we are thinking CBR they have a great pool for the kids. My girls are going on 3 and 6 for our upcoming trip and I think they would love the pool at CBR. The size of the resort don't bother me we have stayed at SSR in the past and that place is huge also.

We've not stayed at any of the moderates except for CSR. We have visited them all, walked the grounds, looked at the pools, eaten at the food courts, etc.

Personally, for the age of your boys, the CBR is probably the best pool. Although POFQ would fall behind POR in our preference, it is probably the best for the ages of your kids with the size of the resort and the cute pool.

The pool at POR does not go deep. Not totally positive. Wasn't in the pool more than once. Pretty sure most main pools don't go deep or at least most of it is about 4 feet. I could be wrong but when i was at POR i was with my wife and daughter who was 5 at the time. We swam around the pool and I was wondering why there wasn't a deeper part. POR has a number of what they call quiet pools. I believe they have a deep section. You should read the reviews here. Number 1 is POFQ 2 POR 3 CSR and last is CBR as far as moderates.

CSR has queen beds and the pyramid pool is really neat looking. Heard alot of great things about it. There is a pool opening ceremony that your boys might like. I am not sure but I heard that there there is a kiddie pool also. You might want to consider renting dvc points and getting a studio at AKV. They have a really great water play area there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter