Another MNSSHP Question - Possibly Stupid

Mortlives

DIS Veteran
If I arrive after 4, how will they know to only use the party ticket, and not take a day off the park hopper on my Magic Band?

I wondered this, too. Is taking the hard ticket the only option?

If I arrive after 4, how will they know to only use the party ticket, and not take a day off the park hopper on my Magic Band?
I have read that there's a special Mickey Head Tapstile at the far end of all the Tapstiles that's exclusively for party tickets. However, if you notice the wrong ticket was used, it can be fixed at Guest Relations at any theme park or DTD. Simplest thing is to use the hard ticket at the Tapstile.

Give them the hard ticket instead of your MB. :-)

It has been discussed recently that doing that will NOT necessarily save your other tickets from being "deducted."

Last edited:
1. I have read that there's a special Mickey Head Tapstile at the far end of all the Tapstiles that's exclusively for party tickets. However, if you notice the wrong ticket was used, it can be fixed at Guest Relations at any theme park or DTD.

2. Simplest thing is to use the hard ticket at the Tapstile.

1. Correct.
2. It has been discussed recently that doing that will NOT necessarily save your other tickets from being "deducted."

Last edited:
I wondered this, too. Is taking the hard ticket the only option?

Before you enter the party, go to a Guest Relations and have your Party ticket set to the highest priority in your MDE account.
The highest priority ticket will be the one that gets used "next" at the gate.

My ticket's electronic. I supposed I could print it out?
Yes. And you just take it to the tapstile and an iPad CM will ok it. You can always convert to a hard ticket at Guest Relations but there is no reason to do that for a Party unless you do book FPs with it.

If you link it to MDE and book FPs, either get it converted or use your MagicBand at the FP tapstile.

It has been discussed recently that doing that will NOT necessarily save your other tickets from being "deducted."

That actually makes perfect sense if it's really just one more key to open our MDE account. Guess I'll count myself lucky that I won't need to even link my mnsshp ticket to MDE

Last edited:
That actually makes perfect since if it's really just one more key to open our MDE account. Guess I'll count myself lucky that I won't need to even link my mnsshp ticket to MDE
I agree. Even though I purchased two MNSSHP tickets through my MDE account, I linked them to two people who won't be on the trip with us. Then, we have a digital record of the two tickets and we'll enter the park using the hard tickets.

MNSSHP tickets can be reassigned to a different profile/person listed in your MDE and it saves you a trip to Guest Relations... there's no way for any ticket entitlement to get deducted incorrectly.

That actually makes perfect since if it's really just one more key to open our MDE account. Guess I'll count myself lucky that I won't need to even link my mnsshp ticket to MDE

I'm thinking the same thing - I have enough days on my non-expiring ticket that I don't need to link my party ticket.

However, last year we did link our MVMCP tickets and went our first night, I only had enough days on my current ticket to cover the 3 park days we were doing afterward, and it was OK. I guess we were lucky then too. Now that I think about it, my DH had more days on his, we never did check to make sure he still has 7 days remaining.

Now that I think about it, my DH had more days on his, we never did check to make sure he still has 7 days remaining
You can easily check by going into MDE and begin booking FPs. The system allows you to book for all the remaining days... just cancel the FPs after you have checked the total number of days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter